FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Car Rental rewards - National v. Enterprise
Old May 14, 2019, 1:28 pm
Perqs Help

Car Rental rewards - National v. Enterprise

Many years of Hertz rental and my company now pushing us to National or Enterprise. I know the Enterprise downside, I can live with it. National not wonderful, hit or miss either way and bottom line in my case truthfully is a car is a car. As long as clean. Starting to rent from both, but hate to dilute my rewards benefit and want to stick basically with one. And I want to base it on rewards program benefit. Neither website is especially clear in helping with that decision. I can apply my rentals to either program, but the rewards then stay exclusively there.

Once a year I need a supplemental van for family visiting. Hertz now about depleted. I rent maybe 18-20 times a year, 3-4 days per trip. Add to the variables that National is only at the airport where I live and that is pain in the neck (half hour) to pick up and return, second driver needed, etc. Enterprise happens to have a newer, clean, nice, user-friendly location 6 minutes from my house. I used them for a 3-day out-of-pocket rental recently. I've also used them at other in-city locations for 1-2 day driving biz trips and I thought they were going to strip-search and then flog me to confess something about my background that would disqualify me renting (signing over the car I drove there in seemed to loosen the interrogation a bit

I 'm trying to kick this around in my head. Hate to end up with 4 free days at National and 3 free days at Enterprise when I need 7 total "somewhere". Thoughts or knowledge sabout th eprogram that is helpful?