Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2020, 2:15 am

Thanks. I just called and requested a full refund.
Bookings disappeared, now I need to wait on email of refund.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 2:47 am

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
I too called now, he didn't see any refund request, but he found it when I said I had requested it online. He said he escalated it and they would handle it within 48 hours, and I should call back if I didn't receive any email.
So I guess we can conclude that the Zendesk support system they have is not working, or is not being monitored.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
So as Indonesia practically closed it's borders for a bit I can't fly my DOH-CGK on the 8th of Jan. I will most certainly need to fly to Asia sometime next year so I was thinking about requesting the voucher instead of full refund so I get the extra 10%.

Is there any caveat I should be aware of or are the vouchers as good as money or should I be aware of some limitations (other than the vouchers need to be used for QR flights)?
Old Dec 28, 2020, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by AnttiV
So as Indonesia practically closed it's borders for a bit I can't fly my DOH-CGK on the 8th of Jan. I will most certainly need to fly to Asia sometime next year so I was thinking about requesting the voucher instead of full refund so I get the extra 10%.

Is there any caveat I should be aware of or are the vouchers as good as money or should I be aware of some limitations (other than the vouchers need to be used for QR flights)?
You should be aware that you could always opt-out from the voucher and ask for your money back.
Although, when asking for a refund of the voucher back to your credit card, you wouldn't get the 10% extra.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 3:58 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by AnttiV
It may have changed recently, but new flights of less value than the voucher needs to be booked by an agent, where flights cost more than the online price.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by LukeO9
It may have changed recently, but new flights of less value than the voucher needs to be booked by an agent, where flights cost more than the online price.
What do you mean, need to call if the new flight cost more than the voucher value?
Old Dec 29, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by nick5000
What do you mean, need to call if the new flight cost more than the voucher value?
You need to call if the ticket costs LESS than the voucher value.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 10:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, QR Gold, CX Silver, ITA Executive, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
My case is a bit complex, I am not sure whether it has been mentioned before. If I use a voucher (630 usd worth) to book a multi city journey, HKG-LHR, OSL-HKG, for a trip of an total amount of 1730usd (1494 for outbound, 236 for inbound) and I request a refund to original payment after the outbound leg, will the remaining amount (236-unrefundable tax) go back to the original card of payment, or will it trigger another system and issue me another voucher for the remainder value? Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by flyingroundtheworld
My case is a bit complex, I am not sure whether it has been mentioned before. If I use a voucher (630 usd worth) to book a multi city journey, HKG-LHR, OSL-HKG, for a trip of an total amount of 1730usd (1494 for outbound, 236 for inbound) and I request a refund to original payment after the outbound leg, will the remaining amount (236-unrefundable tax) go back to the original card of payment, or will it trigger another system and issue me another voucher for the remainder value? Thanks in advance.
Your case would definitely require extra attention by the ticketing department.
You would be getting a refund as vouchers are refundable but I am not sure if you would get 236/1.10 = $214.5 or $236 back into your credit card.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 5:14 pm
RY7

I am confused with the updated policy of the "Book with Confidence"
Can I still voluntarily request a voucher with 10% more value?
Does free destination change within 500miles still apply if the flights got canceled or changed? Without fare difference?

I haven't booked any flights with QR yet
Old Dec 29, 2020, 8:02 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by RY7
I am confused with the updated policy of the "Book with Confidence"
Can I still voluntarily request a voucher with 10% more value?
Does free destination change within 500miles still apply if the flights got cancelled or changed? Without fare difference?

I haven't booked any flights with QR yet
The 'Book With Confidence' policy ended in September and was replaced with the 'Extending Our Commitment' policy.
Under the new policy V2.0 (Dec 22nd) you can request a full refund to your original form of payment with the refund penalty waved, OR make changes with the change fee waived but fare difference, taxes, surcharges etc still apply.
You can no longer request a voucher.
IIRC the 500 miles policy for involuntary changes existed before Covid-19 but someone else (maybe ISTFlyer ) will elaborate on that.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by realgaga
IIRC the 500 miles policy for involuntary changes existed before Covid-19 but someone else (maybe ISTFlyer ) will elaborate on that.
Unfortunately, I am also not sure if the 500 miles policy which was valid before COVID-19 is applicable at the moment.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 9:05 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
Originally Posted by pichalite
If I cancel a RT ticket after the one-way, will I receive the refund for the return as quoted during purchase or the onward will be repriced and balance will be returned? Or no refund option once any leg of the RT is used?
Bumping on this. Can someone please help with this? For RT trip, fare breakdown is like below.

