Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

LHR-EZE Cheap Swiss Fares (€516 C CLass)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-EZE Cheap Swiss Fares (€516 C CLass)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2002, 8:45 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
well got a confirmation fax the other day. maybe i should phone up to get my e ticket number. i booked a week ago now.
Old Oct 10, 2002, 11:04 am

Rang them up to ask about changing LCY to LHR and was pretty much told to f*** off unless I wanted to upgrade to GBP2600 fare. Asked about changing the return date and was told the same. I understand it but they could be a little bit kinder about it and drop the sarcasm.
Old Oct 10, 2002, 11:26 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Hi,
can anyone explain what the e-ticket number really is for and if i needed it for boarding or anything else.
Old Oct 10, 2002, 12:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
at check-in the e-ticket number will help to identify your 'record' - and then to print-out your boarding pass - and yes, you need a paper-boarding pass to board ...
Old Oct 10, 2002, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
By the way, the targeted C-class promotion only applies to European flights, I believe. At least, my one is.
Old Oct 10, 2002, 1:38 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Concerto:
By the way, the targeted C-class promotion only applies to European flights, I believe. At least, my one is.</font>
The promotion is indeed targeted for European C-class flights, but if you do LON-ZHR and return you will get 2 segments counting for the promotion..

kooks.
Old Oct 12, 2002, 4:10 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
I also have LX7997 as a fifth segment on my booking. Should I be concerned? I phoned to get Eticket issued and was told no problems - they will make an entry so it will processed on Monday. Does this all jive?
Old Oct 12, 2002, 7:06 am

I have the mystery fifth segement too - I was planning just to ignore it as it is meaningless and occurs after my real segements. Any risk here?

Stephen
Old Oct 12, 2002, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I noticed my virtual fifth segment after requesting seat numbers at the SWISS ticket desk at GVA last week. (Even though I had entered 'aisle' for my wife's preference and have a copy, the confirmation did not include this.)

His printout and subsequently the website show the fifth segment.

Still no e-ticket number and my AmEx online statement doesn't show the transaction yet. Seven working days from 2.10.02 means yesterday (!) or perhaps Monday. We'll see.
Old Oct 12, 2002, 9:26 am

Just a short note on that "5th segment":

I got the same "problem" a couple of weeks ago with a LX-booking completely unrelated to this EZE-fare.

(see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum40/HTML/000826.html )

Guy Betsy then answeres:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Guy Betsy:
[B]Looks like the SWISS booking engine is just booking a 'retaining' faux booking segment to keep the PNR active till 1 Dec 2002.

You see, once flights have passed, PNR's get purged or 'deletd' from airline CRS's. The booking engine that is doing the reservation is not with SWISS themselves but through a third party. they would need this 'active' segment just in csae of 'internal' auditing. Nothing to do with you really.[B]</font>
So: Don't panik! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif
Old Oct 12, 2002, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, Akki. That's reassuring!
Old Oct 15, 2002, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Slight alarm yesterday. I checked my reservation at swiss.com and found that it had been cancelled. Clicked 'back' and re-tried to find it was still confirmed.

Just tried again to find that 'the reservation could not be found in the system anymore as it has expired'! Clicked on 'back' and retired, lo it is still confirmed.

Anyway, I rang SWISS and the (very nice) lady checked with Ticketing who said, yes, they would ticket, but because we are not travelling until some time ahead and they are very busy, they couldn't do it now. They would try to do it by the weekend. That would make it 12 working days (if it happens then) - 12 working days and 2 weekends for an e-ticket.

La di da.
Old Oct 16, 2002, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

E-tickets received today. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Thought I'd double check on swiss.com, but it's down.
Old Oct 23, 2002, 1:03 pm

Hi! I am another one of those members who has been reading for a while but only joined after seeing and booking this. Got my e-tickets a few days ago and just went to the Swiss counter in Geneva Airport to try and see if I could change dates. Was given a nice 10 minute lecture about how it was a very very special price, how people should never have gotten these tickets and how they definitely can't be changed/refunded for any reason. I appreciate that these tickets are extremely cheap but as far as I am concerned, they were booked as flexible C Class and no restrictions are included in my e-ticket. Any idea on what I should do?
Old Oct 23, 2002, 2:19 pm

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
I have 3 RT tickets on this fares. One week ago I called LX to change dates of one trip. No problems, I ask just one day to confirm, but at least I don't need it. This meens for me no difficults to change, but check your reservation on swiss website and see the conditions (clik on the price)

------------------
JC25

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.