Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Transferring Radisson Americas points to global program, every step made inconvenient

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring Radisson Americas points to global program, every step made inconvenient

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2022, 6:14 pm
TA
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM

Ok I admit this is a minor gripe, in advance.

I'm just about to dump my points and rid myself of this ridiculous split-up program by redeeming a hotel in EU, but even leaving is made inconvenient.

I go to this page where it says to create an account in the global program to receive the Americas points. https://www.radissonhotelsamericas.c...oints-transfer

Yet, on going to the "join" page for the global program, it asks for your residency address and offers no option for "United States". Well, in a way. You have to realize that you have to type "USA", the only country they've chosen to abbreviate in this way. Nearly took me writing / chatting with the non-existent customer service before I realized this, which I fully expected to have to do given their nonsensical systems. Then I tried some other tests and asked myself "why would they allow Canada and not the United States?".

Now I have to use the Points.com next step to get this transferred, which I'm sure will go perfectly. All they make you do is transfer in round blocks of 1,000 points. Then you have a balance of a few hundred points that you have to transfer in blocks of round 100 points. Then you have a balance of a few points that you have to transfer in single points to get it done.

Why is this program so ridiculous.

/rant
notquiteaff and Mystic92 like this.

Last edited by TA; Apr 3, 2022 at 6:24 pm
Old Apr 5, 2022, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
All these steps together take approximately 60 seconds.
kevino likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: EBG
My suggestion TA, is to give up. As far as I can ascertain the two Radissons are almost different companies and have almost nothing to do with each other. Its a bit like trying to use a Burger king voucher in Macdonalds.

I have just (in the last 24 hours) abandoned trying to get status match between the two companies keeping in mind that I was not even interested in the points just the status match. Trying to get the two radissons to work together is a feat well beyond its value.

My suggestion, abandon and rethink your strategy, consider the two Radissons to be completely different companies and ignore anybody who tells you that 60 seconds is all it takes, every site needs a antagonist it seems who will tell you they did it in seconds whilst balancing plates and cooking breakfast but never actually tell you how it was done.

regards,
TA and Mystic92 like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by nussle
My suggestion TA, is to give up. As far as I can ascertain the two Radissons are almost different companies and have almost nothing to do with each other. Its a bit like trying to use a Burger king voucher in Macdonalds.

I have just (in the last 24 hours) abandoned trying to get status match between the two companies keeping in mind that I was not even interested in the points just the status match. Trying to get the two radissons to work together is a feat well beyond its value.

My suggestion, abandon and rethink your strategy, consider the two Radissons to be completely different companies and ignore anybody who tells you that 60 seconds is all it takes, every site needs a antagonist it seems who will tell you they did it in seconds whilst balancing plates and cooking breakfast but never actually tell you how it was done.

regards,
If this is directed at me, it seems like the OP knows exactly how it was done, and there's nothing to "give up" on- OP just thinks there were too many steps involved. Your problem- trying to get a status match from the World program to the Americas program- is an entirely different issue from transferring points from the Americas to the World program.

But if I misunderstood, and the OP still has not figured out how to click on the buttons to transfer points, I'm happy to provide a step by step tutorial. i and many others on this site have successfully transferred points from the Americas to the Rest-of-the-world program, and I hope for the OPs sake he does not give up.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam1222
But if I misunderstood, and the OP still has not figured out how to click on the buttons to transfer points, I'm happy to provide a step by step tutorial. i and many others on this site have successfully transferred points from the Americas to the Rest-of-the-world program, and I hope for the OPs sake he does not give up.
Upon searching the forum trying to find a good written instruction on the point transfer process, I found this thread. I would be grateful if Adam could provide a step by step tutorial, either here or thru PM.
Thank You!
Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Upon searching the forum trying to find a good written instruction on the point transfer process, I found this thread. I would be grateful if Adam could provide a step by step tutorial, either here or thru PM.
Thank You!
1. Create an account in global program if you do not have one.
2. Go to https://www.radissonhotelsamericas.c...oints-transfer
3. Log in to your Radisson US account on that page
4. Click on Transfer Points
5. Select how many points you would like to transfer and complete the other info on the page. Hit enter and follow instructions
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

5. Select how many points you would like to transfer and complete the other info on the page. Hit enter and follow instructions
Thank you!
If the transfer done on a weekday and in EU business hours, how long the transfer usually takes to show up?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 8:07 pm

Thank you!
If the transfer done on a weekday and in EU business hours, how long the transfer usually takes to show up?
Its been a while but I seem to recall it being close to instantaneous.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
The most problematic component of the process is the status match. The points transfer from the US program to the international program is immediate. With 800,000 Radisson points in the US program and a pending visit to London, UK, I did have a vested interest in moving the process forward.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Thank you!
I think it is done without human involvement, so I would think it likely works on weekends and non-EU business hours, too, unless you happen to hit a time when they have IT maintenance.

Status match requires human review (since it’s done by email). That probably only happens on weekdays.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
The most problematic component of the process is the status match. The points transfer from the US program to the international program is immediate. With 800,000 Radisson points in the US program and a pending visit to London, UK, I did have a vested interest in moving the process forward.
Yes there are other threads about the status match as it is unrelated.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Status match is only good thru Feb 2023, right? Not much use for me so I will send the email request but not sweat about it, although we could use 1 or even 2 nights in London this November but I get a much bigger / nicer room at IHG's Staybridge versus the nearby Park Plaza Westminster Bridge / County Hall at much lower IHG pts, plus both breakfast and evening social treats. I should be better to just keep the pts for better usage in 2023.

The other area that is not clear is the point expiration date at the Rest of the World program. How do they start the clock? From the time you transfer the points in for the next 24 months? Anyone knows how the expiration time is calculated? And what activities outside of a hotel stay could extend the account life? (US program you could buy points, transfer in from eReward, and make an award booking...)
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:34 am

Status match is only good thru Feb 2023, right? Not much use for me so I will send the email request but not sweat about it, although we could use 1 or even 2 nights in London this November but I get a much bigger / nicer room at IHG's Staybridge versus the nearby Park Plaza Westminster Bridge / County Hall at much lower IHG pts, plus both breakfast and evening social treats. I should be better to just keep the pts for better usage in 2023.

The other area that is not clear is the point expiration date at the Rest of the World program. How do they start the clock? From the time you transfer the points in for the next 24 months? Anyone knows how the expiration time is calculated? And what activities outside of a hotel stay could extend the account life? (US program you could buy points, transfer in from eReward, and make an award booking...)
As noted, I recommend going to the other threads about status match. If you have other questions about what counts as qualifying activity for the Radisson global program, their website is a good place to start, but also outside the scope of this thread. https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us/terms-and-conditions#membership
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
I have Radisson US account, if I create an account for Radisson Rewards (non-US) and transfer points over. Can I transfer points back to Radisson US account later?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by echip
I have Radisson US account, if I create an account for Radisson Rewards (non-US) and transfer points over. Can I transfer points back to Radisson US account later?
Yes. (For now. No one knows what will happen after the sale of Radisson Americas to Choice goes through)
christianj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.