Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to the PHL Route

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 2:46 pm

It used to always be a morning departure. In late December, they announced a schedule change to an evening departure starting Feb 1, 2018 (but initially, that change only was efffective through late October). There was a period of a few months when flights after October 2018 were still scheduled for the the morning departure. On April 1, they updated the schedule for the flights after October to the evening departure.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:55 pm

I think most here understand that one reason for this change was to (finally) establish a reasonable PHL-DEL link. An example (November 2018) : PHL-DEL - Approx. Connection Time DOH = 3 Hours; DEL - PHL Approx. Connection Time DOH = 2 Hours.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: OneWorld, Aeroplan,StarAlliance
I connect to CMB from DOH with 50mins....
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Carl380
I connect to CMB from DOH with 50mins....
Hello, I have a similar problem. My PHL flight was booked after the schedule change to 19:55 hrs.
However, QR has slightly tinkered their schedules...where my connection to CMB became about 60 minutes. (originally, I had a 90 minute connection).
I wonder if there is any point calling QR and asking for a later CMB flight? (there seems to be multiple CMB flights per day).
Or is this change not significant enough?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:58 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by ft4lyf
Hello, I have a similar problem. My PHL flight was booked after the schedule change to 19:55 hrs.
However, QR has slightly tinkered their schedules...where my connection to CMB became about 60 minutes. (originally, I had a 90 minute connection).
I wonder if there is any point calling QR and asking for a later CMB flight? (there seems to be multiple CMB flights per day).
Or is this change not significant enough?
No harm in asking, but doubt it. Normally need +2hrs impact or else to be under MCT (55mins at DOH)
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by soy
No harm in asking, but doubt it. Normally need +2hrs impact or else to be under MCT (55mins at DOH)
Ah ok thanks! I will try calling one of these days. Yes, they made the connection just over 55 minutes!!! ..so the customer will find it tough to argue from the point of a "tight" connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.