Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA*QR I class seat selection charge?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 6:14 am
Original Poster

BA*QR I class seat selection charge?

A friend has booked a BA 125- ticket with a BA codeshare on QR flights in I class - no oneworld status.

QR website is charging for seat selection, BA can’t do anything as they say the whole seat map is restricted - and the oneworld trade desk says just to call QR directly.

QR say that all partner tickets have chargeable seat selection unless you have status.

Doesn’t I class get free seat selection?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 23, 2024, 9:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by rugby23
A friend has booked a BA 125- ticket with a BA codeshare on QR flights in I class - no oneworld status.

QR website is charging for seat selection, BA can’t do anything as they say the whole seat map is restricted - and the oneworld trade desk says just to call QR directly.

QR say that all partner tickets have chargeable seat selection unless you have status.

Doesn’t I class get free seat selection?

Thanks in advance!
As BA issued the ticket under a BA codeshare, I would imagine that you are bound to BA's seat rules as it's marketed by them despite it being operated by QR. Also in theory as BA issued the ticket they are the point of contact for booking management enquiries.

On the seat selection fees point, BA are notorious for seat-selection fees. You would have to pay up under their rules I'm afraid and I suspect QR is right in requiring you to pay for seat selection.

However, you also did state that "QR say that all partner tickets have chargeable seat selection unless you have status" - so in a way, I reckon you have answered your own question.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just to echo what’s already been said, as you’ve purchased a BA ticket then BA rules apply, and a BA I class ticket has chargeable seat selection I’m afraid.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 1:56 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
I realise this is no help to the OP, but as a data point that may help others, I have no problem changing I class seats on BA 125 stock with BA flight numbers on QR metal as BA Gold (One World Emerald) on the QR website using the BA PNR.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Howard Long
I realise this is no help to the OP, but as a data point that may help others, I have no problem changing I class seats on BA 125 stock with BA flight numbers on QR metal as BA Gold (One World Emerald) on the QR website using the BA PNR.
as one world emerald you get free seat selection on qr

The op has a ba i class ticket (it is a ba ticket not a qr ticket, so it is ba i class) and presumably is not ows nor owe, hence no free seat selection
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:53 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
as one world emerald you get free seat selection on qr

The op has a ba i class ticket (it is a ba ticket not a qr ticket, so it is ba i class) and presumably is not ows nor owe, hence no free seat selection
Indeed, hence why I said

"I realise this is no help to the OP, but as a data point that may help others"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.