Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

AVIS: 9.000 CC Goldpoints for 3-Day-Rental until 31 Oct 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AVIS: 9.000 CC Goldpoints for 3-Day-Rental until 31 Oct 2012

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Franklybrit
Coupon is blacked out for dates EASTER EUROPE-2012: 2012-03-31/2012-04-15
That appears to be Europe specific? I booked at 3-day Avis rental in Texas (USA) over Easter weekend itself (April 6 pickup, April 9 return) and Avis said the coupon was accepted.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Have the 9,000 hit for anyone recently? Not here. But it's only been three weeks (and two, and one). The rates were great, so this would just be icing on the cake. But the icing sure would taste good.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 5:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
not sure about the 9000, but for a 2 day rental the 6000 posted today - within a week in for a UK rental.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Jealous am I. Meaning: "Naught" here.

And for what it's worth, a friend filed a complaint against Avis with the BBB in New Jersey, and it was forwarded by that BBB to the one in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I had my 2-day Avis rental post a couple days after the rental (750 + 5,250). Had a Budget rental the same week (3-day) and so far only the base 750 has posted. This was 3 weeks ago.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
not sure about the 9000, but for a 2 day rental the 6000 posted today - within a week in for a UK rental.
Originally Posted by roknroll
I had my 2-day Avis rental post a couple days after the rental (750 + 5,250). Had a Budget rental the same week (3-day) and so far only the base 750 has posted. This was 3 weeks ago.
Where is the info on the 2-day version of the promo? As you can see upthread, we had assumed there wasn't a 2-day verison any more! Your two posts are the first I've heard of a current 2-day version!

There's avis.com/cc9000 for the 9000 version, but I can't find an equivalent for the 6000 version!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Where is the info on the 2-day version of the promo? As you can see upthread, we had assumed there wasn't a 2-day verison any more! Your two posts are the first I've heard of a current 2-day version!

There's avis.com/cc9000 for the 9000 version, but I can't find an equivalent for the 6000 version!
All the details are one the clubcarlson website http://www.clubcarlson.com/offers/4033154 - including a 2 day 6000 version.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
The info is the last place you would look: right on the main page of the Club Carlson -> Earn section! They make it very easy! Although it only says 9k for 3 day rental, when you click on either Budget or Avis links, the page explains and gives codes/links for the 2 day rental.

Avis offers 6k and Budget offers 5.5k for a 2 day rental.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:15 am

Bingo on the 3-day 9,000 point ones I've done so far. ^

It took three+ and four+ weeks, but they're all there. Monthly sweep?

And the friend I mentioned @19 above got hers, as well. But from the notation on her account, it all does look like special handling -- e.g., in response to her BBB complaint.

Last edited by Firewind; Apr 10, 2012 at 10:25 am
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:13 am

Do we have any rental car promos from them going forward into May? This was a good one, I hate to see it end.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Lyssa
Do we have any rental car promos from them going forward into May? This was a good one, I hate to see it end.
The old Budget 5,000 for 2+ days offer says it's good through December: https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/htm...promotion.html
Old Apr 26, 2012, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
The old Budget 5,000 for 2+ days offer says it's good through December: https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/htm...promotion.html
Great, thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:04 am

Now in the middle of my fourth and fifth experiments with different AWD numbers in conjunction with the Avis 2- and 3-day coupons. With the exception of the common "delays" in posting (which may be more about me) so far so good. All have come through. A three day rental = a free night at a couple of places where I want to stay? Doesn't get a whole lot better than this, IMO. Bravo, Carlson, once again. As I've said - OK, proclaimed - on a couple of other boards: Carlson wants me.* What a sleeper program. ^

One piece of advice I'd like to reiterate, not just in this instance, if you're an Avis Preferred or First, be sure that your profile info aligns with this promo (or whatever promo you desire) or things might get complicated. I had done so for this round, but just had an especially helpful Avis counter CSR ask me if I had.

* Not for my credit card. But I digress.

Last edited by Firewind; Apr 27, 2012 at 10:16 am
Old Apr 30, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: PC Plat, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Firewind
One piece of advice I'd like to reiterate, not just in this instance, if you're an Avis Preferred or First, be sure that your profile info aligns with this promo (or whatever promo you desire) or things might get complicated. I had done so for this round, but just had an especially helpful Avis counter CSR ask me if I had.
I'll bite. What is the alignment problem? My girlfriend is an Avis First and is on her last rental for this promo. Since we haven't seen any points post yet, I'm wondering if we need to fix something. Or call someone.

Thanks!
Old May 1, 2012, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by CreditMadeEZ
I'll bite. What is the alignment problem? My girlfriend is an Avis First and is on her last rental for this promo. Since we haven't seen any points post yet, I'm wondering if we need to fix something. Or call someone.

Thanks!
IME, if my profile doesn't have the promo's numbers in it, my First/Preferred account will override the promo and populate my reservation with my previous AWD etc. information. So, if I don't confirm what I want in the reservation at pickup, I'll later wonder why my current promo bennies haven't come through. Then I'll look over in another airline or hotel account, and find 50 miles from the more recent rental, for example, because the promo numbers I'd put in before still rule because I'd never changed them after the prior rental, and that promo had ended. I've even had problems when I tried to confirm at return, and the agent said he didn't know how to fix it at that point. It can be a big hit when one has done all the right things, one thought, to get, say, 9,000 hotel points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.