Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I miss flying QR

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2020, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
I miss flying QR

Earlier today Ben from one mile at a time posted his favorite boarding music and QR was number one (https://onemileatatime.com/airline-b...oy%20At%20Home). Perhaps it’s listening to that or the fact that prior to covid id be on QR704 later today, but I really miss flying QR. To me, one of the best feelings in the world is getting out of the chaos of jfk t8 boarding, getting nestled into ones qsuite, getting a hot or cold towel, getting a glass of rose, being that guy that asks the fa to snag a pair of pjs in large lol, and just relaxing to that QR music. With that said, what do y’all miss about flying QR? What have been some of your best avgeek moments flying QR? What QR experience can you not wait for once the world is in a better place?

Last edited by fender5787; May 5, 2020 at 7:49 am
Old May 5, 2020, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Oh I feel the same as you - strangely enough the thing I miss is a glass of laban (even though I switch to bubbles after take off, the laban is my little QR quirk).
blackdog047 likes this.
Old May 5, 2020, 8:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
The Arabian mezze starter without fail. I could genuinely eat 2-3 sets of that on a long haul and that'd be all I'd need...!
Old May 5, 2020, 1:03 pm

End of a long night. QR35 nears Birmingham. It had been a trying night, with a late departure and a medical diversion to Zurich. All really well handled by a really friendly crew who never stopped smiling. Could have been terrible, but as it was we made our booked train home from BHX.
plunet, I2sky and nilsfr69 like this.
Old May 23, 2020, 2:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
I miss the QSuites and the on-board bar on the 380. One of these will likely never return. There’s something really special about being able to have a space to hang out in on a 21st century airliner that is not your seat.
GalaxyChris and I2sky like this.
Old May 23, 2020, 4:12 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
Everything, we miss everything about QR!
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old May 23, 2020, 4:03 pm

I have started making Arabic breakfast myself...
Having been on every single type of aircraft that QR has in its fleet (except for the A350-1000), but never on one with Qsuite, I was looking forward to that for a trip to PEK in mid-Feb.
Now setting my hopes to fill both gaps for a trip to Tokyo in May 2021...
Old May 23, 2020, 5:12 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Definitely miss the in-flight experience however the Qatar Airways 'experience' on the ground still has a long way to go in staff training, communication and timely handling of issues needing attention. I wish they were able to better project that in-flight excellence on the ground!
Old May 24, 2020, 6:10 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Originally Posted by fender5787
Earlier today Ben from one mile at a time posted his favorite boarding music and QR was number one (https://onemileatatime.com/airline-b...oy%20At%20Home). Perhaps it’s listening to that or the fact that prior to covid id be on QR704 later today, but I really miss flying QR. To me, one of the best feelings in the world is getting out of the chaos of jfk t8 boarding, getting nestled into ones qsuite, getting a hot or cold towel, getting a glass of rose, being that guy that asks the fa to snag a pair of pjs in large lol, and just relaxing to that QR music. With that said, what do y’all miss about flying QR? What have been some of your best avgeek moments flying QR? What QR experience can you not wait for once the world is in a better place?
I assume large goes fairly quickly? In my experience I've barely managed to clinch the last S-sized PJ set too many times to count...
Old May 24, 2020, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Flew QR 4 today. Terminal 2 check in for Y was quite lengthy. For BIZ was dealt with quickly for the 350 900 series Q suite service. Delay in departure around 40inites due to formalities required at check in. personally I am.unfamiliar withT2 and the 20 pound refreshment voucher received at check in was *difficult" to spend at WH Smith's I personally did not see the Boots branch that was also.open. very surreal feeling. On boarding met with crew on full PPE but as lovely as always. Champagne offers pre departure and usual selection after. Meal service still done when you wish but seemed less choice. Tray service only. Overall though fine. Doha had no transfer transfer checks. Shower service operational and fine.
mr_botak and I2sky like this.
Old May 24, 2020, 4:13 pm

Their in flight service in Biz class is definitely hard to beat. Attentive crew, dine on demand, and a comfortable seat.

But I don't miss the Arabic breakfast!
Old May 25, 2020, 3:37 am

Programs: Skywards silver
Iam thinking to make the leap over to QR for my next j class flight. With the emirates bar shut and only 777 flights operating, now is the time for me to try out these Qsuites everyone raves about! Will I be hooked?
Old May 25, 2020, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I miss being in other places. I miss meeting family and friends in other places. I miss discovering and learning new things when I travel.

At the risk of getting labelled a miserable sod, there's not a single aspect of sitting on an aeroplane I miss. I don't dislike it, but after years of doing it I would never miss it, any more than I'd miss going to the barbers.

My own bed, even hotel beds, are more comfortable than reclining or lie-flat seats.

After the thrill of take-off, and a couple of minutes' cloud-gazing, it's eight hours of tedium and queuing for the lavatory.

The food is OK to help pass the time, but i long since learned i arrive in better shape if i limit the amount i eat: same for booze, especially since the odd fixation on cocooning and isolation in business-class has led to seating that enforces an extreme version of solitary drinking.

The overall onboard experience with QR is positive. But apart from the OneWorld airport-related perks, what gets me on board QR is any combination of the right fare, schedule and a need to to visit Doha.
Old May 25, 2020, 6:45 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Definitely miss the in-flight experience however the Qatar Airways 'experience' on the ground still has a long way to go in staff training, communication and timely handling of issues needing attention. I wish they were able to better project that in-flight excellence on the ground!
I’ve been wondering about this. Being based in DXB partly, using QR has been a non-starter since the embargo, but given the direction EK are going (chauffeur drive might permanently be going; F may disappear), I’m looking at options where it makes sense. Doesn’t sound like Hamad has got any easier to transit through, shiny new airport notwithstanding?
Old May 25, 2020, 11:07 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Platinum Tier
Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
Iam thinking to make the leap over to QR for my next j class flight. With the emirates bar shut and only 777 flights operating, now is the time for me to try out these Qsuites everyone raves about! Will I be hooked?
Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.