Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2020, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
I am using the following way on https://matrix.itasoftware.com/, checking once every morning - in this case, I'm specifically looking for any R-class fare from KHI to ORD or KHI to LAX, for any date in the entire month of December.
Spoiler

I know expert flyer might have some alerts, but if anyone knows of a better *free* way to check please let me know
I guess that checking ITA Matrix is the best free-of-charge way to monitor availability.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 3:51 am

Programs: OWE, *G
CMB to MLE is 483 miles according to GCMAP, but does QR agree that this is less than 500 miles?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 9:07 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
This is very encouraging...knowing that I should be able to change my flight to next year as long as I find same class availability. I'm going to wait a few weeks to get closer to my flight date and see if I can get an involuntary change due to not being able to get into BKK. But I'll also be prepared to use flights that have same class in case they give some push back. Thanks for the info.
What I don’t get is if it says on my ticket In endorsements “involuntary change” then why isn’t it an involuntary change now?

Also is QR not flying to Cambodia anymore at all? Can someone answer this?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Andrew35K
CMB to MLE is 483 miles according to GCMAP, but does QR agree that this is less than 500 miles?
I think Qatar's calculation is from Doha, so what is the value of [DOH to MLE distance] minus [DOH to CMB distance]
Andrew35K likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: OWE, *G
I think Qatar's calculation is from Doha, so what is the value of [DOH to MLE distance] minus [DOH to CMB distance]
That’s even better. Just comes to 189 miles difference.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Rebooking advice and questions

In October 2019 I booked 2 tickets for LAX-DOH-CNX, BKK-DOH-LAX (open jaw in Thailand) in biz class (R) for late February 2020 for $3400 per person.

Fast forward to February and we don't want to travel, so we pay the change fee of $545 per ticket plus additional fare to change to PHL-DOH-ADL-BNE, SYD-DOH-PHL (ADL-BNE on Virgin Australia, then open jaw) in Biz class (R on QR, D on VA) for early November. The fare increased to a total of about $4100 per ticket. Obviously, with Australia's travel restrictions we won't be taking this trip, but we'd still like to take it sometime late in 2021 or early 2022.

A schedule change has happened, and now the VA flight no longer exists, so QR cannot get us to ADL on the originally scheduled date (we'd need to stop overnight at ADL). Oddly, QF has a non-stop flight from ADL-BNE that meets the minimum connection time for ADL, but QR apparently hasn't considered that as an option.

A few questions:
1. I assume the change fee we paid would not be refunded if we cancel and refund the trip due to the involuntary change?

2. If we want to take advantage of the 2 year period of flexible rebooking would that apply to flights before October 2021, or February 2022? (IOW, is it based on the date of original purchase, or on the date we changed/rebooked?)

3. If I want to rebook the identical routing for a later date would QR consider booking us on QF for the ADL-BNE segment?

4. If I want to take advantage of the "Unlimited date change" provision and book for December 2021 how do I change the reservation prior to departure (Nov 2020) when flights in Dec 2021 aren't available to book yet?

TIA
Old Oct 7, 2020, 12:51 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
For people who bought their tickets before the new 500 miles policy in October, have you been successful in telling them that you booked during the 5000 miles policy and would therefore like to make a change within the older 5000 distance rules?
anybody successful with that try?
Splendiz likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
For people who bought their tickets before the new 500 miles policy in October, have you been successful in telling them that you booked during the 5000 miles policy and would therefore like to make a change within the older 5000 distance rules?
I have called twice and written and been refused. The 14 days waiting period ended after the new policy went into effect so I was caught in the middle. I could have cancelled as there was a an invol change on that I had not accepted but I opted for the voucher and will just rebook
Old Oct 7, 2020, 9:26 am

Data Point.
Called just now, waited 5 minutes and got an agent, super quick change from JFK-BKK in Nov 20 to summer of 21.
In fact, I was told that my flight in Nov was already canceled but I didn't get notification of it yet.
Maybe they've finally gotten the policy down, this was far easier than previously navigating the old policy with the agents.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by kq747
I have called twice and written and been refused. The 14 days waiting period ended after the new policy went into effect so I was caught in the middle. I could have cancelled as there was a an invol change on that I had not accepted but I opted for the voucher and will just rebook
This is bad. How is this "book with confidence" if they will change the policy and then apply the new policy to older tickets.

Who is to say this new "free date change" policy will not change to "free date change with $1000 service fees" and they will start applying this new policy for all tickets we have bought "with confidence"
NWplatinum and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
This is bad. How is this "book with confidence" if they will change the policy and then apply the new policy to older tickets.

Who is to say this new "free date change" policy will not change to "free date change with $1000 service fees" and they will start applying this new policy for all tickets we have bought "with confidence"
That's exactly what I said but they said they said they reserve the right to change the policy at their discretion which while true seems unfair to those who were told "book by September 30, 2020 and you will have all these options."
Old Oct 7, 2020, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Since it now says on my ticket after the reissuance “Endorsements: INVOL REROUTE SKCHG /INVOL DUE TO CORONAVIRUS COMM REF 1059 V1.7/INVOL COVID COMM1060”

am I in the basket of tickets that were changed involuntarily?
My old ticket said Comm Ref 1059 V1.7.3 which I assume is referencing the last version of the Book with Confidence plan.
my new one for travel in 2021 is INVOL COVID COMM 1060 like yours, however it does not have all of the other tags... which makes me believe it has separated completely from the Book with Confidence and any ties it once had to my PHL-KBP tickets.
This seems in line with what your experience was; our tickets as far as the new policy is concerned are for travel to BKK and are entirely under the COMM1060 rules which is the 10/1 policy

I think it's INVOL because the agent told me all those BKK flights are canceled in their system, even though we didn't get the notifications yet... so it was an Involuntary change for us
Old Oct 7, 2020, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by 10000Ants
My old ticket said Comm Ref 1059 V1.7.3 which I assume is referencing the last version of the Book with Confidence plan.
my new one for travel in 2021 is INVOL COVID COMM 1060 like yours, however it does not have all of the other tags... which makes me believe it has separated completely from the Book with Confidence and any ties it once had to my PHL-KBP tickets.
This seems in line with what your experience was; our tickets as far as the new policy is concerned are for travel to BKK and are entirely under the COMM1060 rules which is the 10/1 policy

I think it's INVOL because the agent told me all those BKK flights are canceled in their system, even though we didn't get the notifications yet... so it was an Involuntary change for us
That’s terrific news and makes sense since Thailand has shut everyone out. What I’m trying to do is move my flight to next winter to Phuket instead.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 1:09 am

Just called the Australia line and waited about 5 minutes. I was surprised at how quickly the agent was able to change the ticket, it literally took him
less than three minutes total. He did rebook into R class, I did not check before hand. I was able to change from BKK, to HKT instead for September ‘21. Definitely my preferred city if I have to fly into Thailand.

The layover on the return is 8 hours and overnight in DOH, so not looking forward to that so hopefully I’ll have somewhere to sleep.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 5:19 am

Today I finally got through to the Qatar London office, to change my ARN-SYD flight from Jan 21 to Dec 21, I was told I cannot change it now, I will have to wait until 1 year before my return date to change, as they don't have availability till then.

I understand that.

But what was concerning was the chap said to me I will be taking a risk in not changing my flight that returns a year from now, so effectively going out in Sept 21 and returning early Oct 21 as he said he can't guarantee the current "book with confidence" policy will still be in effect at the end of the year.

Is this correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.