Search

$10k per year spending for 1 free night

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
$10k per year spending for 1 free night

Quick question:
Does anyone know the 10k spending is within 1 year from Jan 1 - Dec 31 ?
Or it starts from the approval date thru which date?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:16 am

You have until your account anniversary. It is tied to your annual fee.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott, Radisson, AA, UA
Originally Posted by kenban
You have until your account anniversary. It is tied to your annual fee.
Thanks for your response,

So the anniversary is the date they charged the annual fee, or the end of statement before the annual fee was charged?
Sorry just want to be clear.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:54 am

End of the statement before the annual fee. You should have 12 statements to spend the required amount. But when I say it is tied to the annual fee, it is required that you keep the card and pay the annual fee before you can earn any free night and you will not receive the free night(s) for several weeks after you pay the annual fee.

Here is the wording from the usbank website

When you spend $10,000 in eligible Net Purchases, and renew your card by paying the annual fee, you can earn one Radisson RewardsTM Visa® Reward Card Free Night E-Certificate (“E-Cert”). For every additional $10,000 in eligible net spend, you will receive an additional Free Night E-Cert, up to two additional E-Certs given during the 12-month statement cycle period immediately prior to the annual anniversary of the Account opening date. Limit of three free E-Certs per 12-month statement cycle. Net purchases are purchases minus credits and returns. You must maintain a current, valid email address in your Radisson Rewards Account Profile in order to receive your E-Cert(s). Your E-Cert(s) will be available in your Radisson Rewards account approximately 6-8 weeks after payment of the annual renewal fee
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:02 pm

My card was charged annual fee on Oct 4th but still don't see any eCert deposited yet. Anyone know how long will it take?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by spgbus
My card was charged annual fee on Oct 4th but still don't see any eCert deposited yet. Anyone know how long will it take?
Read kenban's post, just before yours.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
My AF is always charged on the ~Dec. 3--4 statement. In years when I qualified, the free night for $10K & the 40K renewal bonus always arrived with the ~Feb 3--4 statement! So Spgbus should have gotten his already! Which is close to the rule in Kenban's post, since Spgbus probably paid the AF sometime in October!
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Has anyone redeemed one of these free night certificates from the $10,000 spend? I typically never stay in Radisson's except in Europe. I see that these are only good for USA properties. They have added in some OK looking properties in NYC. I didn't know that these don't come until your annual fee posts and mine posts August of each year. Unfortunately I had some heavy spend in October 2019 so it sounds like I won't get the certificates until after my AF posts in August 2020.

Can you use these at the NYC properties? What's posters experiences easily redeeming these e-certificates from the $10k spend?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
saint There's several threads that mention the use of the e-certs in the forum and there are also some mentioning issues booking e-certs. I also remember some comments by posters that they were able to book an award reservation using points and then call in to get it converted to an e-cert reservation so in the end YMMV. As for the NYC properies, there are comments in each of the properties threads that indicate that people have been successful redeeming e-certs for stays at them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.