Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club Carlson Credit Card (now available)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Enigma368
If there are two people staying, can you book 2 nights under one name and then a consecutive 2 nights under the other, or do they just go by the account booking?

Also does this free night work for premium rooms?
The way I understand it is that as long as you book 2 seperate reservations and both of the people have the CC credit card you should be okay. It would naturally mean that you would have to book 2 nights under your account and and then the other person would have to book 2 nights under their account. (BOTH would have to be CC credit card holders and have enough points in their respective CC accounts for the two nights at the time of booking) Hotel would then have to decide if you have to check out of one room after the 2 nights and move to another room under the different persons reservation or not.

I've also wondered if the offer works for premium rooms. Anyone try this yet?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Its a pity CC holders cant book rooms using their account for others under this free night offer.

Sounds like this is not possible though
Old Dec 13, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Its a pity CC holders cant book rooms using their account for others under this free night offer.

Sounds like this is not possible though
Can't have everything can we! Honestly this would not make sense for CC and would be a loosing proposition.....remember the objective is to have people sign up for and also keep the credit card...not just to give away rooms.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Originally Posted by Molinelaw
How long does it take for the card to arrive? I applied the first day it was available and supposedly got an immediate acceptance but I haven't seen the card yet. That could be because it got tossed accidentally by someone who thought it was junk mail, something went wrong with my application, or it just haven't come.
Same here. It's been over a week and no card yet. But I was able to make an award reservation online and got a night's points deducted. ^ CC is now my new favorite hotel website - it is so clear and easy to understand.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
My experience has been the same as TheYGuy. I have been able to book award rooms with the extra free night since I was approved last week, even a 2-nighter with only 1 night's worth of points in my account, but still no Visa Card!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 6:10 pm

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Originally Posted by stealph
Nice! I think I will bite this week on my next churn. Got Flexperks Olympic promo last quarter and am generally happy. Go CC :-)
So I went ahead and applied a week and a half or so and got the 7 to 10 decision ..it took almost 2 weeks...I kept calling that status # every day or so and today, and while on vacation (thanks Chase Ink I just got the update that my app was approved. I choice the non-premiere card.

This is my second US bank card and, was approved a little over 3 months ago for the FlexPerks Black Olympic card. I churn 4 to 6 cards a quarter and have been doing this for the last 3 years or so.

This will go nicely with our 400K CC points. I wish you guys the best! Looks like we really don't fully understand their model..last time they pulled Experian which shows the bulk of my Chase/AMEX/Citi inquiries. They have approved this churner...again

I used the suggestion that someone had previously had...apply for this card first as part of your churn..then once you have a decision, continue with your churn of applying for the other cards..the assumption being that most of the other lenders will still approve you if they just see you applied recently for 1 other CC. Good luck!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Brendan
My experience has been the same as TheYGuy. I have been able to book award rooms with the extra free night since I was approved last week, even a 2-nighter with only 1 night's worth of points in my account, but still no Visa Card!
So you can book a 2 night stay with only 1 nights worth of points. I read on one of the blogs that this was NOT possible. Very good to know. I'm leaning toward applying now. Just worried about the 4 hard pulls I've had in the last 5 months.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 9:13 pm

New Club Carlson Credit Card (now available)

I finally got my card today. I don't know what the delay was. I activated it early in the evening and a few hours later it hadn't showed up on my CC account yet. I'll check again tomorrow.

The package that came with it had an explanation of the benefits. It clearly states two night points stays have the last night free.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 7:43 am

Platinum Credit card approval yesterday. I called CSR at U.S. Bank to confirm my Club Carlson membership number and she told me it was linked to my Club Carlson account. However, when I booked for 2 nights , I was charged for 100k points (50k points for each night) instead of the one night.

Is this correct? I thought if you book 2 award nights with points, the last night is free.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by metoo
Platinum Credit card approval yesterday. I called CSR at U.S. Bank to confirm my Club Carlson membership number and she told me it was linked to my Club Carlson account. However, when I booked for 2 nights , I was charged for 100k points (50k points for each night) instead of the one night.

Is this correct? I thought if you book 2 award nights with points, the last night is free.
they may have approved it yesterday but didnt send the list over to CC yet, I could be wrong but I dont think as each person is approved that they notify CC they probably send the list over at set times, so you were approved but the list wasnt sent over as of yet to update teh accts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:15 am

I have a two night reservation at the Radisson Blu Nice on their special 25k per night promotion. Was hoping the credit card would allow the 2nd night free on the promo rate. It doesn't appear to stack with the "Promotional Code = 50REDEEM", though.

If anyone finds a way to make this work, please let me know!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rtb
I was approved for the card almost a week ago. I have 10,000 points and tried to book a 9,000 point room for two nights but it says I don't have enough points. Do I have to receive and register the card first in order for this to work?
Logout and try again. This happened to me too but logging out fixed the issue.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:17 pm

Anyone find a way around denial for too many apps in the last year yet? Applied for a business card and was denied... does anyone think that they might be less strict about personal apps?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:54 pm

Approved!

I applied for business visa, wife for personal premium on Dec. 2nd. Got the 7-10 notice. Had fraud alert on transunion, so they had to call us to verify. Both accepted. I have had NINE hard inquiries in the last 12 months.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I just got an envelope by ordinary USPS mail today containing all the T&Cs & disclosures, but no card! Perhaps in a separate envelope tomorrow or Monday!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.