Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2021, 1:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Hello,

i just booked 4 BC tickets for 1-may-2021 - 14-may-2021. When i booked the price for 1-may was 8.5k and 14-may also was 8.5k
What if for some reason i have to cancel my return flight. Which amount will be refunded? The whole 8.5k?

thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2021, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by hdejongh
Hello,

i just booked 4 BC tickets for 1-may-2021 - 14-may-2021. When i booked the price for 1-may was 8.5k and 14-may also was 8.5k
What if for some reason i have to cancel my return flight. Which amount will be refunded? The whole 8.5k?

thanks!
You could only cancel the return leg after you have flown the previous legs.
If you need to cancel the return leg, you would receive the full amount associated with the return ( 8.5k in your case ) minus any taxes&fees that are non-refundable which depends on the time you cancel and the route.
hdejongh likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You could only cancel the return leg after you have flown the previous legs.
If you need to cancel the return leg, you would receive the full amount associated with the return ( 8.5k in your case ) minus any taxes&fees that are non-refundable which depends on the time you cancel and the route.
thanks!!EUR 412.00 YQ , EUR 13.40 YR , EUR 12.72 CJ , EUR 16.47 RN , EUR

7.85 VV , EUR 16.10 Passenger Facility Charge PFC (G4AF) , EUR 0.84 PZ

, EUR 20.93 BQ , EUR 20.93 H9

so about half of this will not be refundable??
Old Mar 16, 2021, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
thanks!!EUR 412.00 YQ , EUR 13.40 YR , EUR 12.72 CJ , EUR 16.47 RN , EUR

7.85 VV , EUR 16.10 Passenger Facility Charge PFC (G4AF) , EUR 0.84 PZ

, EUR 20.93 BQ , EUR 20.93 H9

so about half of this will not be refundable??
I don't know your exact routing so I can't say something precise but for example, if you are flying LHR-DOH-SYD-DOH-LHR; the UK departures fee, the UK Premium Departure Tax, LHR security fee, LHR COVID-19 surcharge & AU immigration fee wouldn't be refunded but the AU departures fee, SYD security fee & UK immigration fee would be refunded.
hdejongh likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 1:45 pm

I don't know your exact routing so I can't say something precise but for example, if you are flying LHR-DOH-SYD-DOH-LHR; the UK departures fee, the UK Premium Departure Tax, LHR security fee, LHR COVID-19 surcharge & AU immigration fee wouldn't be refunded but the AU departures fee, SYD security fee & UK immigration fee would be refunded.
im doing AMS-DOH-MLE (and back)
Old Mar 16, 2021, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Half of G4, half of PZ, half of YQ & YR, all of BQ, and all of H9 would be refunded.
RN, VV, CJ would not be refunded.
hdejongh likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 1:55 pm

Half of G4, half of PZ, half of YQ & YR, all of BQ, and all of H9 would be refunded.
RN, VV, CJ would not be refunded.
thanks a lot!
Old Mar 16, 2021, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks a lot!
You're welcome
Old Mar 17, 2021, 2:01 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
EOC has once again been updated, this time with guidance for the addition of the State of Qatar onto the UK Government's 'red list'.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by realgaga
EOC has once again been updated, this time with guidance for the addition of the State of Qatar onto the UK Government's 'red list'.
I guess my question is will QA still apply fare differance between the QA and BA direct flight, for many flying from India/Pakistan etc BA do operate flights so I guess a rebook onto BA would be a good get out.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 2:37 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by suley
I guess my question is will QA still apply fare difference between the QA and BA direct flight, for many flying from India/Pakistan etc BA do operate flights so I guess a rebook onto BA would be a good get out.
QR will waive the fare difference if the pax is rebooked onto a BA flight under the conditions stated.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by realgaga
QR will waive the fare difference if the pax is rebooked onto a BA flight under the conditions stated.
The only potential drawback is that you will be rebooked in the lowest available RBD, even if you booked in an expensive flexible one.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 11:31 am

[in ref to #2397 @Traveller999, partly-flown tickets expire and lose value after 1 year]
People need to be aware of this rule. I was in that box a few months ago and was of course shocked when QR told me my year had expired and my ticket was worthless, thank-you-and-goodbye. Fortunately I had begun a case with QR much earlier, asking them to extend the validity, when the year ended, so they accepted that and gave me my money, around half the round-trip cost, fairly promptly.

I do continue to be surprised that they were willing to hand me the cash instead of keeping it in their pocket until the day I could finish my trip. I imagined that when it becomes comfortable for biz travelers to fly, the ramp-up will be slow and they'll fly empty seats for quite some time.
Traveller999 likes this.

Last edited by JohnAx; Mar 18, 2021 at 11:35 am Reason: Add ref to orig ost
Old Mar 20, 2021, 1:48 am

Programs: HHonorsGold, MarriottPlat, BAEC Gold, FlyingBlue Silver
Very pleased how my easy changing my ticket was!
Last December we bought two R-class tickets from Europe to DPS in JUN/JUL when they had an attractive offer, knowing there’s a good chance this wouldn’t work out due to ongoing restrictions. QR now cancelled the DPS flights in JUN and rerouted us to CGK.
When I called them, they were extremely proactive offering refund as the solution.
instead I asked them, whether I can change the date to fly just before Christmas and return 03JAN, which online was twice the price I paid. They rebooked to my requested dates without hesitation. As the return was in 2022, they apparently have a policy to charge an admin-fee of €15 per ticket and explained that currently flexibility rules expire at the end of 2021.
That sounded all reasonable and we’re now rebooked into D and I-class for the return.

Now considering to buy an additional set of tickets to BKK with the next sale!
Old Mar 20, 2021, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MOZBOB
Very pleased how my easy changing my ticket was!
Last December we bought two R-class tickets from Europe to DPS in JUN/JUL when they had an attractive offer, knowing there’s a good chance this wouldn’t work out due to ongoing restrictions. QR now cancelled the DPS flights in JUN and rerouted us to CGK.
When I called them, they were extremely proactive offering refund as the solution.
instead I asked them, whether I can change the date to fly just before Christmas and return 03JAN, which online was twice the price I paid. They rebooked to my requested dates without hesitation. As the return was in 2022, they apparently have a policy to charge an admin-fee of €15 per ticket and explained that currently flexibility rules expire at the end of 2021.
That sounded all reasonable and we’re now rebooked into D and I-class for the return.

Now considering to buy an additional set of tickets to BKK with the next sale!
Wait, have you paid a fare difference to return on 3 Jan 22 or was that provided complimentarily?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.