Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing enhanced member experience

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 9:42 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
Is this a joke ?

Qatar Airways Privilege Club Named ‘Best Rewards Programme’ in the Middle East, Asia and Oceania Region by Flyer Talk Awards

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...Press-releases
LOL.
Old May 11, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Is this a joke ?

Qatar Airways Privilege Club Named ‘Best Rewards Programme’ in the Middle East, Asia and Oceania Region by Flyer Talk Awards

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/pres...Press-releases
Well, even if QRPC is often under our expectations when it comes to customer service and award availability, what other frequent flyer programme would you put ahead for Middle East, Asia and Oceania ?
Flying Bosun likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 3:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by Matt4

Well, even if QRPC is often under our expectations when it comes to customer service and award availability, what other frequent flyer programme would you put ahead for Middle East, Asia and Oceania ?
Are you serious? Pretty much any program in existence is on this day miles ahead of QRPC.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 11:41 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by synd
Are you serious? Pretty much any program in existence is on this day miles ahead of QRPC.
Well, it depends what's the most important for you in a ffp. For me it's the possibility to get status on a major alliance without need to fly or spend too much money and earning a lot of miles and getting award flights only paying real taxes (no fuel or other surcharge). I would be more than happy to know there's one better ffp for that in Middle East, Asia or Oceania...
Flying Bosun likes this.
Old May 12, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Is it a joke? YES but bear in mind voting would have taken place before the lasted restrictions and they do offer better access to international airlines than the others.

I would have said if you were sticking to one airline the Etihad one was better BUT unfortunately it was not enough to keep me loyal as the service went downhill
NoY likes this.
Old May 12, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by amnicoll
Is it a joke? YES but bear in mind voting would have taken place before the lasted restrictions and they do offer better access to international airlines than the others.ll
Indeed.. It was a very good program.. But with the new enhancement it went downhill. Interesting.. If they use FT awards as a marketing strategy it means that we have a voices. Perhaps its time give awards to the most devaluated FFP
synd, GalaxyChris and Traveller999 like this.
Old May 12, 2018, 8:07 am

Indeed.. It was a very good program.. But with the new enhancement it went downhill. Interesting.. If they use FT awards as a marketing strategy it means that we have a voices. Perhaps its time give awards to the most devaluated FFP
It went downhill with the drastic decline of award availability. The "enhanced member experience" just added insult to injury with it's cynical name.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 10:37 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
Still nothing has happened. Flights are later this month. I wasn’t sure I had done the right thing by crediting my current bookings to BAEC from herein....but now......
Finally. Points re-credited yesterday15 May.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: Tesco Clubcard, Heathrow Rewards, M&S Sparks, Caffč Nero, HSBC rewards... BAEC defector
Has anyone had difficulties with redeeming Qmiles award flights recently? It's my first time trying since the new system came into play, and this online redemption thing is really annoying. No reply or any indication of receipt of my request until nearly 2 weeks after I submitted a request online. And now my miles have finally been deducted/blocked, but 1 week has gone, and no further information on whether it will be successful or not... obviously, I haven't been contacted regarding payment of taxes and surcharges and stuff yet... it's just all really slow and opaque. (Online enquiries aren't really answered regularly either, it seems)
Old May 16, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by 07L 25R
Has anyone had difficulties with redeeming Qmiles award flights recently? It's my first time trying since the new system came into play, and this online redemption thing is really annoying. No reply or any indication of receipt of my request until nearly 2 weeks after I submitted a request online. And now my miles have finally been deducted/blocked, but 1 week has gone, and no further information on whether it will be successful or not... obviously, I haven't been contacted regarding payment of taxes and surcharges and stuff yet... it's just all really slow and opaque. (Online enquiries aren't really answered regularly either, it seems)
well, yesterday i booked an econmoy flight from EU-BKK-EU with cash. before i checked if upgrade is possible. it was.
after booking i logged into my PC account and tried to upgrade the complete flight. one part with QCredits the other with miles. upgrade was done real time. when i requested the upgrade i could see already that it was possible. they send me a one-time-passwort for confirmation and the upgrade was done yesterday in real time for the complete flight EU-BKK-EU from economy to business. ticket send same time. all upgrade process finished within few minutes online in real time

Last edited by Crisu69; May 16, 2018 at 4:28 am
Old May 16, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
Finally. Points re-credited yesterday15 May.
Good news for you.

So it took Qatar Airways 23 days to process your award ticket cancellation while they advertise a max processing time of 4 working days.

Pathetic. ...
Traveller999 likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 10:26 am
NoY

Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Good news for you.

So it took Qatar Airways 23 days to process your award ticket cancellation while they advertise a max processing time of 4 working days.

Pathetic. ...
Old May 20, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
30 april I contacted QR to cancel 2 award ticket, still nothing... contacted QRPC last week to complain, still nothing happened.

What will happend if I need to cancel close to the flight date ? Forfeit my miles ?
Old May 20, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
30 april I contacted QR to cancel 2 award ticket, still nothing... contacted QRPC last week to complain, still nothing happened.

What will happend if I need to cancel close to the flight date ? Forfeit my miles ?
Hopefully not, but who knows? ?

QRPC awful customer service doesn't seem to improve..
Old May 21, 2018, 5:23 am

New enhancements coming effective 27 May - including adjustments to qpoints earning levels and a per sector booking fee on new redemptions...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.