Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Qualiflyer
Reload this Page >

LHR-EZE Cheap Swiss Fares (€516 C CLass)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-EZE Cheap Swiss Fares (€516 C CLass)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2002, 2:12 pm

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
I don't understand where are your difficulties. I got my 3 e-tickets with each e-tk # the first morning , 11 am, after booking ca. 3 am. Since no news, all seems to be ok. Any doubt ?

------------------
JC25
Old Oct 9, 2002, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
A week now since I booked for January. I have a 'confirmed' reservation and seat numbers, but as yet no e-ticket number. Also, the charge has not yet appeared in my online AmEx statement.

I see online that there is a fifth 'sector' four weeks and two days after my return to LHR:

- LX 7997 dep FQA 0100 arr FQB 1301 Economy

What's this all about?

Should I be doing anything to expedite matters?

Thanks for your advice.
Old Oct 9, 2002, 1:23 am

I called SWISS yesterday night and asked them about my reservation. They said my ticket hasnīt been issued yet, thatīs why I didnīt get a confirmation e-mail with my ticket number. I asked them to issue it and this morning I got the e-mail with the number and other details. The rate is still the same. I assume very strongly that now, they canīt change it anymore, right ???

When looking at my reservation online, I also had a fifth segment LX 7997 or something like that, but on the confirmation mail, it didnīt show up. Must be some kind of internal IT thingy....
Old Oct 9, 2002, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, chicagolaw, that's reassuring.

I'll call them later.
Old Oct 9, 2002, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I bit the bullet and called SWISS. The instruction to ticket was given at the time of reservation and apparently it normally takes around 7 working days for the e-ticket to be issued. That would make it Friday or Monday next, so all appears to be OK.

Oh, one stopover in ZRH is allowed at GBP 50.
Old Oct 9, 2002, 11:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
7 days to issue an e-tkt ? it's a joke !! If you confirm your flight normaly, on line, the e-tkt is sended by mail just 3 or 4 hours.....

------------------
JC25
Old Oct 9, 2002, 1:17 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JC25:
7 days to issue an e-tkt ? it's a joke !! If you confirm your flight normaly, on line, the e-tkt is sended by mail just 3 or 4 hours.....

</font>
Your answer is correct for a flight departing soon after the booking. If you have booked a flight that is departing in 1 or more months then Swiss normaly send you the etket after 1 to 2 weeks by email. Unless you call them and ask for the etket.

kooks.

[This message has been edited by kooks (edited 10-09-2002).]
Old Oct 9, 2002, 3:50 pm

Booked myself a ticket but wondering is there is any chance I can make some changes? I booked myself from LHR and to LCY by accident (just selected the top option twice presuming it would be the same airport), would like both from LHR. Should I just forget it an accept the inconvenience or try to call them?
Old Oct 9, 2002, 5:02 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
You could be lucky since LGW,LHR,LCY are often treated as interchangeable BUT there ceratinly are differences in airport fees which means a repricing of the ticket. I do not think you will get the same deal again. I would not draw too much attention to this and fly out of LCY. I hear it is a nice airport http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Old Oct 9, 2002, 5:40 pm

davistev, well it seems that departing from LCY is more expensive than deperting from LHR which is good news. would I really be risking anything by calling them and asking?

If I just chose to fly out of LCY, how long is the LHR-LCY trip? Would arriving at LHR at 13:25 be safe enough for a 17:30 departure from LCY?

[This message has been edited by A319 (edited 10-09-2002).]
Old Oct 9, 2002, 6:39 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by A319:
would I really be risking anything by calling them and asking?

The answer will only be known once you call. If you get an automated robotic person then you could have some troubles. If you get a sincere person, then you could have some luck.

If I just chose to fly out of LCY, how long is the LHR-LCY trip? Would arriving at LHR at 13:25 be safe enough for a 17:30 departure from LCY? - YES - As long as you arrive on time at LHR. 4 hours should be enough time time to get to London City airport but I would investigate ahead to determine how you are going to do this (Taxi - public transit - I do not think there is an airport shuttle between these two airports.)

[This message has been edited by A319 (edited 10-09-2002).]
</font>
Old Oct 9, 2002, 10:27 pm

To A 319
no problem o change reservations for the same fare.
Yesterday I called swiss to change the return flight. There was no problem if I remain on swiss - so it's not possible to take flights with GRU/EZE done with an other carrier. I think there are no restrictions with the ticket, only this above.

------------------
JC25
Old Oct 10, 2002, 1:49 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
You said you changed your flight, did you have to pay a fee for this ? Iīm thinking about staying a couple of days longer in EZE than I had originally planned. Would changing my return date cost me anything ?
Old Oct 10, 2002, 3:14 am

Changing dates is one thing BUT changing city of departure may trigger a repricing.

By the way - What fare class code is this?
Old Oct 10, 2002, 8:23 am

Programs: QR platinum
the finally charged my amex account

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.