Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR becoming more difficult with seat selection?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR becoming more difficult with seat selection?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, WoH Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold 100k
Angry

I thought it might be useful to share my recent experience with Qatar business class. I booked two roundtrip tickets for myself and my son in business class from US to Cape Town via Doha. I initially booked them as Business Classic fare, which just like Business Lite does not include free seat selection. Both my son and I are Alaska Gold 75K, so oneworld emeralds, leading me to assume we would be able to select seats for free regardless. Would that life were so simple. I spent the next few days emailing Qatar customer service, sending facebook messages, and direct messaging them through Twitter, only to get bland responses multiple times that Business Classic fares have to pay for seat selection, but that I was welcome to select a seat 48 hours before check-in, which is ridiculous as these cabins are booked full. Calling them was equally unhelpful There are numerous online discussions relating the same. Qatar is clearly trying to avoid honoring this oneworld status perk, despite the fact that their own CEO is the de-facto head of Oneworld. Disappointing to say the least.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: LH SEN
I have a D class business ticket from Manchester but cannot reserve a seat until check in, the website says comfort class (D,I) have this option. I can choose a seat on the second leg (same class D) from Doha to Phuket. Am I missing something?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 1:29 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

@jarodmc Welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by jarodmc
I thought it might be useful to share my recent experience with Qatar business class. I booked two roundtrip tickets for myself and my son in business class from US to Cape Town via Doha. I initially booked them as Business Classic fare, which just like Business Lite does not include free seat selection. Both my son and I are Alaska Gold 75K, so oneworld emeralds, leading me to assume we would be able to select seats for free regardless. Would that life were so simple. I spent the next few days emailing Qatar customer service, sending facebook messages, and direct messaging them through Twitter, only to get bland responses multiple times that Business Classic fares have to pay for seat selection, but that I was welcome to select a seat 48 hours before check-in, which is ridiculous as these cabins are booked full. Calling them was equally unhelpful There are numerous online discussions relating the same. Qatar is clearly trying to avoid honoring this oneworld status perk, despite the fact that their own CEO is the de-facto head of Oneworld. Disappointing to say the least.
Hi jarodmc and welcome to FlyerTalk!

Did you book your ticket directly through Qatar Airways or is this ticket booked through a partner?
Old Nov 1, 2022, 12:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Bratislava Blade
I have a D class business ticket from Manchester but cannot reserve a seat until check in, the website says comfort class (D,I) have this option. I can choose a seat on the second leg (same class D) from Doha to Phuket. Am I missing something?
This might mean there are no available seats on the seat map for that leg, because of blocked seats (row 1 for example). Those seats will probably open up a few hours before online check-in opens.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by MartinJS
This might mean there are no available seats on the seat map for that leg, because of blocked seats (row 1 for example). Those seats will probably open up a few hours before online check-in opens.
Thanks. Called today, it was exactly this.
MartinJS likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Silver, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
FYI there are up to four FF numbers that can be entered into a booking:
  • FQTS – the frequent flyer program that you have status with
  • FQTV – the frequent flyer program with which you’re accruing points & status credits
  • FQTR – for award/redemption bookings, which frequent flyer program was used to make the booking
  • FQTU – if applicable, the frequent flyer program that points for an upgrade are to be deducted from
These are not available for pax to edit though, right? It must be something that agents can edit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.