Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to the PHL Route

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:51 am

IMO, they don't know. Airlines generally don't have a firm schedule past 4 months out. QR has only flown the revised schedule for a month. If they get to the summer and see a noticeable spike in loads/yield, I'd be surprised if they switched back.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 9:32 am

Expert Flyer just notified me that the PHL-DOH schedule has changed now for November. The flight is departing 7:55 PM now.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 9:33 am

Just got notification from Expert Flyer that my PHL-DOH flight in November was changed to evening departure at 7:55 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:07 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Interesting. So the PHL trips I booked because of the low fare even though I'm really going to BOS are going to have a >2 hour time change. Does that mean that I'll be able to change from PHL to BOS at no cost?
This is what I would like to know, what sort of changes can you get due to this 10+ hr schedule change?

Departing BOS would suit me much better, though might be a tough sell since its also an evening departure. JFK seems to have a morning departures, perhaps that will be Q-Suites by Nov?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:40 pm

I got my flt changed at no charge to JFK in the morning as I had planned to be in Doha all day before connecting. QR was really good about it
Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
Originally Posted by Grmaht
I got my flt changed at no charge to JFK in the morning as I had planned to be in Doha all day before connecting. QR was really good about it
Agreed - the Twitter reps couldn't figure out what to do with it, but a 5min phone call resolved the issue, switching to JFK with no questions asked (despite "R" bucket no longer having any seats).
Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by sombrachinesca
Agreed - the Twitter reps couldn't figure out what to do with it, but a 5min phone call resolved the issue, switching to JFK with no questions asked (despite "R" bucket no longer having any seats).
I was already going to be in DC the night before my flight, and was planning to go to PHL that night to catch my flight the next morning. They allowed me to switch to the IAD flight the night before. Interestingly, he said the policy was that you could switch to a flight within the same country OR within 500 miles. So, presumably, you might be able to switch it to LAX if you're chasing EQMs/EQDs.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerRed5
If anything, this puts more strain on the terminal facilities in the morning US departure wave. There are only a finite number of gates that have secondary screening facilities and now 100% of these will be used in the morning. If even one of these became unusable for whatever reason, the flight planned for that gate would have to be delayed as remote stands can't be used as they won't meet the requirements for secondary screening.
I think you have miscounted. There are 10 early morning US departures and 21 gates with secondary security (C1-13, D1-4 and E1-4). Even allowing for the fact that C12 and C13 might be needed for A380 handling, that still leaves 19 gates available.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:59 pm

Do the same rules apply to this on a Qmiles award ticket? Will they let you switch to another date too? I was happy to book a 1X miles ticket so I wonder if this lets you switch for the same miles to another city/date.

Last edited by ASUDan130; Apr 3, 2018 at 5:31 pm
Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DMPHL
Interestingly, he said the policy was that you could switch to a flight within the same country OR within 500 miles. So, presumably, you might be able to switch it to LAX if you're chasing EQMs/EQDs.
Wow, that first part is definitely good to know.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:05 am

I'm assuming your ticket was for Nov onward? I have a ticket in June but would much prefer Qsuites out of JFK or even ORD.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by dilvala
I'm assuming your ticket was for Nov onward? I have a ticket in June but would much prefer Qsuites out of JFK or even ORD.
Yes ticket is for November.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:19 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

My PHL flights in November are impacted by the aforementioned massive schedule change and now instead of having 20 hours layover on the outbound I have 9 hours and on the return my layover ballooned from 2.5 hours to 9 hours

This certainly will put a wrench in my +Qatar hotel bookings and complicate my thanksgiving plans (my parents live 75 mins from PHL).

Last edited by golfingboy; Apr 8, 2018 at 10:27 pm
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:12 pm

Not sure if it's a result of the time changes being better for certain connections, good upgrade offers, booked-long-ago redemptions or whatever, but FWIW QR727 DOH-PHL on 9 July was 25/36 in J. Not sure what the load was in Y. Although, I've traveled this route before, and the DOH-PHL flight had much higher loads in J than the PHL-DOH return.

Hadn't realized that the BOS flight was re-timed, as well, but both times I've taken this flight (yesterday and in May 2017 when it was a 2:00 AM departure), our gate was right next to the BOS gate.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: OneWorld, Aeroplan,StarAlliance
im flying out from PHL - Aug 15 - 855pm - thought this was the norm?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.