Wiki Posts
Search

Best seats in Y on A330

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2002, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Best seats in Y on A330

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

I am curious to find out, which are the best seats in economy on the LX A330? Can exit row/bulkhead seating be reserved in advance by non-elite QG members?

Also, does anyone have any adivce on a cheap hotel (still better than a Jugendherberge) in ZRH? So far I have found the IBIS (about 99CHF) and Astron (125 CHF).

Merci http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Jul 26, 2002, 9:34 pm

Backofthe bus I don't think they have any good seats in Y on the A330. They are all narrow. In the back few rows the aisle is a little wider. I think there are 3 seats in the middle in the back vs. 4 in most rows. However it takes much longer to get meals as they start in the front. There is a small cozy Y section in the front after the washrooms with about 5 rows.
Try to get a timetable. They have a seat plan.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Swiss has 2 sets of 2 seats (ie AB and HK) by the smaller emergency exit just aft of the wings. These are available for pre-assignment. Additionally, the second row immediately behind the Biz Class cabin offers slightly more leg room if you are sitting on the centre aisle seats. This is because the first row behind the bulkhead is 2+3+2, the second row is 2+4+2, so the aisle seats in the centre only have 'half' a seat in front of them and you can stretch out a bit.

I'm not sure of the exact row numbers for these seats, maybe someone with a seat plan handy could advise?

Cheers

WG
Old Jul 29, 2002, 4:34 am
Patron

A 330-223 (F/C/Y): First row after C: 22 (AB/DFG/JK). Y exit row: 28 (AB & JK).
A 330-223 (C/Y): First row after C: 17 (AB/DFG/JK). Y exit row: 28 (AB & JK).

Old Jul 29, 2002, 5:13 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF:
I'm not sure of the exact row numbers for these seats, maybe someone with a seat plan handy could advise?
</font>
On the F/C/Y planes, it's 23D and 23G, on the C/Y planes, it's 18D and 18G.

I very much like the exit row 28, and so far have almost always managed to have a seat there preassigned.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.