Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Received Free Night Certificate

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
I got my cert in the mail today. The cert states that it expires 12-months from date of issuance.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA,UA, BA, DAL, FB
Put in the e-certificate code and couldn't find a single hotel where I could redeem it. I went thru about 20 different locations. I'm not talking London in July, although I did try it, I'm talking $65 hotels in the middle of winter. There was literally not a single hotel on any date I checked. This is ridiculous! Where/when can you use it?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Is this certificate transferrable? Can we sell it?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 8:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by aviator33
Put in the e-certificate code and couldn't find a single hotel where I could redeem it. I went thru about 20 different locations. I'm not talking London in July, although I did try it, I'm talking $65 hotels in the middle of winter. There was literally not a single hotel on any date I checked. This is ridiculous! Where/when can you use it?
There was supposedly a bug earlier today that has now been resolve. Try again and you may have better luck.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
There was supposedly a bug earlier today that has now been resolve. Try again and you may have better luck.
Is it still buggy? I can't figure out to use the e-cert. I plugged in the number and can't find a room.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by gblakeb
Is it still buggy? I can't figure out to use the e-cert. I plugged in the number and can't find a room.
I just tried a random date and 90% of hotels in Minneapolis had free nights. Are you entering the promotional code as well as the ecert code?

Edit: Heck, most of London is free on the July Saturday I checked as well...

Last edited by SFOPhD; Aug 20, 2015 at 6:20 pm
Old Aug 20, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
If you click the link the email to make your booking, the promo code and cert number will auto-populate.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
If you click the link the email to make your booking, the promo code and cert number will auto-populate.
Didn't realize I needed the promo code as well. I was able to use my two free nights.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:21 am

Ecert

I have a Cc biz and personal as does my wife. Back in June I complained on all 4 accounts and was to receive the 7,500 points offered to all those that complained per account. Well I only received it on 3 of the 4 as my biz account wasn't set up in CC with a username and password. I did get 3 ecerts the other day, and recently inquired about the 4th (which happened to be the account that didn't get the 7,500 sorry points). Here is their response

We appreciate your recent message and apologize for any confusion. This
E-Cert was sent to a select group of Club Carlson members, and is not
available to everyone. If you have any further questions regarding the
offer, please contact US Bank at 1-800-236-4012.

Pretty sure I can get that 4th ecert, just hoping someone has a number to the U.S. bank dept that made the calls to those who complained about losing the last night free award. Anyone?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:00 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Lekuxs15

We appreciate your recent message and apologize for any confusion. This
E-Cert was sent to a select group of Club Carlson members, and is not
available to everyone. If you have any further questions regarding the
offer, please contact US Bank at 1-800-236-4012.

Pretty sure I can get that 4th ecert, just hoping someone has a number to the U.S. bank dept that made the calls to those who complained about losing the last night free award. Anyone?
Welcome to FT.
Why not call the number that they gave you, above? Otherwise, there is a number on the back of the credit card to call.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Welcome to FT.
Why not call the number that they gave you, above? Otherwise, there is a number on the back of the credit card to call.
There was also a specific group from USB that called everyone who complained and offered the good faith points. Just hoping to get directly to them
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
There was also a specific group from USB that called everyone who complained and offered the good faith points. Just hoping to get directly to them

Complained about the 2nd free award night change? I complained, didn't receive a call from anyone. Did get 2500 points.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Lekuxs, I don't think it exactly happened that way. Many of us were quite riled up over the devaluation, and made a point to call US bank and complain. A goodly number of those people who called were offered some good faith points, of which, if memory serves, the highest offer appeared to be about 7500 points. Some folks also got all or part of the annual fee refunded when they closed (or intended to close) the cards. The front line reps, after a short time, were authorized to give these out as they deemed fit. People with bad luck the first round, meaning no good offers were procured, would HUCA, or Hang up, call again, and try their luck with a different CSR.

This is kind of a version of a "recon" call, or "reconsideration call," where the bank may (or may not) offer the caller an enticement for keeping an account open. A search in the tool bar for "recon" or "reconsideration offers" might net you some posts and threads that discuss strategies for these calls. Here's the thread in the Chase forum. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...l#post25297367

As far as I know, there are no dedicated phone number for us to call at US Bank... it's done by internal transfer when you announce your intent to close the cards. The bank (hopefully) gives you an incentive to stay.

Last edited by StartinSanDiego; Aug 21, 2015 at 9:16 pm
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Didn't get any free night certificate for myself or the other three accounts I manage that have the cc. Disappointing
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:14 pm

I got two free certificates for the same account and none for my other account

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.