Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
What sort of meals can I expect when flying Long-Haul Business?
The Business Class meals served are of a far higher quality than those served by most other airlines.
This thread contains photos of actual Menus and/or Wine Lists as well as photos of the food. Discussion about Business Class food is to be found at business class food discussion

What is the menu for my flight?
Look at the index below and see if there is a recent menu for your flight.

There is no menu for my flight. What do I do?
If you are unable to find a menu relevant to your flight, find a QR flight which departs at a similar time to yours, and of a similar length.

Can I rely upon these menus being available when I fly?
No for a number of reasons
1 QR change their menus frequently, so you may be in luck and find the specific options for your flight.
2 Where there is more than one flight a day to a destination the menu varies according to the time of day. Who wants breakfast on an evening flight?
3 Menus may vary from destination to destination due to flight time, number of meals served, local culture etc.

The 2019 menus can all be seen here
The 2018 menus can all be seen here
The 2017 menus can all be seen here
The 2016 menus can all be seen here.
Menus from earlier are mostly using another meals service system and cannot be used to understand the current menus.
Print Wikipost

QR J Menus 2020

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
QR328 LGW - DOH 1405 - 2345

Smoked duck with radicchio and pineapple compote

Mushroom soup

Bresaola

Beef fillet

Chocolate and orange pudding

Impressed with this. Very rounded and fruity. Similar to LP rosé

Quite old world in style whilst still being Cali. V good.

Delicious! Great to see a proper top shelf Cru classé again. I may have had a bottle or more ....

Really refreshing, whilst still being noticeably a dessert wine. Dare I say it, but better than a Sauternes at this stage of lunch?

I can’t remember much about this or the cheese, although the port was better than the cheese!

EDIT: apologies for the wine list and menu orientation.
jeroen100 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 3:54 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Thank you for posting the wine list.
I think the Batailley 2011 could be in a first class cabine
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by SENNINHA
Thank you for posting the wine list.
I think the Batailley 2011 could be in a first class cabine
It was top notch, not quite drinking to its full potential at 40,000ft but still great. My heart did a little leap of joy when I spotted it on the list. Fingers crossed for my return on Thursday.
SENNINHA likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:13 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
QR831 BKKDOH 9:25-13:05 yesterday

Breakfast menu

Light Options

Snack Platter

Both of us took Chef Ian Kittichai´s creation (available only on flights from BKK : The Braised beef short ribs was very good

Mike had the Lamb medallion and Scallop spring roll

Before landing, I had the Minilemon eclair and Scallop spring roll. The spring roll did not have the scallop taste though

QR 171 DOHARN 15:40-20:10 yesterday

A la carte

The scallop was perfect

The tomato soup was very good as well

Panfried prawns with pesto

The Braised Australian lamb belly was perfect

Cheese

Warm dulce de leche lava cake
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ thefilipinotraveler - that’s a great set of photos, thanks.

In particular your DOH-ARN sector shows a very high standard of presentation by QR’s caterers and then CC - a standard which some airlines would struggle to match in F class - let alone a (much larger) J cabin ! And it’s not just about presentation, but the overall quality of QR’s food & drink offering (based on a fair bit of personal experience) is also consistently good.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 1:46 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by subject2load
In particular your DOH-ARN sector shows a very high standard of presentation by QR’s caterers and then CC - a standard which some airlines would struggle to match in F class - let alone a (much larger) J cabin ! And it’s not just about presentation, but the overall quality of QR’s food & drink offering (based on a fair bit of personal experience) is also consistently good.
Presentation QR have indeed got down to a tee. However, I find that whilst half of the time or more QR catering is indeed remarkably good for J, I don't agree the quality is consistently good - I've had some very tasteless dishes in QR J also. Breakfast in particular is almost always poor if you don't order the Arabic breakfast.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:49 pm

Interesting. I am tired of the Arabic breakfast, and also with the congee and omelette. Now I always order a special meal for a breakfast flight leaving from Doha.
thinkingallowed likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:02 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
@thefilipinotraveler Dang, that lamb belly looks amazing! I just pre-ordered for an upcoming DOH-JFK flight (albeit on the website it’s listed as just braised lamb belly and not braised *australian* lamb belly, so fingers crossed it’s as good haha). I was worried it was going to be a run of the mill biriyani dish (which QR does well, but I’m kinda sick of them), but this def seems like a step up. Good stuff!
Old Jan 25, 2020, 7:59 am

Atl-doh 1/24/20

enjoyed the salmon and crab cakes. My wife liked the chicken.
Carfield likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Yanshuf
Interesting. I am tired of the Arabic breakfast, and also with the congee and omelette. Now I always order a special meal for a breakfast flight leaving from Doha.
which one do you recommend?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:13 am

At the moment, a Hindu meal. But I will be trying a vegetarian breakfast on my next flight.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by krispy84
It was top notch, not quite drinking to its full potential at 40,000ft but still great. My heart did a little leap of joy when I spotted it on the list. Fingers crossed for my return on Thursday.
Batailley ‘11 again on BKK - DOH and DOH - LGW last Thu/Fri. Apart from a couple of glasses of the Gosset Rosé and some Riesling with my starter, it was the Batailley all the way.
SENNINHA likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 12:09 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
I am flying in April from ZRH to DOH with departure at 09:15AM, as I understand with this depature time the menu will be Breakfast only? also, what to expect on flights of around 2.5-3 hours on QR in Business Class on the A320 fleet?
Old Jan 26, 2020, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
QR 10 - LHR - DOH at 0900

Can someone confirm that they now serve lunch in J on this departure rather than breakfast?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by Yanshuf
Can't offer a definite answer, but Sri Lankan airlines offer decent meals on their Biz Class. If you start the journey in CMB and you have booked directly with them, there is a large number of meals for pre-selection. Does Qatar feel that they have to offer smething similar, especially because they have a codeshare agreement with Sri Lankan? On our specific flight, the vast majority of passengers just wanted to sleep. Even when they woke up, they wanted something simple like bread and butter rather than a full meal. I am hoping to do a daytime flight on this leg later this year and fully sample all the meal choices.
The dinners on this leg tend to be excellent (even better before the cheese course was removed). The 9pm or 10am flights are best for meals.
Yanshuf likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.