Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Club Carlson Credit Card (now available)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
It took about a week for the card to arrive. I applied last Monday(?) and was approved immediately.

I was out of town Thurs-Mon. When I checked my mail last night, the card was there. So, it could have arrived any of those days, but certainly a week at the most.

Just booked two award nights in Paris - a grand use of 50K points. I think the card has already earned its worth!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by Campath
My card hasn't arrived yet but I have the bonus night option in my account.

I tried making 2 consecutive 2 night stays on points and the system would not refund me back the bonus points for the second stay. It worked fine for the first stay though. I guess there's no gaming the system by breaking up your reservation or checking in/out.
4 nights at same hotel would be no-go.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by travelkid
4 nights at same hotel would be no-go.
Unless you Hotel hop for night #3 so 1&2 at RAD #3 ? 4&5 at RAD, but no way to do 4 consecutive nights and get 2 free. Some citys have more then 1 property so then its 1&2 at Hotel A and 3&4 at Hotel B
Old Dec 11, 2012, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by craz
#3 ?
Profit.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:37 pm

Application was denied. Sucks!!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I got the card but I don't see the 2for1 night ("Last Night Free") thing on my bookings. Where is it shown for you guys?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:16 am

The 'last night free' is applied automatically at the final step. You don't have to do anything.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Yay! Instant approval for me for the Visa Signature. I have had a couple of inquiries from opening a bank account, but nothing else since Sept of last year.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:07 pm
rtb

I was approved for the card almost a week ago. I have 10,000 points and tried to book a 9,000 point room for two nights but it says I don't have enough points. Do I have to receive and register the card first in order for this to work?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tsmith12
Application was denied. Sucks!!
Application for which version (there are 3!) was denied?

And what was the reason for denial?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:24 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by rtb
I was approved for the card almost a week ago. I have 10,000 points and tried to book a 9,000 point room for two nights but it says I don't have enough points. Do I have to receive and register the card first in order for this to work?
I believe you need enough points in your account to cover the entire booking to make the reservation; they just won't deduct the points for the final night.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: AS,AA,CO
Are you sure you were approved?

The day after I got the approved on the phone, I was able to book a two nighter for the points of a one night stay. I haven't even seen the card in the mail, yet.^

You only need enough points for the one night (or two, three, etc.) it will show a red box with an explanation about the free night, and then you're good.

I have the no annual fee version. Have 730+ credit score, don't know who they pulled. I have 4 inqs in the last six months. Didn't get instant approval, had to wait a couple days.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:11 am
rtb

Originally Posted by TheYGuy
Are you sure you were approved?

The day after I got the approved on the phone, I was able to book a two nighter for the points of a one night stay. I haven't even seen the card in the mail, yet.^

You only need enough points for the one night (or two, three, etc.) it will show a red box with an explanation about the free night, and then you're good.

I have the no annual fee version. Have 730+ credit score, don't know who they pulled. I have 4 inqs in the last six months. Didn't get instant approval, had to wait a couple days.
Yes, I applied online and got the instant approval message. $5k limit and all.

I will try to book again to see if it works.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Application for which version (there are 3!) was denied?

And what was the reason for denial?

Applied for no-fee basic card. Called the 800 number to check status which said they were unable to approve the app..will wait for the letter to see the reason given. Have a feeling it might have to do with me applying for 4-5 cards this year? Have 800+FICO fwiw.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Unless you Hotel hop for night #3 so 1&2 at RAD #3 ? 4&5 at RAD, but no way to do 4 consecutive nights and get 2 free. Some citys have more then 1 property so then its 1&2 at Hotel A and 3&4 at Hotel B
If there are two people staying, can you book 2 nights under one name and then a consecutive 2 nights under the other, or do they just go by the account booking?

Also does this free night work for premium rooms?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.