Fare for 1 adult
Fare 1: Carrier QR RJINP3RW HYD to SFO (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code R
Covers HYD-DOH (Business), DOH-SFO (Business)
Rs.64,525.00
Fare 2: Carrier QR RJINP3RX SFO to HYD (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code R
Covers SFO-DOH (Business), DOH-HYD (Business)
Rs.60,775.00
India Goods And Service Tax Interim Domestic And International (K3)
Rs.23,212.00
Qatar Passenger Facility Charge Pfc (G4)
Rs.1,416.00
United States APHIS Passenger Fee Passengers (XA)
Rs.292.00
United States Customs User Fee (YC)
Rs.441.00
United States Immigration User Fee (XY)
Rs.515.00
India User Development Fee Departures (IN)
Rs.464.00
India Aviation Security Fee (P2)
Rs.452.00
Qatar Passenger Service Charge Arrivals (PZ)
Rs.74.00
Carrier-imposed surcharge (YQ)
Rs.66,948.00
Carrier-imposed surcharge (YR)
Rs.1,179.00
United States Passenger Civil Aviation Security Service Fee (AY)
Rs.412.00
US Passenger Facility Charge (XF)
Rs.331.00
Subtotal per passenger
Rs.221,036.00
Number of passengers
x1
Subtotal For 1 adult
Rs.221,036.00
For one-way onward, fare breakdown is like below.

Fare for 1 adult
Fare 1: Carrier QR IJR4R1SQ HYD to SFO (rules)
Passenger type ADT, ONE-WAY-ONLY fare, booking code I
Covers HYD-DOH (Business), DOH-SFO (Business)
Rs.112,875.00
India Goods And Service Tax Interim Domestic And International (K3)
Rs.17,633.00
Qatar Passenger Facility Charge Pfc (G4)
Rs.708.00
United States APHIS Passenger Fee Passengers (XA)
Rs.292.00
United States Customs User Fee (YC)
Rs.441.00
United States Immigration User Fee (XY)
Rs.515.00
India User Development Fee Departures (IN)
Rs.464.00
India Aviation Security Fee (P2)
Rs.452.00
Qatar Passenger Service Charge Arrivals (PZ)
Rs.37.00
Carrier-imposed surcharge (YQ)
Rs.33,474.00
Carrier-imposed surcharge (YR)
Rs.589.00
Subtotal per passenger
Rs.167,480.00
Number of passengers
x1
Subtotal For 1 adult
Rs.167,480.00
If I cancel the return, is it fair to assume the refund will be = Return Fare + (RT tax - onward tax components, prorated where applicable) ? or will the onward fare be repriced before refunding? Is there any non-refundable tax components? If so, how can I find it? Thank you.

Last edited by pichalite; Dec 29, 2020 at 9:12 pm
Old Dec 30, 2020, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Called them up about 7 hours before departure and it was processed quickly ... email confirmation followed not too long afterwards ... There was a bit of a push towards the voucher ' you know it may take 1-2 months to get the cash refund processed ' , but for 10% not worth it really and once I said no it wasn't pushed .. I presume the refund will be faster than 1-2 months , but let's see !
Old Dec 30, 2020, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by nick5000
I too called now, he didn't see any refund request, but he found it when I said I had requested it online. He said he escalated it and they would handle it within 48 hours, and I should call back if I didn't receive any email.
So I guess we can conclude that the Zendesk support system they have is not working, or is not being monitored.
Still no reply after 49 hours. I called again and he now said I should get a reply within 2 hours.
Not very straight forward to make us of their unlimited change policy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.