Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

How early can you check in first class at Doha?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2023, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver

Hi all,

I will be travelling in First between Doha and Dubai and wanted to make the most of the Al safa lounge. How early can I check in?
Ive had a look on the website and searched hear but no luck.

thanks in advance!
Old Oct 5, 2023, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Should be okay any time on the day of travel. Not sure what time is acceptable if say you're on the 1am flight given it's "next day".

When are you travelling? Al Safwa is closed for refurb soon.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Hello,

im travelling in January with my wife and by then 10month old. Planning to check out of hotel by 10am and head to Al safa for then. Our flight to Sharjah leaves at 13:55.

three hours so give us enough time to maximise the lounge.

do you know if they still do car transfer to plane for GCC first class? can I ask if they dont

thank you!
Old Oct 5, 2023, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Oh, that's totally fine then.

And yes, I saw the buses were still in use for ME First Class flights on a recent trip report.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the speedy replies!

I didnt notice on here that Al safa is closed next month.

does anyone know what changes they will be making? Is it normal for them to do this?
Old Oct 5, 2023, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by dood125
Thank you for the speedy replies!

I didnt notice on here that Al safa is closed next month.

does anyone know what changes they will be making? Is it normal for them to do this?
It is normally open 24/7 every day of the year. They have not announced what works are being undertaken, other than "maintenance".

Apart from during peak covid, this closure is a one off so far. They obviously felt that whatever needs maintaining can't be done adequately during operational hours (and they have tried some stuff already) so have decided to close.

It is a c.10 year old building and those familiar with regional construction may have a knowing look right now. It has also been very much more heavily used since covid.

6 weeks is not long enough to be completing any major building works so expect maintenance rather than significant refurbishment, or certainly any major redesign. But we can all hope for more facilities like sleeping areas etc, and being wishful is not a crime
Old Oct 5, 2023, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KingCanute
It is normally open 24/7 every day of the year. They have not announced what works are being undertaken, other than "maintenance".

Apart from during peak covid, this closure is a one off so far. They obviously felt that whatever needs maintaining can't be done adequately during operational hours (and they have tried some stuff already) so have decided to close.

It is a c.10 year old building and those familiar with regional construction may have a knowing look right now. It has also been very much more heavily used since covid.

6 weeks is not long enough to be completing any major building works so expect maintenance rather than significant refurbishment, or certainly any major redesign. But we can all hope for more facilities like sleeping areas etc, and being wishful is not a crime
thank you for the insight! Hopefully the building was is not delayed and it opens on time for all eligible to enjoy.

look forward to the visit in January!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.