FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Introducing enhanced member experience (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1895657-introducing-enhanced-member-experience.html)

beepee Feb 25, 2018 9:19 am

Introducing enhanced member experience

We are moving everything online

As part of our continued efforts to enhance your online experience with us, we have listened to your feedback and are introducing steps to make managing your Privilege Club account online ever more seamless.

We have recently implemented a number of features and functionalities such as a new user friendly website, digital membership card, online redemption for hotel stays, earning miles with our online shopping portal Akruu and many more.

Effective 2 March 2018, as part of these ongoing improvements, we are pleased to announce you will be able to do all of your account activities online. This includes:• Booking your award tickets
• Profile updates
• Excess baggage
• Refunds
• Nominating family members
• Cabin upgrades
• Award ticket date changes
• and much more
Managing your Privilege Club account has never been easier.

To enhance the security of your account, we have added the additional requirement of registering your current email address and mobile number with us from this date. Without these details you will not be able to redeem Qmiles from your account and will be required to update your information before you can proceed.

In line with these enhancements from 11 March 2018, we will no longer be supporting these account activities through our ticketing offices, contact centres or any other offline channels.

To find out more about our new enhancements click here.

​​​​​​​

delfindo Feb 25, 2018 9:21 am

It's a joke for QCredits. Old process = find award availability for Qcredit upgrades, call Qatar, book flight and redeem Qcredits at the same time.

New process: Book flight, submit request, wait and get back "sorry, we can't fulfill your request at this time". hahahahah

synd Feb 25, 2018 9:24 am

One more nail in the coffin: 'We are moving everything online'

Just got this email from PC:

As part of our continued efforts to enhance your online experience with us, we have listened to your feedback and are introducing steps to make managing your Privilege Club account online ever more seamless.

We have recently implemented a number of features and functionalities such as a new user friendly website, digital membership card, online redemption for hotel stays, earning miles with our online shopping portal Akruu and many more.

Effective 2 March 2018, as part of these ongoing improvements, we are pleased to announce you will be able to do all of your account activities online. This includes:• Booking your award tickets
• Profile updates
• Excess baggage
• Refunds
• Nominating family members
• Cabin upgrades
• Award ticket date changes
• and much more
Managing your Privilege Club account has never been easier.

To enhance the security of your account, we have added the additional requirement of registering your current email address and mobile number with us from this date. Without these details you will not be able to redeem Qmiles from your account and will be required to update your information before you can proceed.

In line with these enhancements from 11 March 2018, we will no longer be supporting these account activities through our ticketing offices, contact centres or any other offline channels.

To find out more about our new enhancements click here.

We look forward to welcoming you on board soon.

Sincerely,
Privilege Club

Underlining is mine and is the part that scares me. If I understand correctly, that means you won't be able to redeem an award on OW, get an upgrade processed immediately on the phone, etc....

hotwingz Feb 25, 2018 9:29 am

Originally Posted by delfindo (Post 29456655)
It's a joke for QCredits. Old process = find award availability for Qcredit upgrades, call Qatar, book flight and redeem Qcredits at the same time.

New process: Book flight, submit request, wait and get back "sorry, we can't fulfill your request at this time". hahahahah

Indeed, I imagine it being even worse...
"sorry, we can't fulfill your request at this time, but please check at the airport at check-in" --> "sorry, this airport does not have the authority to process upgrades"

Dr. HFH Feb 25, 2018 9:53 am

Online refunds is a huge enhancement, IMO. I had to cancel a QRPC miles award redemption ticket last year, and it was the most convoluted process I've ever experienced. IIRC canceling the rezzie, refunding taxes and fees to my credit card, and having the miles reinstated were all separate tasks, each of which required a telephone call to QRPC. And they had to be handled sequentially. i.e., I couldn't even request that the miles be put back into my account until the entire tax/fee refund process was complete. While I love the QR onboard product and I've had excellent experiences with Customer Service and QRPC telephone support, this process was, by far, the most cumbersome for a mileage award ticket I've ever experienced. Yes, it all went smoothly, sort of; at least it all went exactly as it was supposed to, -- but despite my best efforts, I've been unable to imagine a more Rube Goldberg type process for cancelling a mileage award redemption ticket.

Regarding this:

... In line with these enhancements from 11 March 2018, we will no longer be supporting these account activities through our ticketing offices, contact centres or any other offline channels.
I wouldn't be surprised if QRPC PLTs can still get this stuff done on the phone. I may be wrong, of course, just my guess.

Alfredbali Feb 25, 2018 10:32 am

Don t get too excited, online refunds are already possible on QR website, but it seems the actual refund process is done manually. I m seeing those changes as very negative for all QRPC members (including platinum members)

purple1addict Feb 25, 2018 11:21 am

Well this appears to be a BA style "enhancement"...

Reading between the lines - no additional web functionality but massive removal of support services. Ugh. I wouldn't mind so much if the website allowed automated real-time upgrades - but the 3 days between requesting an upgrade and hearing back normally means the award space has disappeared in the meantime. :(

traveler_ron Feb 25, 2018 11:28 am

Do I read this well, I mean about award-tickets-enhancements? If I want to use Qmiles for my flights in July/August (e.g. yearly family trip), I will not be able anymore to plan/budget/book a few months ahead (as I usually do) but will have to wait till (maximum) 4 days before the intended flight date? ...and then to read there is absolutely no availability for award tickets for the next 4 days ....and try again the next day to hear again there are no seats available for this 'new 4th day'? Then finally having to try to book revenue tickets ... reading there no more seats available in the lower tariff classes or simply no seats at all?
Similar story about upgrades but maybe less 'painful' if more expensive economy tickets and less comfort are left aside. Quod non.

beepee Feb 25, 2018 11:35 am

You still will be able to plan these months before but the tickets will eventually only be ticketed
96 hours (4 days) from the date of your request.

delfindo Feb 25, 2018 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by beepee (Post 29457058)
You still will be able to plan these months before but the tickets will eventually only be ticketed
96 hours (4 days) from the date of your request.

Sorry, can someone explain "Please note that award ticket(s) can only be issued 96 hours (4 days) from the date of your request." to me - I am very confused.

FlyingScientist Feb 25, 2018 12:23 pm

It seems that QRPC and myself use different definitions of "online".

hotwingz Feb 25, 2018 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by delfindo (Post 29457170)
Sorry, can someone explain "Please note that award ticket(s) can only be issued 96 hours (4 days) from the date of your request." to me - I am very confused.

Does that mean no more upgrades at check-in at outstations or at the airport in Doha? :S

Crisu69 Feb 25, 2018 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by purple1addict (Post 29457011)
I wouldn't mind so much if the website allowed automated real-time upgrades - but the 3 days between requesting an upgrade and hearing back normally means the award space has disappeared in the meantime. :(

this is what i am afraid too and happen to me already with the current system and i learned from that: requested upgrade only by phone which is realtime if the seat is available

toastedcafe Feb 25, 2018 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by delfindo (Post 29457170)

Example: you order on Monday and your ticket will be issued Thursday. Thus, you must book the award at least 96 hours before your departure (similar to the new Alaska Airlines policy). However, this is just my interpretation, I could easily be completely wrong.

Richard Bell Feb 25, 2018 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by beepee (Post 29456648)
To enhance the security of your account, we have added the additional requirement of registering your current email address and mobile number with us from this date. Without these details you will not be able to redeem Qmiles from your account and will be required to update your information before you can proceed.​​​​​​

So what will the new system be, for those of us who don't HAVE a mobile-phone, I wonder ?