Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Transferring Radisson Americas points to global program, every step made inconvenient

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring Radisson Americas points to global program, every step made inconvenient

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
Sorry but I have been away from this programme and don't fully understand these separate programmes. I am trying to book a hotel in the US but my account (UK based) is not recognised on the US site. Do I have to create a new account on the US site and restart to earn a status? If mutually recognised, what is the point to separate the one programme into two...?
Open a US account and then once open you can ask for a status match if you are an elite in the international program. Separation was due to government requirement and just in case you missed it the US program was sold to Choice Hotels so long term the stay and points you accrue will end up in Choice program.

Last edited by christianj; Aug 2, 2022 at 4:09 pm
Old Aug 2, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by christianj
Open a US account and then once open you can ask for a status match if you are an elite in the international program.
Thanks, I just opened the US account. I have been a Platinum member (with the status extension), will ask for a status match. What a weird system...
christianj likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
Thanks, I just opened the US account. I have been a Platinum member (with the status extension), will ask for a status match. What a weird system...
It’s two completely separate programs and US division will be Choice in the long term. If there will be any association to Radisson International is still TBD.
Dark Blue likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
It’s two completely separate programs and US division will be Choice in the long term. If there will be any association to Radisson International is still TBD.
I see... Choice also operate separate programmes in Scandinavia and the rest, it's very inconvenient.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:37 am

I have been told that the non US Platinum can be matched to the US Gold... How ridiculous...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.