Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

LHR-EZE Cheap Swiss Fares (€516 C CLass)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-EZE Cheap Swiss Fares (€516 C CLass)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2002, 11:26 am

Programs: QR platinum
i don't think they can (or will) cancel my ticket because i know that under belgian law, they have to honor their offer regardless their mistake or not , internet or otherwise,....and since Swiss is also actif on the Belgian Market any offer made via their website is binding.
Old Oct 3, 2002, 12:32 pm

I managed to get one of the LHR-EZE tickets (well an e ticket) for £320. I phoned Swiss reservations today and got allocated seats. The agent told me that all I needed to check in was my reservation number.

Stephen
Old Oct 3, 2002, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

Well they didn't even contact me and look at this:

***quote***

The reservation could not be found in the system anymore as it has
expired. Should you need more details on this reservation, kindly
contact one of our reservation centers or send us an email via direct
contact.

***(unquote)***

Jeremiah
Old Oct 3, 2002, 1:53 pm

Do you all remember the fare error that United Airlines had about a year ago or so ? They tried not to honor the fare and they got grilled by the media. I don´t believe SWISS could just turn their back on us and not honor the tickets. Hell, afterall it was their fault, not ours...
If they don´t honor my ticket, I´ll definitely raise hell, be that with our without media....
Old Oct 3, 2002, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

And this fiasco goes on and on and on…. Just called Swiss to enquire re the message about my reservation having expired but was told everything was okay. Nothing to worry about and they will send another e-ticket confirmation email soon.

Still don’t know what to make out of it!

Wish I taped the phone confirmation where the really friendly agent told me about five times that there was ABSOLUTELY no problem and nothing to worry about.

Jeremiah
Old Oct 3, 2002, 2:07 pm

Well I have purchased non-refundable tickets to London to connect with my LHR-ZRH-EZE flights!!!

Fingers crossed.

Stephen
Old Oct 3, 2002, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

And the story gets stranger. My booking appeared in "cancelled bookings" shortly after my first phone call to them, gave them another call and told me everything was okay. My reservation is still under cancelled bookings.

It went from confirmed to expired to confirmed and now to cancelled.

Now I am worried.

Jerermiah

Old Oct 3, 2002, 2:45 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Hi,
im in the same situation ive passed from Confirmed to expired about 3 times back and forth and now im back to confirmed. Phoned up a swiss agent (who presumably is in LON) who told me im confirmed about five times. He also said that it was because my tickets hadn't been issued. Yet how can they if you have e-tickets?
Mumbo-jumbo i think swiss really try to do everything to confuse you. on top of it i have loads of easyjet flights which are non refundable and if i don't have the flight what the hell am i gonna do in london for 10 days? not that i dont appreciate london but at that period of the year i prefer being in EZE than LON. Anyway i will not let swiss screw me, i paid for the ticket now they should fly me there (and back if possible).
Anyway have a nice time all,
tim.
Old Oct 3, 2002, 2:55 pm

I think we need a definitive answer soon. Many of us will be making plans.

Stephen
Old Oct 3, 2002, 5:04 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
You can guarantee that if you booked a ticket online and didnt realise that the fare was ten times more than you wanted to pay (due to eyesight problems or whatever), Swiss would not let yuou cancel the ticket for a refund.

Power of the internet.

I would suggest SWISS use this incident as a public relations opportunity and honour the best fare this century!
Old Oct 3, 2002, 6:23 pm

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Has anyone thought about talking to the media in London? Seems like this is the kind of story one sees in a few of the tabloids over there. Plus, it might help our case get a bit of publicity. I have 5 flights showing confirmed as of last count. I need to make plans to get to London soon.
Old Oct 4, 2002, 1:56 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I did report this 'case' to my niece, who right now is the NZZ (Neue Zürcher Zeitung) correspondent in Paris. Not sure if she will forward it to one of here (travel-colums-) colleagues of the newspaper.
Old Oct 4, 2002, 2:13 am

Thanks very much Rudi.

I hope we will be able to do the Milage Run in November..

Kooks http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif
Old Oct 4, 2002, 4:22 am

I have a couple of thoughts

1) If under belgian law they have to honor the fare because it was offered in the internet, then everybody's fare needs to be honored. Anybody who was in Belgium when he booked it could sue them (which would cost moch more than 2000GBP per ticket), and maybe even people from all over the world. Just think of how court cases that have nothing to do with the US are fought out there.

2) Swiss cannot afford to raise a media scandal. If they are smart, they'll just honor the fare and go after whoever made the error.

3) Swiss should think about potentially loosing us as customers, after all there are almost one hundred or more heavy volume Swiss flyers on this board. I for one thing will be very angry if they don't give me the ticket at that price.

4) I would guess they are discussing what to do right now, as I haven't heard anything but have been told that they will get back to me.

5) A smart move would be to give everybody who wanted to book / booked the fare even a free upgrade to first (or something like that) and issue a media communique about the mistake and how smart frequent travelers found it, and how Swiss now rewards them for watching the airline's website this closely. This way they could turn it in to positive publicity. It could be a real gag. On the other hand, just imagine how the could get battered by the media if they don't honor the fare.
Old Oct 4, 2002, 12:44 pm
AHO

I have called to Customer Relationship(CR) in Basel, Schweiz today(2002-10-04).

First, I have been redirected to ticket office in Basel.
Then the operator, who has answered my phonecall, has confirmed my reservation and confirmed payment has been made with the amount of GBP320 per person.

I have told about the phonecall from London office, but she told me that the reservation has been made and it is only me who can cancel the reservation not London office.
I asked about if she can send a confirmation mail to my e-mail address, and yes! I have got the confirmation e-mail. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif

I have even asked her name and telephone number in case I get trouble with this reservation.

Thanks for all of FT people for your support!

AHO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.