Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

AVIS: 9.000 CC Goldpoints for 3-Day-Rental until 31 Oct 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AVIS: 9.000 CC Goldpoints for 3-Day-Rental until 31 Oct 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Firewind
sdsearch, I can confirm that I've earned the 6,000 into a non-elite account, recently.

And, FWIW, to anyone watching this thread, I suggest that these two promos are good ways to build a bank of points to then use for points + cash stays to then earn the "50,000" (net 45,000) points in the big promo, where the point requirement is 5,000. Just a @:-) for those who haven't @:-) of it.
any other non-elites get this

I have a 2 day rental next week that I'd like to try this on however I'm not CC elite by any means
Old Jul 7, 2012, 10:46 pm

Any 2 day rental offer valid in Europe for elite?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iamife
Any 2 day rental offer valid in Europe for elite?
Club Carlson has no other offers than these (which are valid in Europe, just not in Jul & Aug), and it's Avis/Budget (not Club Carlson) that blacks out Europe for Jul & Aug. As mentioned before, I've never been able to use any offer from any Avis partner in Europe in Jul or Aug of any previous year.

So if you want a car rental with an offer, you have to settle for some other car rental company and some other airline or hotel partner that has some offer that works in Europe in Jul/Aug. You might start here:

http://www.frequentflyerbonuses.com/carbonus.html

but you'll have to read each offer to see whether it exclused the time you want to rent in Europe or not.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Any recent experiences how fast these points post after the rental?
Old Sep 26, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
For me, it took over eight weeks after my earliest rentals in the promotion. But I still have the hypothesis that we jammed the system during its earliest days. Reports here regarding the most recent rentals are that they went through within days, or at the interval of a normal sweep.

EDIT: I am sorry. I had one of those mind things... I was talking about the 3000/5000 Avis => AA promotion here. I still have not received the CC points for this one in over seven weeks. Apologies for misleading.

Last edited by Firewind; Sep 27, 2012 at 7:45 am
Old Sep 28, 2012, 3:37 pm

When you use the original link above, this promo seems to have been extended to 10/31/12.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Exclamation

Originally Posted by honu
When you use the original link above, this promo seems to have been extended to 10/31/12.
Now through October 31, 2012, you can earn 9,000 total Gold Points on qualifying rentals of 3 days or more.
Offer valid at participating locations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...vis.com_cc9000
Old Sep 28, 2012, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by honu
Originally Posted by schauschun
Now through October 31, 2012, you can earn 9,000 total Gold Points on qualifying rentals of 3 days or more.
Offer valid at participating locations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...vis.com_cc9000
Excellent. We're in need of an upcoming Thailand rental and the Asia blackout, which ended on Sept 3, was eliminating the best option for us.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 6:31 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Excellent. Doubts expressed above and elsewhere notwithstanding (no points under this promo yet), IMO it's worth jumping for again. Thanks, guys.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I filed a missing miles claim, I got back the following

I have reviewed your account and am pleased to advise that your Carlson
points have been processed. Your points will appear on an activity
statement in 60-90 days
. This statement will be provided by your
frequent traveler program.

Rental agreement # XXX shows 750 base points and 5250 bonus points
were processed.

Rental agreement # YYY shows 750 base points and 8250 bonus points
were processed.

So waiting it is for a while.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Points posted

Lo and behold - this morning 15k for 2 rentals posted to my CC account! ^
Old Oct 13, 2012, 8:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
same here - points for spring and summer rentals finally came through... incredible.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 6:06 pm

Using the "wrong" AWD does matter sometimes. I've been using AWD A515100 right along, for this and that promo. Looong wait for the generous Avis|AA promo's AA miles to post, but post they did, recently.

Well, well, well... Nothing in ~12 weeks for one rental, nothing in more than two weeks in a second, in my Carlson account. What appears to be a couple of sweeps having gone by, as people are reporting here, I threw in the towel and called. Carlson wouldn't accept because I used the wrong AWD, even though the coupon code was correct and my "GP" number was on the reservation. Saddest, I could have used the earlier one for AA miles instead.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: PC Plat, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Firewind
Using the "wrong" AWD does matter sometimes. I've been using AWD A515100 right along, for this and that promo. Looong wait for the generous Avis|AA promo's AA miles to post, but post they did, recently.

Well, well, well... Nothing in ~12 weeks for one rental, nothing in more than two weeks in a second, in my Carlson account. What appears to be a couple of sweeps having gone by, as people are reporting here, I threw in the towel and called. Carlson wouldn't accept because I used the wrong AWD, even though the coupon code was correct and my "GP" number was on the reservation. Saddest, I could have used the earlier one for AA miles instead.
Are you saying that using AWD A515100 will result in the Club Carlson bonus points not posting? As far as I know that and AWD A515129 are the only valid HP rate codes.

Was this in the terms somewhere that I missed? All I see is
"Offer may not be used with any other coupon, promotion or offer except your AWD discount." which would imply that any AWD discount code would work (as opposed to "except this AWD discount.").
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by CreditMadeEZ
Are you saying that using AWD A515100 will result in the Club Carlson bonus points not posting? As far as I know that and AWD A515129 are the only valid HP rate codes.

Was this in the terms somewhere that I missed? All I see is
"Offer may not be used with any other coupon, promotion or offer except your AWD discount." which would imply that any AWD discount code would work (as opposed to "except this AWD discount.").
Despite my using and touting A515100 here, it is what I'm saying. It worked for the Avis=>AA promo, though it wasn't the one listed for it. It did not work for this one, I am very sorry to say. Moreover, had I jumped (called) sooner on what I thought was just a delay on the transfer for this one, I wouldn't have touted it here for so long, and perhaps led less people on. If I've led anyone on, I am sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.