Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2021, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by vji
Can someone confirm this? I called a QR agent and they seemed to indicate that even for refunds travel had to be complete by Dec 31 2021.

Thanks.
Hard to understand your question. If you ask for refund, then you will not travel.

The QR website is clear You can ask for refund of any ticket issued before 30 April 2021.
This is the current policy and it could change, especially after 30 April 2021.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 12:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The OP ( Schwann )'s afternoon OSL-DOH flight was cancelled ( UN status ) and was suggested to be rebooked on a morning departure on another flight number, so his original flight has been cancelled and that's why the EOC policy would apply.
Originally Posted by realgaga
Schwann had a cancellation (UN status), so EOC does apply.
They've binned off our connecting Langkawi flights now anyway in the last 24hrs, so for now I'm sitting on my hands for a few months with the cards firmly in my hands until the Asia Q4 2021 travel picture becomes clearer.

For my 2nd itinerary, which contained a cancelled Stockholm leg for June which QR refused to move to November (but would to October) for free due to "seasonality" (which tbf, does appear in BWC), they ended up moving me for free because they confessed my ticket didn't have a seasonal restriction.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flyblue
Vji

That's my big concern at the moment.

I asked on Twitter and the response received still does not allay my concern that QR could turn around and say that refunds are only available if the 'original' booked date of travel was before 31 December 2021.

Their response:

"Hello there, thank you for reaching us. If the ticket is not used, you will get a full refund. please bear in mind that you have to cancel the flight at least 3 hours before departure to avoid refund penalties and no-show fees. Thank you."
Old Mar 3, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Nagolnagol
Vji

That's my big concern at the moment.

I asked on Twitter and the response received still does not allay my concern that QR could turn around and say that refunds are only available if the 'original' booked date of travel was before 31 December 2021.

Their response:

"Hello there, thank you for reaching us. If the ticket is not used, you will get a full refund. please bear in mind that you have to cancel the flight at least 3 hours before departure to avoid refund penalties and no-show fees. Thank you."
QR can (and will) change the policy without prior notice. If you really want a refund, request it ASAP.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Flyblue
QR can (and will) change the policy without prior notice. If you really want a refund, request it ASAP.
I simply wanted to know whether to book now for Feb 2022, with the 'protection' of a cancellation and refund.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Nagolnagol
I simply wanted to know whether to book now for Feb 2022, with the 'protection' of a cancellation and refund.
Feb 2022 is a long time away and tickets are only valid for 1 year from its date of ticketing, so you won't be able to delay the dates by much if you book it now.

The EOC policy is a customer service policy, so there is no guarantee that it will exist then.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 12:55 pm

Feb 2022 is a long time away and tickets are only valid for 1 year from its date of ticketing
Is that from the date the booking first had a ticket issued, or from the date the ticket was last re-issued? Because I have several PNRs with QR now that are definitely over a year old albeit with several reissues between them!
Old Mar 3, 2021, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
QR has rebooked our DOH-DPS flight in May to CGK. Also the return flight in early June has been rebooked to depart from CGK. No notice received yet.

What is going on? No way we will be traveling to Jakarta instead of Bali.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Double post by error. Sorry
Old Mar 3, 2021, 5:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
QR has rebooked our DOH-DPS flight in May to CGK. Also the return flight in early June has been rebooked to depart from CGK. No notice received yet.

"What's going on?" Do you realize that Bali has been closed to international travelers due to the pandemic for almost a year now? There are currently no international flights to Bali. You must go through Jakarta first. It's March now, but your trip is in May. I'm guessing that QR is making the assumption that Bali is going to be off-limits to international travel as well in a couple of months.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Its <2hr. Take a $80 Y or $350 J return.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this something new for QR invol rebookings:

“On receipt of this notification, you can click on the Accept the changes icon and we will hold your booking within seven days. If there is no response, your booking will be cancelled.”

This is not acceptable and seems to contradict the information above that we do not have to make a decision until 3 hours before departure.

Currently we have a flexible ticket due to several cancellations and invol schedule changes and we are not going to make a make a decision within 8 days whether to accept, refund or rebook. Any first hand experience that QR will actually cancel the ticket if no response?
Old Mar 4, 2021, 1:20 am

Programs: BAEC
You would probably need to call to manually request additional time to make a decision and exempt yourself from the auto-cancel.

I would suggest that for the majority of customers the option of a hassle free auto-cancel is probably great customer service considering what most other airlines are doing in this space.
Schwann likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I fail to see how it can be great customer service to do something that pax has not agreed to or asked the airline to do.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 1:57 am

It's probably sufficient and beneficial to the majority of passengers. For those that want to sit on their hands with regards to bookings are best to call up and confirm this with the airline anyway.
Cat88L3 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.