Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Experience in Tunis

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by SRG
I've posted the menu pics for QR1399 here
Thanks a lot for posting the menu for QR 1399. Do you have some pics of the meals? is it the new tableware with candle? thanks a lot in advance I will be greatful if you can post the menu or pics from your QR 1400 as well
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:22 pm
SRG

Programs: KM Flypass, Qatar, Emirates
Originally Posted by tokyolyon
Thanks a lot for posting the menu for QR 1399. Do you have some pics of the meals? is it the new tableware with candle? thanks a lot in advance I will be greatful if you can post the menu or pics from your QR 1400 as well
I predicted this might happen ;-)

I didn't take any pics of the meal or the menu on the QR1400, I'm sorry. But I'm 99% sure it was the same setting with the candle

One bit of advice, which you may already know - get onboard early if you have some hand luggage. I think its crazy the 787s only have side overhead bins, so the middle seats need to use them as well. After I'd boarded the window passenger near me filled the whole bin (and another one) with his duty free.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by SRG
I predicted this might happen ;-)

I didn't take any pics of the meal or the menu on the QR1400, I'm sorry. But I'm 99% sure it was the same setting with the candle

One bit of advice, which you may already know - get onboard early if you have some hand luggage. I think its crazy the 787s only have side overhead bins, so the middle seats need to use them as well. After I'd boarded the window passenger near me filled the whole bin (and another one) with his duty free.
Waw finally I can now book my flights with Qatar happily Really thanks a lot for the pic and for the advice. I will surely take it into account. The new menu is better than the old one with more light options to choose from cant be happier
Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Very informative thread, thanks

Someone mentioned they have a transfer desk who will retrieve boarding passes. Anyone have further experience with this?

Seems like it might be a good option since I wont have checked bags.
Can you please give the correct link to the thread?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by SRG
I've travelled this route a few times (as per this thread) and am on my way back to Tunis this evening (from Buenos Aires).

I'm pretty sure the 'candles' were on the outgoing flight a few weeks ago, but will check on the way back (on Thursday).
Can you please provide us with the correct link to the thread?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:57 pm

Flying EK from DXB to TUN and connecting to QR on a separate ticket. I was curious if anyone has experience or tips transiting in TUN to QR?

Im particularly curious if I can print the boarding pass before hand as I will only have hand luggage so I'd prefer not to go through immigration if I can avoid it.
I will be grateful if you can share the menus for the Tunis flights ( QR1400&QR1399). If you can include some pics that would be awesome. Thanks in advance and safe travel
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:12 am
SRG

Programs: KM Flypass, Qatar, Emirates
Can you please provide us with the correct link to the thread?
That link works correctly for me?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by SRG
That link works correctly for me?
It works well now
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
I will be grateful if you can share the menus for the Tunis flights ( QR1400&QR1399). If you can include some pics that would be awesome. Thanks in advance and safe travel
Will definitely try and get some menu pics

If anyone has more Tunis tips or recent experience I'd be grateful to hear it
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:27 am

Will definitely try and get some menu pics

If anyone has more Tunis tips or recent experience I'd be grateful to hear it
Will be great if you can share some photos of the food and the table layout

I guess that you will be arriving at 13:15 on EK747 right? Since you don't have checked in baggage you wont need long time to reach the check in counters. After you get out of the arrivals hall, take the stairs or the elevator to the departures floor. go straight to the end of it ( you will pass by the Tunis air check in counters, emirates,...etc) At the end of the floor you will find the QR check in counters( same counters used by sky team airlines). I am not really sure but at at certain period of time they had dedicated immigration counter for first and business class passengers. After you clear immigration and security check to Tunis air's espace privilege ( business class lounge). There, you can find refreshments and drinks. its very basic though. I forgot to tell you, since the beginning of this week they stopped all the air conditioners for maintenance till the end of December. So I don't know how the tempreture will be inside the terminal.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Will be great if you can share some photos of the food and the table layout

I guess that you will be arriving at 13:15 on EK747 right? Since you don't have checked in baggage you wont need long time to reach the check in counters. After you get out of the arrivals hall, take the stairs or the elevator to the departures floor. go straight to the end of it ( you will pass by the Tunis air check in counters, emirates,...etc) At the end of the floor you will find the QR check in counters( same counters used by sky team airlines). I am not really sure but at at certain period of time they had dedicated immigration counter for first and business class passengers. After you clear immigration and security check to Tunis air's espace privilege ( business class lounge). There, you can find refreshments and drinks. its very basic though. I forgot to tell you, since the beginning of this week they stopped all the air conditioners for maintenance till the end of December. So I don't know how the tempreture will be inside the terminal.
Ya I'll be on that EK flight. Hopefully immigration won't be too long.

Will I have to leave the building and go outside to reach the departures floor, or are there stairs or an elevator inside the complex?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:13 pm

Ya I'll be on that EK flight. Hopefully immigration won't be too long.

Will I have to leave the building and go outside to reach the departures floor, or are there stairs or an elevator inside the complex?
Hopefully not. EK747 arrives ahead of its scheduled time so I guess that you will have no issue in terms of connecting time. No need to leave the building as its all inside the same complex.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Wanted to thank everyone for the tips The experience could not have been simpler

As mentioned there is a separate transfer area right after you exit the plane, but unless you already have a boarding pass and don't have to pickup luggage, it's really.not much help. The staff there doesn't seem keen on getting your boarding pass in a timely manner.

At immigration I used the diplomatic channel lane without issue both times, and the airport itself is very small and quick to get around.

All in all I had 3hrs to kill in the priority pass lounge

Here are some images of the dinner presentation on my QR flight from Tunis

Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:36 pm

Glad to know that everything went smooth in Tunis. Thanks a lot for the pics. It looks really nice with the new tableware. Do you have the menu for QR1400?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Glad to know that everything went smooth in Tunis. Thanks a lot for the pics. It looks really nice with the new tableware. Do you have the menu for QR1400?
​​​​​​Oh no sorry I forgot to get those. Will try and get a few pics later this month on the return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.