Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2020, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
100% disagree. Changing your FF# should be easy to do prior to travel, or even immediately following booking changes. "Member of QRPC" does not equal "must credit to QRPC.".
There were several cases here in FlyerTalk when a member benefitted from a QRPC privilege ( such as lounge via QRPC, extra baggage via QRPC, etc... ) and tried to credit to another program, even though if they had their other OW program listed on their boarding pass, they had their miles credited to QRPC.

There is technically FQTS and FQTV slots in their system, however, I could assure that %99 of the QR agents would be clueless about what it is. ( Especially contracted outstation agents )

Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
Does anyone know where to find the region definitions under the updated policy effective October 1 2020?
Check;
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/trav...19-update.html

The regions are available under the "Operational Routes" section at that page.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 7:40 am

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Check;
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/trav...19-update.html

The regions are available under the "Operational Routes" section at that page.
Those don't line up with the list provided on the Travel With Confidence page

Regions are defined as Africa, America, Australasia, Europe, Far East, GCC (inclusive of Levant, Iran, Iraq), Indian Subcontinent
The Operational Routes section lists Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe, and Middle East. In the list above Asia is split into Far East, Australasia, and Indian Subcontinent. Middle East is also different from GCC which includes fewer countries.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by JAeX
Those don't line up with the list provided on the Travel With Confidence page

The Operational Routes section lists Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe, and Middle East. In the list above Asia is split into Far East, Australasia, and Indian Subcontinent. Middle East is also different from GCC which includes fewer countries.
Oops, that is true. Although the Operational Routes section could be useful for other regions other than the Asian peninsula.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: OWE, *G
Does borders being closed constitute an ”involuntary change”, enabling for a date and destination change without fare difference?
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Kajetan
How about if you call the airline? If you don’t hear what you want the first time, try the second or third. One of the customer service ladies even wanted to change my KBP ticket to DPS for no charge, which is way over 5000 miles. To my understanding (and this goes to the same person wanting to go Cambodia) in the beginning there was a lot of confusion, stuff wasn’t trained and system wasn’t prepared for the changes. The twitter won’t help you with that as there is no live conversation. Go and make some calls.
My issue gets a little more complicated as I booked through Chase. I originally spent 4-5 hours, a few HUCA's and escalating to a manager at Chase when the associate tried to tell me that KBP was 8,000 miles from BKK to try and rebook my original ticket. I'm not on here trying to have others do the dirty work, I'm happy to do it if it was as simple as calling the airline, which it seems some have tried to do. Unfortunately, when I tried to call the airline originally, they won't help me since I booked through Chase. So, if I know the airline will do it, then I can push Chase to do it, but would like to know for sure that Qatar allows it.

My flight is in a little over a month (early Nov)...I give it a 10% chance of me being allowed in, and that is being super generous. I had two flights booked at the same time on different airlines to different cities, and my DFW-HKG on AA was just canceled as they still aren't flying the route. I'm going to give it a few days and see if anybody is able to make the change...if not, and I've got a few hours to kill...I'll give chase a call and go through the ringer with them to try to rebook same itin for sometime next summer. I won't complicate it by changing out BKK. Fingers crossed.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Andrew35K
Does borders being closed constitute an ”involuntary change”, enabling for a date and destination change without fare difference?
Yes...but it seems they are waiting until at about a week or so before your flight to allow that option. Others have posted about trying to change a month out and were not allowed under involuntary as the situation could change. I think one person posted about Qatar saying they needed to call back when it was under 7 days, but can't be 100% on that timeframe.

Editing to say that was under old policy...not sure if that bleeds over to new policy for rebooking into 2021...there are no data points that I'm aware of for those of us that booked prior to Oct. 1st and had previously been required to complete travel by end of 2020.
NWplatinum and Andrew35K like this.

Last edited by Mrgolfer21; Oct 1, 2020 at 11:14 am Reason: update info
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:49 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Oops, that is true. Although the Operational Routes section could be useful for other regions other than the Asian peninsula.
The lack of specificity could work to customers' advantage! I wonder if this well be left up to agent interpretation or if QR will add this info to the offer T&C?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:50 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
There were several cases here in FlyerTalk when a member benefitted from a QRPC privilege ( such as lounge via QRPC, extra baggage via QRPC, etc... ) and tried to credit to another program, even though if they had their other OW program listed on their boarding pass, they had their miles credited to QRPC.
Interesting. Thanks.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
I have now updated the thread with the PDF version of Extending Our Commitment policy.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 12:36 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
this +1.

can someone address that as I have a feeling a large part of this group is in this boat. My flight is LAX-DOH-BKK and back for late November.

When can we rebook to next year. Can I move it to Cambodia since the new terms say ANY new destination? QR is not helpful and their employees don’t know the new rules and Twitter agents are clueless.

Does anyone have a definitive answer to Mrgolfer21’s question?
This is the exact same issue I am struggling with! I spoke to two people on the phone earlier on today and they both have said different things. I am currently booked into (R) and I am being told that if I extend the validity of my ticket for two years and rebook into another (R) class then I may have to pay the fare difference! Any suggestions from anyone?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL DM
Has anyone had any recent luck doing an online refund request for a cancelled flight?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:38 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
Yes...but it seems they are waiting until at about a week or so before your flight to allow that option. Others have posted about trying to change a month out and were not allowed under involuntary as the situation could change. I think one person posted about Qatar saying they needed to call back when it was under 7 days, but can't be 100% on that timeframe.

Editing to say that was under old policy...not sure if that bleeds over to new policy for rebooking into 2021...there are no data points that I'm aware of for those of us that booked prior to Oct. 1st and had previously been required to complete travel by end of 2020.
I'm one of those who posted. QR didn't cancel my reservation until around 7 days before departure. My destination is DOHA by the way for the record.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 2:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Tried to move my reservation from MUC to MLE from 12/20 to 07/20. Booked one of the Medical Free Tickets. They refuse to rebook. Even the T&C of the Medical tickets say that travel has to be completed by 31.03.2021 I thought the Book with Confidence policy would allow changes until 31.12.2021 as this policy is valid for all tickets.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Similar thing (but TK/LH) happened a couple of times. A solution was on leaving the lounge to get the desk agent to make sure the system information aligned with my preferences.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 3:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Finally got through to Qatar today after 45 minutes on hold. I wanted to change a booking (involuntary cancellation) from this year to next. First was told that it had to be done this year to which I informed the agent of the new rules. I was put on hold for 15 minutes while she looked up the new rules and then proceeded with the changes. First, I asked for a change of origin within 500 miles, which was done (CPH to PRG) but at the last minute she decided to check with her supervisor and the change of origin wasn't allowed.

So, end result was the ticket was changed to next year at no cost, with no change in origin or destination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.