Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Last minute P class fare offers?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2022, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Last minute P class fare offers?

Looking for some value out there for J but none to be found. What's the chances do people think of a couple of seats in fare class P (Bus Lite) being offered a month out from departure? Looking at travelling Boxing Day where prices do seem to be very high, so I assume demand is up there.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
QR is not known to release last minute P fares for the sake of filling up their cabins. Revenue management might make adjustments that open up lower fare buckets, but it's not systematic or predictable.

The closest they have to a last minute deal is the upgrade "offer" closer to departure, but they've been awfully expensive of late.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Most "P" fares require advance purchasing of 30 to 90 days.

QR would certainly not dump inventory last minute on revenue tickets on their Premium cabin but they would try to offer cash upgrades or open up saver redemption space for their Privilege Club members which also leads to partner awards being available at the very last minute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.