Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10 hour night layover

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2023, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by boneofthet
Is there a page that has more info about the exit & entrance for premium-class passengers? I decided to book a hotel room for my 13 hours layover but also want to avoid the hassles so I want to make sure I won't miss those, especially that I want to save some hours to visit the lounges.
When you areive at the passports hall, look to the very left and you will see an entrance to the premium arrivals hall which has it's own passport desks and officers. You will need your boarding passes.

On the way out again, assuming you are travelling in J, walk past the business class check in counters and through the security at the far end. Or if you are in F you can walk through their check in area instead.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
I will have a layover of just over 8hrs flying in from MEL on QR905 which lands at 04:35 early next year. My onward flight departs at 13:00, QR001 to LHR. No Avios availablity on the earlier morning flights. What is the likelihood of getting a free room for 6 hours at the new Al Mourjan Garden lounge? Please share any experiences of the new lounge during layovers.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by KingCanute
Just on behalf of the Pedantry Police, that should be QAR rather than OMR.

OMR 99 is equivalent to GBP 200, not such great value

Yes that's an enduring quirk of my Gulf-pickled mind! I'll change it.

BTW I wonder why your PP colleagues permit transliteration to render ريال as rial for Oman and Yemen yet riyal for Qatar and Saudi.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
BTW I wonder why your PP colleagues permit transliteration to render ريال as rial for Oman and Yemen yet riyal for Qatar and Saudi.
I'm not sure "y"...

Possibly regional accents and pronunciation influencing spelling?
Old Jul 8, 2023, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by KingCanute
When you areive at the passports hall, look to the very left and you will see an entrance to the premium arrivals hall which has it's own passport desks and officers. You will need your boarding passes.

On the way out again, assuming you are travelling in J, walk past the business class check in counters and through the security at the far end. Or if you are in F you can walk through their check in area instead.
I will be traveling in J. Thank you so much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.