Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Seat assignments on QR with redemption tickets from Oneworld partner airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2023, 3:09 am
Original Poster

- Redeemed an AA award ticket to fly QR a few months ago. One of us have Oneworld Sapphire status and seat assigments was complimentary. AA issues tickets without luggage allowance spelled out so took a few calls to convince them to issue a new ticket.
- Just redeemed a CX award ticket to fly QR. QR simply cannot give us seat assignments and every single time I called Reservations, they would say that the system flags that they need to charge us, somehow bypasses the paying, supposedly confirms the seat assignment, and a few hours the seat assignment would be wiped out. I presume this is when every day they run all reservations through a "thing" and wipe out all "illegal assignments".
- So is this a CX issue ? A QR issue ? Or an overall IT issue with Oneworld integration ?
Old Jun 17, 2023, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by zhaobao
- Redeemed an AA award ticket to fly QR a few months ago. One of us have Oneworld Sapphire status and seat assigments was complimentary. AA issues tickets without luggage allowance spelled out so took a few calls to convince them to issue a new ticket.
- Just redeemed a CX award ticket to fly QR. QR simply cannot give us seat assignments and every single time I called Reservations, they would say that the system flags that they need to charge us, somehow bypasses the paying, supposedly confirms the seat assignment, and a few hours the seat assignment would be wiped out. I presume this is when every day they run all reservations through a "thing" and wipe out all "illegal assignments".
- So is this a CX issue ? A QR issue ? Or an overall IT issue with Oneworld integration ?
Interesting that it doesn't work - did you try putting the CX booking reference in the QR Manage Booking to do it that way?

When I redeem BA Avios for a flight on QR, I just put the BA PNR into the QR Manage Booking and it works perfectly. I can select seats just fine.

AA are on a different reservations system, so you would have to call, but I think CX and BA are both on the same system as QR, so it might work the same way.

Someone else might know better, but that's my best guess at this point.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 5:59 am
Original Poster

It's the same PNR for CX and QR.....
Old Jun 18, 2023, 2:52 am

It's the same PNR for CX and QR.....
Only other thing I can think of is to try to do it on one of the other oneworld airline websites.

See if you can add the seats via Royal Jordanian or Malaysia Airlines or Finnair or Qantas.

None might work, but it's worth the try, I did JAL seats on RJ once as I couldn't do it on BA. Failing that, I guess you'll just have to live with it as it is right now I guess. Let us know how you get on.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Only other thing I can think of is to try to do it on one of the other oneworld airline websites.

See if you can add the seats via Royal Jordanian or Malaysia Airlines or Finnair or Qantas.

None might work, but it's worth the try, I did JAL seats on RJ once as I couldn't do it on BA. Failing that, I guess you'll just have to live with it as it is right now I guess. Let us know how you get on.
Did that also and the seat selection function is disabled across all other platforms.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 6:52 am

Did that also and the seat selection function is disabled across all other platforms.
Interesting - gotta love airline IT
Old Jun 18, 2023, 7:04 am

When you say "One of us have Oneworld Sapphire status", is that person the lead traveller in the booking? They may need to be so to be able to do this online. Multiple FF numbers on bookings can often cause problems too, esp if from multiple airlines.

I would work all of that out, get all your info ready, and give Privilege Club a call in Doha (cheap via skype or similar - number available on your QRPC dashboard). Alternatively you could also try live chat through the website but you might get referred around a bit before reaching someone who can fix it. Phone might be quicker and/or easier in this case though. Likewise if none of you are QRPC members, call Doha CS/Reservations, not your local number. Good luck!
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 8:40 am

I had a similar issue this month for Iberia flights issued by BA. Called Iberia multiple times for seat requests; they confirmed my Sapphire status and assigned seats with no charge. The next day, the seat assignments had gone.
Eventually got a knowledgeable Iberia agent (they are few and far between!) who took out my FF number, then re-entered it, assigned the seats, and bingo - they stick!
Maybe similar problem with your QR flights? Try getting QR to delete the Sapphire FF number, then re-enter it.
DiamondMile and jj_lgkr like this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 12:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Blue
Originally Posted by NDFan
Maybe similar problem with your QR flights? Try getting QR to delete the Sapphire FF number, then re-enter it.
I was in a similar boat (OWS, CX paid booking, most flights on QR) where my seat assignments weren't sticking after 2-3h. If I would select "normal" seats they would be kept, but any preferred/exit/comfort seats where not, which I guess was the hint that my OWS status wasn't read correctly. I messaged QR on Twitter, and they removed my FF number, a few minutes later I re-entered it and voila! the changes are now staying, so many thanks for the hint.
DiamondMile likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.