Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
What sort of meals can I expect when flying Long-Haul Business?
The Business Class meals served are of a far higher quality than those served by most other airlines.
This thread contains photos of actual Menus and/or Wine Lists as well as photos of the food. Discussion about Business Class food is to be found at business class food discussion

What is the menu for my flight?
Look at the index below and see if there is a recent menu for your flight.

There is no menu for my flight. What do I do?
If you are unable to find a menu relevant to your flight, find a QR flight which departs at a similar time to yours, and of a similar length.

Can I rely upon these menus being available when I fly?
No for a number of reasons
1 QR change their menus frequently, so you may be in luck and find the specific options for your flight.
2 Where there is more than one flight a day to a destination the menu varies according to the time of day. Who wants breakfast on an evening flight?
3 Menus may vary from destination to destination due to flight time, number of meals served, local culture etc.

The 2019 menus can all be seen here
The 2018 menus can all be seen here
The 2017 menus can all be seen here
The 2016 menus can all be seen here.
Menus from earlier are mostly using another meals service system and cannot be used to understand the current menus.
Print Wikipost

QR J Menus 2020

Old Jan 1, 2020, 1:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
QR J Menus 2020

12/23 QR 764 YUL-DOH 2000-1605 777-300

Carfield likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
12/24 QR 830 DOH-BKK 2025-0655 777-300

Old Jan 1, 2020, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

12/30 QR 837 BKK-DOH 0145-0525 777-300

Carfield likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 1:25 pm

Perfect. Thanks for posting....we will be on two of these flights in early February. YUL > DOH and DOH > BKK.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 5:25 pm

Thanks for all the menu pics
Can someone kindly advise if they'll make any mocktails such as virgin mojito, pina colada etc? Couldn't see them on the drinks menus.
aztimm likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
12/23 QR 764 YUL-DOH 2000-1605 777-300

Were they serving the LP Rose on all of your flights?
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Aston100
Can someone kindly advise if they'll make any mocktails such as virgin mojito, pina colada etc? Couldn't see them on the drinks menus.
Yes, they will as long as they have the ingredients. You may well have to advise them on quantities, as they don't carry recipes.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Aston100
See post #333 for the mocktail menu (5th image).
Old Jan 4, 2020, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Were they serving the LP Rose on all of your flights?
They were indeed and I'm proud to say I drank it on all four flights
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:16 pm

QR 905 MEL-DOHA 1st Jan

Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:48 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
JFK - DOH QR 704 January 1, 2020

Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mikehenrys
QR 905 MEL-DOHA 1st Jan

Colour me impressed, not a chicken sausage in sight! Now if only the home caterers could use this imagination ex-Doha.
purple1addict likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:09 am

Programs: Baec
Breakfast out of BKK this morning was the usual Arabic, Congee or poached eggs with beef hash. When I said I didn't want any of them the staff expressed surprise that I didn't want the latter as it was the most popular. I said that I thought most people were choosing it as it wasn't the other two and asked which country or region had beef hash as a typical breakfast dish. They couldn't answer.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by thinkingallowed
... asked which country or region had beef hash as a typical breakfast dish. They couldn't answer.
North America
Old Jan 7, 2020, 3:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by thinkingallowed
Breakfast out of BKK this morning was the usual Arabic, Congee or poached eggs with beef hash. When I said I didn't want any of them the staff expressed surprise that I didn't want the latter as it was the most popular. I said that I thought most people were choosing it as it wasn't the other two and asked which country or region had beef hash as a typical breakfast dish. They couldn't answer.
Can you get the poached eggs without the hash? I don't eat beef, but would eat the eggs on toast (on Qantas they had someone making fresh poached eggs).

I remember when I was a kid sometimes seeing (and maybe eating) corned beef hash for breakfast. It is more of a diner item; you certainly wouldn't see it on the menu of a 4-5 star restaurant.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.