Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Cannot book on Radissonhotels.com after "upgraded" site.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Ever since the website was "updated for better experience", the only thing that works on it is My Account. I cannot book or even look for a rate anymore. I tried Safari and Google Chrome. Any idea why it is not working?
I cannot even put destination and dates etc in search fields without first pressing on Search. Then it gives me bunch of errors like not valid destination, then freezes.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Yeah, I noticed that too. I don't know why pressing "search" brings up a box with the search parameters instead of having it right there on the page. The website looks pretty, but its functionality doesn't seem to have changed. If anything, as you've experienced, it's gotten worse. Now THAT'S mind-boggling. Why can't any of these big hotel chains have decent websites?

It seems as though they have A LOT of kinks to work out.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Radisson must had hired Hilton`s IT incompetent "geniuses", who made the site a disaster. It worked just fine before, now I have to book elsewhere, and Radisson has to pay to third party sites (although I prefer to pay Radisson directly and don`t wish them to lose on commissions) - I don`t have a choice.

Last edited by ACR2013; Aug 16, 2019 at 10:02 pm Reason: g
Old Aug 17, 2019, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Using Firefox, I can book and I can cancel but I can't modify. So I had to cancel and rebook a couple stays just to modify them.

Meanwhile, they're giving bonus points for booking using their app. Maybe the app isn't as bad as the new website?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by ACR2013
Radisson must had hired Hilton`s IT incompetent "geniuses", who made the site a disaster. It worked just fine before, now I have to book elsewhere, and Radisson has to pay to third party sites (although I prefer to pay Radisson directly and don`t wish them to lose on commissions) - I don`t have a choice.
I had gotten so used to Hilton's old site that I didn't even realize how much better it was than others (Marriott, BW, IHG, Radisson...), with SPG being an exception. I don't why they changed it. Radisson's old site was far from fine, IMHO, but I do admit that it at least functioned. It boggles the mind why you can't search for multiple rate types in one go.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Using Firefox, I can book and I can cancel but I can't modify. So I had to cancel and rebook a couple stays just to modify them.

Meanwhile, they're giving bonus points for booking using their app. Maybe the app isn't as bad as the new website?
Trust me, the app is pretty bad. I couldn't figure out why the "Extras" section went blank. Apparently, they discontinued Extras in June. 2 months later, the app still has that section.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tennen
Trust me, the app is pretty bad.
I didn't ask if the app was bad. I asked if the app was possible a bit less bad than the definitely bad website. Being better than the current Radisson website seems to be a very low bar to cross.
Tennen likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz Gold
I am seeing very different pricing on the app vs the web. As much as $20 difference for identical / simultaneous searches. Better pricing on the web consistently.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
I can't book any room.
It never confirms, just sits there trying...

What gives?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by narvik
I can't book any room.

What gives?

Booked a PARK INN Hotel room through booking.com.
Radissonhotels.com is not working for me at all!
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:19 am

I can't book any room.

What gives?
Booked a PARK INN Hotel room through booking.com.
Radissonhotels.com is not working for me at all!

Apparently there was an issue with my account (no telephone number or address registered). A call resolved that....eventually...., and I can now book online.
^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.