Wiki Posts
Search

A330 Seating Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2022, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
A330 Seating Suggestions

Am booked DOH<>HKT<>DOH next march and the service has recently been switched from a 787 to an A332 outbound then a A333 on the return

Flying in J the seat selection map on QR MMB differs from seat maps can find on the web, in particular the exits between the last and penultimate rows!

Any thoughts on the configuration of these aircraft?
And if correct.. what are the exitheow seats like (e.g. much smaller window? More legroom?)

Old Nov 13, 2022, 8:06 am

This is a graphics glitch. The exit is behind the last row of J seats on both aircraft. I am seeing the same misplacement of the exits on a 777 seatmap currently too.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Originally Posted by KingCanute
This is a graphics glitch. The exit is behind the last row of J seats on both aircraft. I am seeing the same misplacement of the exits on a 777 seatmap currently too.
Thank you

Read a couple of reviews for their A330 which suggested that Row 1 has marginally more legroom.. other than that (as the 1st row is not showing as available) are there issues with any window pairs (eg window not aligned)?
or all much of a muchness?
Old Nov 13, 2022, 9:11 am

Row 1 seats do have a larger footwell but probably won't open up for selection before check in (and may be allocated by then anyway).

The other window seats are pretty much the same as each other. But getting in and out can involve some gymnastics to climb over the aisle seat occupant, especially if reclined.

If you are travelling alone, many prefer a centre aisle seat.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, Delta Silver Medallion, BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Delboy65
Thank you

Read a couple of reviews for their A330 which suggested that Row 1 has marginally more legroom.. other than that (as the 1st row is not showing as available) are there issues with any window pairs (eg window not aligned)?
or all much of a muchness?
Not exactly more legroom, but the ottoman footrest will be much wider, making it somewhat comfortable for a red-eye flight. The footwells in all the others rows are so small, that its a struggle to turn around while sleeping. I'd recommend you to take seats 1A/1C and if that's not available, 3A/3C.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
For seat maps, I much prefer to use https://www.aerolopa.com/.

Avoid the window seats, they are like coffins, very narrow and no air. Even for a couple, center seats are much better, not only because of direct access to the aisle but also because more space.
docsxx and Delboy65 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.