Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2022, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
This thread is purely related to discussing QR Sale Fares.

Is the current 'Sale' actually a Sale?
Are the fares cheaper than previous Sales?
Is this Sale absolutely useless for your travel plans?

Well, here is the place to discuss!

Safe travels,

M
Print Wikipost

Sale Fares Discussion 2023

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2024, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by sdm1985
I added PCMARCH and it’s took of £4! Is this a joke? How was this not be called out?
This is giving me 15% off the no promo code fare on eg. LHR-ADL in May.

Most of the promo codes are only valid for certain origins and destinations, plus other restrictions. Here are the T&Cs

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/o...and-conditions

As these and the latest SE Asia promo T&Cs say, you may need to be searching from the dedicated offer page
Old Mar 13, 2024, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by KingCanute
Works consistently for me. You may need to be in or on the country website of one of the applicable points of sale/departure when searching.

As per the T&Cs, those are Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia.
Hi, at which stage will you see the promo price? I tried with their few promo before, like last week's SEAPREM24, every time I can only see price increase.
Here's the latest, for KUL-CAI increase from RM1845 to RM1901 after I input SEAVISA24

Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by kayzng
Hi, at which stage will you see the promo price? I tried with their few promo before, like last week's SEAPREM24, every time I can only see price increase.
Here's the latest, for KUL-CAI increase from RM1845 to RM1901 after I input SEAVISA24

When you click on economy or business in the right hand image, you should see the discounted prices for each fare type (if your route and dates etc are eligible based on the T&Cs). There should be a crossed out original price with the discounted price underneath (there is on the desktop website anyway...)

EDIT - If you read the promo T&Cs, Cairo is not included in the list of eligible destinations, hence no discount applied.

Last edited by KingCanute; Mar 13, 2024 at 3:44 am
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:16 am

I am trying to book Qatar in my next trip, somehow, their pricing is more expensive in OTA, any reason to that?
where most of the other airlines (MH, CX, EK, EY) are same.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:29 am

Programs: BAEC
I am trying to book Qatar in my next trip, somehow, their pricing is more expensive in OTA, any reason to that?
It's a commercial choice as to how flights are priced in each sales channel, and no one here is typically going to know any detail. But there is a general trend that airlines are likely to prefer customers booking direct with them where it's a simple flight with no other bundling of other travel products. You also need to be aware that if you book with an OTA and there's any post sales support needed because changes are needed it can be very difficult to get OTAs to do what's needed, as always YMMV.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:31 am

First of all, always double check that the agent price and the airline price are for the same fare bucket and include the same things (baggage, seat selection, flexibility, points earning, lounges etc).

Secondly, QR may be more friendly to agents and pay them a larger commission percentage than those other airlines, which the agent can then choose to discount if they want to and so appear higher up in searches. Small differences may be due to this, or variations in the exchange rate that level out when booking or depending on your method of payment. Very large differences may be due to some sort of consolidated fare offered to the agent, or the agent's pricing being out of date and that lower fare is not actually available when you go to book.

Also be clear about any additional fees the agent may charge on top of those levied by the airline for changes, cancellation, etc. Also direct booking may sometimes offer other benefits (bonus points etc).

If it still all looks good and adds up after checking all that and you are happy to accept the agent's customer service levels, go for it!
kalderlake likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:44 am

For those travelling ex-SE Asia and who pay with a Visa card, there is a new promo code to receive up to 13% off the base fare (ie. exc taxes etc)

Use the code SEAVISA24 to receive the discount in Business fare buckets R,I and D, and economy fare buckets O,T,Q,N,S,V,L,M and K.

Sales period: 1 March - 30 June 2024
Travel period: 1 March - 31 December 2024
Blackout period:
Outbound: 5 - 13 April 2024
Inbound: 18 - 21 April 2024

Other restrictions may apply, details here

On a sample booking it just gave me a touch over 9% off the total fare offered without the code.
Full payment must be made via eligible Visa card issued in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 1:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Trying to book flights using the Android app using code GOMOBILE24 and they will not book. If I remove the code, the flights book ok.

Anyone else seen this?

Any ideas how to work around this?
Old Mar 24, 2024, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by stephenjc
Trying to book flights using the Android app using code GOMOBILE24 and they will not book. If I remove the code, the flights book ok.

Anyone else seen this?

Any ideas how to work around this?
Have you double checked all of the T&Cs to ensure your destination, booking and travel dates, fare bucket etc are all eligible for this promo from your departure point?

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/o...54356290#Terms

These are the ex-UK terms for example. It appears there may be some variation depending on point of sale/departure.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Have you double checked all of the T&Cs to ensure your destination, booking and travel dates, fare bucket etc are all eligible for this promo from your departure point?

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/o...54356290#Terms

These are the ex-UK terms for example. It appears there may be some variation depending on point of sale/departure.
What I discovered is that if I use my PC number it works, but when I change it to my BA executive club number then it won't book.

The whole point is to put these tier points towards BA.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by stephenjc
What I discovered is that if I use my PC number it works, but when I change it to my BA executive club number then it won't book.

The whole point is to put these tier points towards BA.
It kind of says that right at the top of the linked page:

"get up to 12% off with this app-exclusive offer for Privilege Club members"
stephenjc likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I created a PC account to book and use the discount and then on the ticket added my BA details and it shows in manage my booking. I also called QR to remove my PC number from the booking so I can credit to BA and they were fine with that. Admittedly I have not flown the sectors for them to credit but don’t see why it should be a problem if you add BA at the time of booking.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Neilgcal
I created a PC account to book and use the discount and then on the ticket added my BA details and it shows in manage my booking. I also called QR to remove my PC number from the booking so I can credit to BA and they were fine with that. Admittedly I have not flown the sectors for them to credit but don’t see why it should be a problem if you add BA at the time of booking.
Fingers crossed that will work out for you, although there have been many previous reports of QRPC numbers being quite sticky. If it works then great, you found a workaround.

But if it doesn't then it was promoted as a promo code to reward QR members rather than those of other airlines, so pushing back later that it didn't reward BA members might not get too far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.