Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Art'otel Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Art'otel Amsterdam

Not really a thread so I thought I would start one. Hopefully some of you can post a review.

I am booked for June 30-July 3, got 2 free nights using the wife & I's credit card. Simply stellar redemption in terms of value per point. For nights in USD would be $1,540.

Redemption of 100,000 CC points for a value per point of 1.5¢!! Most of the bloggers/websites value a CC indicate a value of .6-7¢, but I just looked up my history. I've redeemed 266,000 points with an average value of 1.24¢ (Yes, I'm an engineer LOL!). Sleeper program? Admittedly, most value of CC is in Europe though, not the continental US.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 8:45 am

I am really looking forward to staying at this hotel (late Sept). It has gotten rave reviews on tripadvisor. Good location, especially for a short visit, free breakfast, and the hotel restaurant is popular with the locals. I'm hoping gold status will get me an upgrade into an xl or iconic view room (I'm booked on points).
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Art'otel Amsterdam

A couple of FT members have stayed there and posted general positive comments. Do a search on "Amsterdam" and you should find the thread (Radisson vs art'otel Amsterdam was the topic) with the comments. On my mobile device so I cannot post a link.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:24 am
Original Poster

I saw the post already, my opinion is that such a high points value hotel should have its own thread. I agree it seems to be getting some great reviews.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
I will post a more detailed review in my blog later, but in a nutshell:

2 night reward stay

Staff was friendly and really tried to make an impression, all rooms appear to have turndown service. Check-in and check-out both rather slow.

Standard room is fairly small, if travelling with some luggage there is very limited storage area. Room's "peekabo" for bathroom was broken, window could only be kept open by improvising and putting a metal bar under it (it's one to be lifted, and very heavy). All rooms appear to have an Illy coffee machine + kettle.

Pool is fine, pool area not too inviting however for sticking around, the fitness area appears to have been only patched up and not fully renovated for art'otel.

Breakfast is fine, but not the full spread of a usual hotel breakfast. A full English or Porridge can be ordered as a hot item, rest is from the buffet. Quality is good though.

Cocktail bar is well visited even during week and staff attentive, drinks also good

Would I return: Not on a cash rate for sure, and even have doubts around how sensible a reward stay is at this property. For similar value I can find better properties.

Club Carlson (Gold) stuff:
Upgrade: Nada.
Welcome present: A plastic toy and written note + water.
F&B discount: only when at least one item on bill is food
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
recent experiences?

Any recent experiences at this property? I just booked 2 rooms for 2 nights each (we are family of 4) for 70K pts per night (280K pts total). This is for July 2018. Cash rate is currently around $380/night. Maybe not the best redemption value, but we have a fair amount of CC points that we never seem to use, and this property's location seems perfect as we are flying into AMS and leaving via train from Centraal.

Is breakfast still included, even on award stays? As Gold, can I expect any kind of room upgrade?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Currently on fire:
https://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/1490...tion-amsterdam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.