Wiki Posts
Search

QR Family member Nomination?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
QR Family member Nomination?

My family members are flying long haul only once per year and usually their points get expired without possibility of using, I decided of pooling them as my family members to my QRPC account. And here start the problems...In the past I ever tried to nominate my wife and my mother but always failed as there were no way for me to attach the "legal document" to prove the relationship, as file was always rejected.

After some years not traveling QR I happily found a good deal in J for my family to my usual fall trip to Europe. In this occasion I'm trying with online Family Nomination again, who knows the technical issues years ago are now solved; about my wife I attach PDF copy of weeding certificate (issued by civil authority and dual language English included), the web site reject it as stating file is too big, no problem, I resize and attach it again, finally file and request are sent and I receive the automatic respond that request will be verified soon.

After 3 days I got an email from QRPC as follow:

"Dear Mr XXXX

Thank you for submitting your family nomination request.

Unfortunately, your family nomination request has been declined due to the following reason:

Reason - Kindly, provide Main member’s birth certificate."

Birth certificate for Family Member nomination? is this a prank? I'm an expat, how can I get a birth certificate easily? but even I was in my own country I refuse to go to my municipality office asking for a certificate to just apply for a FFP, even more QRPC credit a miser 25% miles for Burgundy tier. Am I applying for a house loan maybe?

It seems they just try to discourage such kind of requests, I cannot understand such level of bureaucracy just for a Family nomination, even with EY Guest (as for sure they do not have the best IT and customer support out there) it wasn't so complicated, just applied on line and running immediately and they credit 100% miles even for basic members.

I'm still looking forward for my first J trip with QR but this case make me doubt a lot about PC reliability and quality approach to their customers.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
At the moment Privilege Club is trying hard to become one of the worst FF program around..
GalaxyChris and Traveller999 like this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Lololololol, I had the same email when I attempted to place my wife’s parents on her Privilege Club as family. QR did not accept our documents (marriage certificate that explained her change in last name, nor her birth certificate). After that, I gave up. Also, good luck using the QCredits. This year all 60 of mine will end up expiring. At some point, you’d think someone in the Privilege Program office would take a look at the Platinum members and see what percentage of them have requested upgrades but been granted none. Add in the Bullsht x2 mile redemption and they are creating a perfect storm for people to just walk away...
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Lololololol, I had the same email when I attempted to place my wife’s parents on her Privilege Club as family. QR did not accept our documents (marriage certificate that explained her change in last name, nor her birth certificate). After that, I gave up. Also, good luck using the QCredits. This year all 60 of mine will end up expiring. At some point, you’d think someone in the Privilege Program office would take a look at the Platinum members and see what percentage of them have requested upgrades but been granted none. Add in the Bullsht x2 mile redemption and they are creating a perfect storm for people to just walk away...
I am quite sure, that someone is looking into that matter. But with implementing such cuts in benenfits and services, hte result should be a calculated one. So in my opinion QR WANTS us (loyal frequent travelers) to leave, for what reason ever...I do not have any other explanation for such a behaviour...
Back to topic - QRPC accepted a copy of my sonīs birth certificate to nominate him as family member. The miles for his Europe - Asia trip in Biz were credited without any problem to my account. The only problem now is, to spend the miles ;-)

Last edited by Traveller999; Mar 20, 2018 at 12:06 am
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BobFF68
My family members are flying long haul only once per year and usually their points get expired without possibility of using, I decided of pooling them as my family members to my QRPC account. And here start the problems...In the past I ever tried to nominate my wife and my mother but always failed as there were no way for me to attach the "legal document" to prove the relationship, as file was always rejected.

After some years not travelling QR I happily found a good deal in J for my family to my usual fall trip to Europe.
<snip>
I'm still looking forward for my first J trip with QR but this case make me doubt a lot about PC reliability and quality approach to their customers.
BA have house hold accounts. 3 x J would be a good earner.
QF allow free transfer of ff points between eligible (family) members. But is a poor ffp

https://www.wheretocredit.com/qatar-airways/j
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:03 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Damn! I'm glad my request went through very smoothly. I added my mom and as proof attached a pdf copy of my passport where it stated her as my mother on the last page.
Traveller999 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.