Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR website said "business class not available on one segment"

Old Mar 18, 18, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz and Best Western, a free agent in all other respects

I'm holding JFK-SIN-JFK with a stopover in DOH. Yellow box at the top of the page said something like in the title. But all the flights say business class (R). They don't let you choose a seat until after paying for the ticket, I guess, which might give me some clue. I know I have to call tomorrow but thought I'd see what FT thought. Thx
Old Mar 19, 18, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by Bow Rider View Post
I'm holding JFK-SIN-JFK with a stopover in DOH. Yellow box at the top of the page said something like in the title. But all the flights say business class (R). They don't let you choose a seat until after paying for the ticket, I guess, which might give me some clue. I know I have to call tomorrow but thought I'd see what FT thought. Thx
That warning often comes up. In fact a don't remember a booking process without it.

It means what is says, and might refer to any one of the available combination of online and code-share connecting options. If you select flights that clearly show business on all sectors you should have no more worries other than the regular concerns of QR travel.
Old Mar 19, 18, 4:06 am
Ritz-Carlton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold
As IAN-UK has pointed out, it is nothing to worry about.

When you search for flights, multi-city flights most often subject to this, you'll be presented with many flight options. Some of those options include flights that don't appear to have (or sell) Business class fares. If you pick flights combinations that all show Business, as you said with Business (R) then, it should not be a problem.
Old Mar 19, 18, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Very good, thanks. @IAN-UK, "the regular concerns of QR travel" refers to the blockade? I've never flown QR before but thought they were pretty good.
Old Mar 19, 18, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by Bow Rider View Post
Very good, thanks. @IAN-UK, "the regular concerns of QR travel" refers to the blockade? I've never flown QR before but thought they were pretty good.
They are pretty good in terms of comfort and service. But in these hallowed pages you'll find constant niggles about aircraft switches, schedule refinements, odd rules about this and that (e.g. what constitutes a night-flight deserving of PJs in business-class, how to dress to enter a lounge) and the legendary customer service (often dreadful, sometimes fine, with very occasional splashes of joy).
Old Mar 20, 18, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Very helpful comments, IAN-UK , much appreciated.