Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The QR Movie 'Like Never Before'

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: Qatar PC,Iberia
A little hope about great offers please!!!!!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by ptalegui
For a mere 87,3 QCredits you will now get an answer from [email protected] before you arrive home from the flight you had questions about?

-A
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by ptalegui
Just look how they announced the August 2017 sale, the November 2017 sale and currently the Iraqi premium sale.

„Experience luxury like never before“ has been used in the past when announcing premium sales.

My bet is on an upcoming premium sale (not saying it will be great). Hint: The URL of the website they are using to advertise the „new“ campaign has the word „offers“ in it.

Last edited by creflo; Jan 3, 2019 at 2:55 pm
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Apparently they are going to have a sale “like never before” on January 17. Just saw somebody post a screenshot from the app in a Facebook group advertising it:

Edit: Looks like it’s also on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/qatarairways/sta...246430720?s=21

They want us to sign up here:
http://bit.ly/2GPm3Io

(I couldn’t verify this since I’m on a plane with limited connectivity.)
Given I did not see a "western" letter in that show twitter video I am betting that this never before campaign has to do with service to China only
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:00 pm

Menus will be in Arabic and Chinese only...
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Oneworld QRexit?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
If it is the annual-sale, then it's starting a week too late IMO, and I doubt (but would love to be proven wrong !) that it is an attempt to reverse lower-loads by returning to competitive-pricing in Economy.

My money would be on China, and boosting routes/numbers through code-sharing with China-Southern, which makes good sense !
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
Menus will be in Arabic and Chinese only...
Menus for premium cabins will be neon lit on all China routes from 31st of March in response to overwhelming customer demand.
more4less likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Went to signup for this offer, but unfortunately not for Dutch people it seems...or perhaps Qatar have forgotten to list Amsterdam in the preferred departure airport. The latter seems more likely. I chose Brussels and enrolled anyways
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Richard Bell
If it is the annual-sale, then it's starting a week too late IMO, and I doubt (but would love to be proven wrong !) that it is an attempt to reverse lower-loads by returning to competitive-pricing in Economy.

My money would be on China, and boosting routes/numbers through code-sharing with China-Southern, which makes good sense !
Scandinavia-DOH-SouthAsia, 535 eur, return in Economy now. It's bare bones. Are you talking bare discounter pricing levels without the food or baggage? no chance
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:20 am

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Originally Posted by Gobber
Scandinavia-DOH-SouthAsia, 535 eur, return in Economy now. It's bare bones. Are you talking bare discounter pricing levels without the food or baggage? no chance
Please don't even mention no-baggage/no-seat-reservation on here, they might be listening, and take you seriously !

I fly regularly between the UK & Thailand, two of QR's biggest markets where they've been adding extra flights/capacity recently, and have just today booked (for example) LHR-BKK-CNX end-June, returning mid-September, for £539 on Thai International. The cheapest flights available on QR, with an extra stop along-the-way and using LGW which they're discounting to fill three new daily-flights, currently costs £683 with most alternatives using LHR costing significantly more.

BA offered their no-seat/no-hold-luggage option to Bangkok over Christmas at £420 return. And remember that's non-stop, like Thai International, past the Middle-East ! In exchange for the stop/change half-way, Qatar really ought to be under-cutting the direct-flights, wouldn't you agree ?

I'm genuinely glad you're finding good prices out of Scandinavia, however with Qatar out of the UK & Thailand you really have to look long-and-hard to find fares which are even vaguely competitive, and as-a-result they're flying with poor load-factors. Their on-board product is good, their pricing simply isn't, so they're driving business away when they really cannot afford to.

Last edited by Richard Bell; Jan 4, 2019 at 7:52 am
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:16 am

As far as I've heard a new sales should start on Monday in Europe. Some sweet spots as always (Scandinavia-SE Asia).
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: qr
Originally Posted by Swiss Kiwiking
As far as I've heard a new sales should start on Monday in Europe. Some sweet spots as always (Scandinavia-SE Asia).
any evidence or data points to what you have heard ? Cheers tav 1989
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by tav1989
any evidence or data points to what you have heard ?
That would actually be in line with the last few years' timing, give or take.
Then again, since the embargo started, there is a very obvious downward drift regarding sales, so let's probably not deduct too much from that.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:58 pm

I know someone who works for QR at a european outstaion. It's a european if not a global sales campaign.
tav1989 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.