Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Through Checking Bags on separate tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2022, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

My wife & I were lucky enough to have 1st class tickets to HKG with BA. BA then cancelled our direct flight and booked us onto Qatar via DOH. LHR to DOH in 1st.
Wow, just wow. Probably the best experience in the air that I've ever had. We had the added benefit of the whole cabin (& 3 crew) to ourselves.
We've travelled up front a few times but this was head & shoulders above anything else. The Krug was a thing of beauty, apparently Qatar have purchased the whole vintage.

We were travelling on to SYD but on a separate ticket (delayed pre Covid travel) & I really didn't want to have to enter Hong Kong with all the associated risks. As CX are a Oneworld partner we had read that through checking was possible (it's explicitly on the Qatar website) however the clerk at the 1st desk initially said no, she couldn't do it. Eventually we were directed to an economy check in desk & after much discussion (plus seeing copies of their own website) they managed to arrange. So it is possible but you may need to be persistent.

The transit lanes in HKG weren't a pleasant experience.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Very common occurrence with QR. This is why I have a copy of their bag check through policy on my phone to show the agent. Most European stations have an actual QR employee lurking around the check in desk somewhere. If I encounter a contracted agent not willing to check through (and they often will say no bc they don't know the policy and just assume it not possible), I ask for an actual QR employee and that always gets it sorted.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:02 am

Yes even if there isnt a directly QR employed agent there, the check-in supervisor/manager should be able to do it. It isnt entirely uncommon to meet initial resistance but you do get there in the end.

Mods msm2000uk - Perhaps worth merging this with main QR Interlining thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.