Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crediting flight to AA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2019, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Crediting flight to AA

Sorry, I have a major brain freeze here but just need to ask the question. I have a return flight on QR booked for the first time and credited the miles to AA as it is close to home at least but don't actually fly One World.

With that being said would this flight show up on my American Airlines App? For some reason I thought there were times when I book Air Canada and post my flights to my United Frequent Flyer #, the flight shows up on my United App.

If it doesn't show up, not a big deal just want to make sure that they are being credited to AA. I don't see it anywhere else on our eticket etc., that represents a Frequent Flyer #? or is it somewhere and I'm not looking hard enough!
Old Dec 29, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
If you booked your QR flights through Qatar and entered your AA FF number the flights will not appear on the AA app or in your AA.com account. They should appear in the QR app or at their website after you provide the QR PNR.

Qatar Airways and AA ended their codeshare agreement in 2018, so you generally won't be able to book flights on QR metal through AA.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Is there anywhere on Qatar's website that would let me change the mileage credit to another airline, or at least let me confirm that I did enter my AA FF number back when I booked the flights months ago? Can't seem to find anything.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

10-4 Thanks for the clarification. I won't worry about it then and will just assume that they will get credited to my AA account. I will double check and ask or log into the website to see if I notice it. Thanks.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Bago'peanuts
Is there anywhere on Qatar's website that would let me change the mileage credit to another airline, or at least let me confirm that I did enter my AA FF number back when I booked the flights months ago? Can't seem to find anything.
On the Qatarairways.com site pull up your itinerary using your PNR. Then under the "Manage Flight" header on the right side of the page click on "Update Passenger Details".

This will show you what FF info is entered in the reservation and give you the opportunity to change it.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
On the Qatarairways.com site pull up your itinerary using your PNR. Then under the "Manage Flight" header on the right side of the page click on "Update Passenger Details".

This will show you what FF info is entered in the reservation and give you the opportunity to change it.
Thanks! That is exactly what I unsuccessfully attempted to find earlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.