Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

AVIS: 9.000 CC Goldpoints for 3-Day-Rental until 31 Oct 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AVIS: 9.000 CC Goldpoints for 3-Day-Rental until 31 Oct 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2012, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I've used this promo on several occasions already but now see that it's blacked out in Asia from Jul 1 - Aug 31. Damn.
Originally Posted by mile ho
Wondering if the blackout dates only apply to the 25% discount since the discount comes from the individual station. Anyone know if that means that you won't get loyalty points which come from corporate? Experience?
I think the way to figure out whether it applies to only the AWD or the coupon (that gives the bonus miles) is to try a booking during the blackout period and enter the coupon, and see whether it says "coupon accepted" or something else. (It always says "coupon accepted" for me when the coupon is valid, and I've gotten something else, I forget how worded exactly, when I've in the past tried coupons which were not valid for the country I was renting in for the dates I was renting.)

It says this on an early page in booking process, so you don't have to complete the booking to see what it thinks of the coupon.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

is the 2-day 6000-point version really limited to Elite Members???

Very confusing. I just opened the 2-day 6000-point page again:

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...m_gppelite2011

and realized it says at the top:

Elite Members: Save up to 25% plus earn 6000 Gold Points on 2+ day rentals gloabally

But nothing in the T&Cs says you have to be a specific elite level to use this promo.

Is it really limited to Club Carlson elite members since the extension?

I have no status with Club Carlson (only whatever status they call no status which I doubt is "elite"), but I have received this 2-day bonus (but it was in an earlier cycle, in which I think the landing page was different and I think it was fewer points, like 5000 or 5500).

The 3-day 9000-point page:

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...vis.com_cc9000

doesn't say anything about Elite Members, and this is the only one I've used so far since the extension.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:55 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I think the way to figure out whether it applies to only the AWD or the coupon (that gives the bonus miles) is to try a booking during the blackout period and enter the coupon, and see whether it says "coupon accepted" or something else. (It always says "coupon accepted" for me when the coupon is valid, and I've gotten something else, I forget how worded exactly, when I've in the past tried coupons which were not valid for the country I was renting in for the dates I was renting.)

It says this on an early page in booking process, so you don't have to complete the booking to see what it thinks of the coupon.
Thanks for the idea. Using your suggestion, it appears the coupon code for the bonus points will not be accepted. The AWD does reduce my particular rental by about 10%. I've got a really good rate with this promo in Bordeaux and my rental has that Coupon Code is attached. So I think I'll still give it a try.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
sdsearch, I can confirm that I've earned the 6,000 into a non-elite account, recently.

And, FWIW, to anyone watching this thread, I suggest that these two promos are good ways to build a bank of points to then use for points + cash stays to then earn the "50,000" (net 45,000) points in the big promo, where the point requirement is 5,000. Just a @:-) for those who haven't @:-) of it.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
[B]And, FWIW, to anyone watching this thread, I suggest that these two promos are good ways to build a bank of points to then use for points + cash stays to then earn the "50,000" (net 45,000) points in the big promo, where the point requirement is 5,000. Just a @:-) for those who haven't @:-) of it.
Except I suggest aiming for at least 10,000, since where I'm staying before the promo ends there were few Radisson choices, and the only half decent rate was 10,000 points for the points part of the points + cash. So I "only" got net 40,000, but I'm not crying over that. I also got 44,000 net for an all-money CI&S, and I'm planning to also get 44,000 net for an all-money (but booked during the 30% off sale a couple weeks ago) Park Inn. (Plus I got 50,000 net for an all-money Radisson back in December during the first Big Night Giveaway, being able to use a 25% or 30% back then too.) That, plus a handful of the Avis rentals, plus the normal earnings plus the online booking bonuses on these 4 stays, will take me well over 200k by the end of July (my Park Inn stay is in the middle of July), since I already have about 175k points, without my last Avis 9000 having posted yet, plus another Avis 9000 rental coming up weekend after this one.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
tried to book an avis-rental (9000 points promo) for 3 days in july 2012, germany. received the following message:

