Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:24 am

Programs: QR, SQ, KLM
Last year I scored good prices + triple Qmiles and Qpoints in J in a Valentines Day sale.

Anyone know if that’s likely to be repeated/happens most years?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Hoppola
Last year I scored good prices + triple Qmiles and Qpoints in J in a Valentines Day sale.

Anyone know if that’s likely to be repeated/happens most years?
No guarantees, naturally, but there is usually a February sale after the January sale. Now, as for the exact offer, nobody knows. Last year, I scored a 2xQmiles and 2xQpoints promo in Feb, and then the one in September where we got to choose our bonus (either extra Qmiles, Qpoints or additional discount on airfare). But, if you're looking for Qmiles only, offer going on right now (in some markets) that gives you 5xQmiles is going to be hard to beat.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Sales from Australia, specifically PER?

As a new arrival in Australia and in the past an avid user of ARN, OSL or CPH as my starting point ex EU I am horrified at the prices if journey commences from Australia to anywhere! In some cases x4 in QR cost compared to the delights of ex the above mentioned departure points.😰😨. Is there any sales ex "down under"?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by nivsy
As a new arrival in Australia and in the past an avid user of ARN, OSL or CPH as my starting point ex EU I am horrified at the prices if journey commences from Australia to anywhere! In some cases x4 in QR cost compared to the delights of ex the above mentioned departure points.😰😨. Is there any sales ex "down under"?
Unfortunately, a premium-class sale from Australia is highly unlikely as most Australian travelers flying those long routes to Europe tend to fly Business Class regardless of the pricing. Also, most Australian companies purchase Business Class tickets for their employees on their long haul travels, however, Scandinavian companies generally do not pay for Business Class. These may be some cases why ex-Australia flights are significantly expensive than ex-Northern Europe ones.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
As someone who has lived in Australia for many years, the custom here is to charge what the market will bear, and there are a lot of wealthy people who are quite happy to pay the asking prices. So discount business class just doesn't happen.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by Grace B
As someone who has lived in Australia for many years, the custom here is to charge what the market will bear, and there are a lot of wealthy people who are quite happy to pay the asking prices. So discount business class just doesn't happen.
Maybe attitudes should.chamge!! Some.(for.me.) shocking prices. Thinking better still start ex EU and just do.points to EU to.cmence all.flights ex EU...bound to.be cheaper.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by nivsy
Maybe attitudes should.chamge!! Some.(for.me.) shocking prices. Thinking better still start ex EU and just do.points to EU to.cmence all.flights ex EU...bound to.be cheaper.
Perhaps you could do what I often do. Jetstar or Scoot or Airasia "business" to Asia, and then regular airlines business to Europe / Middle East. It can be quite cost-effective. Or, use points to Asia.

There are quite a few ways around the high business class fares from Aust, which aren't too painful.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by fgw_
same here: was checking my offers during last days frequently and there was not a single offer shown. finally today 16th jan some offers show up. unfortunately the only interesting offer needed to be booked by 15th jan! thats insane!

and now it gets completely crazy:after logging out of QRPC website, it get presented with 7 offers stating 2xqmiles. almost all of them use same booking and travel dates. some use same offer code, some use different offer code!
so i went ahead and sent a message to QRPC:

whats the point in showing an offer under my offers the first time the day after it expires? checking my offers frequently, but have not seen any offers during the last days. today 16th jan finally there are a few offers listed. also offer 1912PC153 which needs to be booked by 15th jan!
this is ridiculous! u really should rework your website together with your customer support in general!

and this is the response i received:

Dear Mr. fgw_,
We apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced

We can assure you that all offers are sent to members simultaneously taking into consideration the point of residency and the tier level.
You did have in the account the membership 1912PC153 not the 1912PC184. And was updated on the membership accurately .

Please know that different offers have been sent to members with different benefits based on country of residence.
Sincerely,
Ahlem Said
Privilege Club Team
www.qmiles.com

pointless to talk to QRPC, as they are answering questions i didnt ask, but not reponding to the ones i asked! expected behavior anyway. QRPC as we know them
Old Jan 17, 2020, 3:14 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
It's beyond me why anyone would still be using QRPC. Even with 5x QMiles offers, after the devaluation, it's mostly pointless. Just switch to a decent program.
flyvirgin likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
It's beyond me why anyone would still be using QRPC. Even with 5x QMiles offers, after the devaluation, it's mostly pointless. Just switch to a decent program.
no worries, already moved along. OWE now and dont care much about QRPC anymore. still fly them when i can get a decent fare because cabin is still a good product. but u right, and i made my own experiences with QRPC during last years: QRPC sucks! it simply does not fit to a 5star airline as they like to call themself
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:01 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Currently good prices from OSL to HKG, HND, PEK (and perhaps more) ... around 16000 NOK (1600 Euro) in J (of course) . Widely available ..
Maybe useful for someone ...
flyvirgin likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Yup, there’s also OSL-TYO.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:18 am

QR has increased the number of flights to OSL. It seems likely that there will be more cheap tickets soon to fill those additional planes.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:29 am

Just a heads up that the interesting FRA-TYO fare (€ 1.600) can be booked as a double open jaw. For instance BEG-HKG / TYO-FRA or SOF-SIN / TYO-FRA can be had for about € 1.300. LED-BKK / HND-FRA for € 1.250

Might be useful for some.

Last edited by jeroen100; Jan 27, 2020 at 4:27 am
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:33 am

Thanks! That’ might actually be really useful due to blackout dates on the TYO fare...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.