Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Trip Review QR3458 (KHI-LHR) UK Repatriation Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip Review QR3458 (KHI-LHR) UK Repatriation Flight

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2020, 3:10 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Thanks for sharing this. It’s great to read about any flying experiences during these times.
QR appears to be ahead of the competition as usual in terms of on board offering even with the current constraints. Hopefully they will not cut back on the offering. Others such as BA are apparently currently only serving a sandwich and bottle of water even in First and Business.

Personally when we do eventually get back in the air, I’ll be looking to QR for our first long haul trip.
S c 0 TT y likes this.
Old May 20, 2020, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Jed
Thanks for sharing this. It’s great to read about any flying experiences during these times.
QR appears to be ahead of the competition as usual in terms of on board offering even with the current constraints.
I don't know how many ppl of the average population actually follow these news, but I feel QR did great during this crisis which showed with a lot of publicity. They never really stopped all flights and right now still fly to where ever it's possible I feel. At some point even a lot of European governments recommended their citizens stranded abroad to book flights with QR or chartered QR flights for those people.

Same with these 100,000 tickets for health professional, a nice marketing move. It also appears as if they are not holding back refunds to people with cancelled tickets as a lot of european airlines are doing. I also did my last HK- Europe returns on QR, before some on CX. Lufthansa just gave up on its customers...
S c 0 TT y likes this.
Old May 22, 2020, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
Updated OP with a link to the podcast.

Sad times with what's happened today at Karachi airport, devastated to learn about the crash so close to the runway.
Old May 25, 2020, 3:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I just noticed OP's comment that "Blankets weren't taken away prior to landing. I am not sure whether they are normally or not but EK tend to take them 40 minutes before landing and its a right kick in the sack."
Wasn't aware that EK yanks away blankets from people who're still cuddled up in them. That's just cheap and unnecessary!
Maybe they have had too many cases of people stealing the blankets. Just go through ADD and see the folks with ET blankets wrapped around them, having no shame that they pinched them from their previous flight.
Old May 25, 2020, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by roadwarrier
Maybe they have had too many cases of people stealing the blankets. Just go through ADD and see the folks with ET blankets wrapped around them, having no shame that they pinched them from their previous flight.
AtlasGlobal ( bankrupt earlier this year ) had a more weirdo approach. If you're travelling on Economy Class, blankets could only be requested via the call button and the crew asked your boarding pass. At the end of the flight, when landing checks are made, the crew comes back with your boarding pass and asks for the blanket.

I have no idea what happened if the passenger preferred to have a mobile boarding pass or the passenger did insist not to give the blanket back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.