Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson New York Times Square - Gone - Left Radisson June 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson New York Times Square - Gone - Left Radisson June 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2021, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by TTT103
I have learned that Radisson customer service loves to pass the buck onto the hotel. It’s as if corporate allows their franchisees to call all of the shots with minimal oversight. As long as franchise fees are paid, their hotels seem to be able to do whatever they do desire. It has gotten horrible.
Sadly not exclusive to Radisson. Just had a higher end boutique hotel under the Hilton Curio Collection in NYC cancel a future stay in December referencing “the current travel situation.” They were gracious to “cancel free of charge” (which of course is a joke to even mention since it’s their fault) but they offered no rebooking options. HH Diamond line was clueless and told me to try and sort it with the hotel….which I can’t reach since they closed just like the Radisson, Diamond line said they could book another hotel but of course rates have gone up now so why should I be expected to pay more when the issue was caused by them.
TTT103 and 36902BRF like this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by christianj
Sadly not exclusive to Radisson. Just had a higher end boutique hotel under the Hilton Curio Collection in NYC cancel a future stay in December referencing “the current travel situation.” They were gracious to “cancel free of charge” (which of course is a joke to even mention since it’s their fault) but they offered no rebooking options. HH Diamond line was clueless and told me to try and sort it with the hotel….which I can’t reach since they closed just like the Radisson, Diamond line said they could book another hotel but of course rates have gone up now so why should I be expected to pay more when the issue was caused by them.
At least they canceled. I still don't know if my reservation is canceled or not.
christianj and 36902BRF like this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
FYI Radisson refused to give me any information and told me to call two different phone numbers- one of which was disconnected, and the other which is for the Radisson Midtown.
I did some digging online and found a number for The Hub - 212-255-9000 - who told me my reservations still existed, confirming that neither Radisson nor the property have any intention of letting guests know about the change. I am told they are now canceled, but, shrug.
Given devaluation, this experience, and how difficult the new Radisson system is for US-based international travel, I dont see myself staying at Radissons as much as I did pre-pandemic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.