Coupon is blacked out for dates SUMMER SEASON EUROPE-2012: 2012-07-01/2012-08-31.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by sdsearch

This is an immediate tipoff on the promotion page:

Blackout dates for Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East: 12/16/11 - 1/4/12, 3/31/12 - 4/15/12, 7/1/12 - 8/31/12.
Further all bookings (for EVERY program I've tried, not just Club Carlson) show : Coupon is blacked out for dates SUMMER SEASON ASIA-2012: 2012-07-01/2012-08-31.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Further all bookings (for EVERY program I've tried, not just Club Carlson) show : Coupon is blacked out for dates SUMMER SEASON ASIA-2012: 2012-07-01/2012-08-31.
I also remember a similar issue iwith some (forget which) airline coupon last time I rented with Avis in Europe in July/August (in 2010).

So, yes, it does appear it's common for those regions with Avis. I'm not sure whether other rental companies (not in the AvisBudget group) have similar summer overseas coupon blackouts or not. Every time I've rented from Hertz overseas I've had trouble getting miles posted period, let alone worrying about coupons. But those were all "esoteric" locations -- a small town in Japan where it was actually their partner Toyota Rent a Car, Bergen Norway (BGO airport), and Salta Argentina (SLA airport).
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hertz Gold, Ihg platinum, club carlson gold
I'm not seeing where to add my club Carlson membership number, do I just give it to the agent at counter?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Exclamation

Originally Posted by tsvols
I'm not seeing where to add my club Carlson membership number, do I just give it to the agent at counter?
better you put the membership directly at step 4 from the avis online booking tool:

STEP 1 2 3 4 : INFORMATION & REVIEW

TRAVEL INFORMATION

Enter the Miles/Points Program partner name below or click here to select from a complete list.
Miles / Points Program: Carlson Hotels Goldpoints Plus
Old Jul 3, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by schauschun
better you put the membership directly at step 4 from the avis online booking tool:

TRAVEL INFORMATION

Enter the Miles/Points Program partner name below or click here to select from a complete list.

When I made my booking for a June reservation, there was nowhere to enter the number. You may have to wait to provide the number when you're picking up your car.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schauschun

TRAVEL INFORMATION

Originally Posted by jerry305
When I made my booking for a June reservation, there was nowhere to enter the number. You may have to wait to provide the number when you're picking up your car.
Just to clarify: This is at:

www.avis.com

not at some other Avis site. Avis has lots of sites, and I don't know whether you can enter a Carlson number at all of them. But i've been entering it at www.avis.com since late last year, and it's always been there. (I should qualify: I make all my Avis reservations logged in with my Wizard number. I have no idea if the reservation process is different for those not logged in.)

However, the name of the program has always been "scramled" (ie, not updated to "Club Carlson" cleanly), and thus could be hard to find.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just today I finally got my 9000 points from each of my two June Avis rentals (one at the start of June and one late in June both posted at the same time to Club Carlson). Neither of them were there yesterday, now today my point balance jumped by 18000.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:10 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hertz Gold, Ihg platinum, club carlson gold
That may be the trick, I was trying to book avis for my dad and he doesn't have an Avis account. Would only allow placing flight info. I called in and booked over the phone. Things seem correct now.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:16 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Jeez, folks. Does everyone here have ADD? The T&Cs say it might take a few weeks for points to post. I had a rental from four weeks ago that had not yet posted. If I had followed this thread religiously, I might have had a cow by now.

Fortunately, I've done a number of rentals from Avis during this promotion. Sometimes the points post in a couple of weeks; sometimes, it takes more than a month. After seeing this thread today, I thought I'd check the rental from four weeks ago. Amazing! The points just posted.

Of course, I had a rental through Avis this past weekend. I guess I should be frantic that the points from THAT rental haven't posted yet.

Or, I could just understand this is the way the system (or systems since I'm dealing with two: both Avis and Club Carlson) works, and expect that, probably by August 15, I'll see another 9K in my CC account.

Honest to goodness, this is a game for the long run. If you don't have the patience to wait for points to post, find something with instant gratification--like getting a free sandwich at Subway using your punchcard after buying ten subs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.