Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Is it worth waiting around for the £1500 Business Fares from helsinki to BKK wth accomadation through Expedia again?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WorldLux
No, I saw the offers last week as well and wasn't that impressed. In some cases they were only slightly cheaper than the competition flying more direct routes. Sure, you could argue that AF's soft product doesn't get close to QR's, but I'd pick AF with their new bizz on a 12H flight over 2x6H flights with QR. At the end of the day, I prefer sleeping to eating and drinking all flight long...

Find me the another airline that had £1000 flights to Singapore or £1650 flights to Brisbane then!

Last edited by Schwann; Oct 23, 2017 at 5:17 am
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Schwann
Find me the another airline that had £1000 flights to Singapore or £1650 flights to Brisbane then!
The trouble is that we've become accustomed to the spectacular deals on QR, so the threshold for what constitutes a "good" deal has been raised. For example, I have a mileage run in January, BKK-DOH-DFW and back the next day in business for $683. That's less than the economy fare on other airlines.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Schwann
I've seen plenty of other deals over the last couple of months that were in a similar price range or only slightly more expensive. And when I'm given the choice between flying EU-DOH-SEA (not Seattle, southeast Asia) or fly EU-SEA at 100-200£ more, I'll be taking the latter option.

And yes, while there were good QR offers in recent weeks, many require repositioning, long layovers in the dessert, etc. Pointing out selective offers doesn't really allow to see the bigger picture. E.g. AF had/has some great offers from Central Europe to BKK and HKG. Finnair had some great offers in September too. In terms of price, other airlines are IME certainly much closer to QR than in the past. The obvious exceptions are AUS/NZ routes where QR is still very interesting from some origins.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: QF,OZ,AC,VB,BA,SQ, EY, QR
What is the best one can expect AUS-LHR in J return? For JUL18.

I have found ADL-LHR-ADL for $5600AUD through travel traders the best so far.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by etrust
What is the best one can expect AUS-LHR in J return? For JUL18.

I have found ADL-LHR-ADL for $5600AUD through travel traders the best so far.
Looking at GF there seem to be plenty of alternatives for that price. I'm seeing CX SYD to LGW for a similar price 5500 AUD). A couple of Chinese carriers are cheaper. I'd probably observe the fares and wait a bit in the hopes that QR gets cheaper during a sale.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Travelers starting their journey to Europe from Australia can save major amounts of money if they are willing to to travel cheaply to SE Asia. Though the effectiveness of this varies with the changes in the AU$ exchange rate.

Both UL and QR offer exKUL to LHR (Feb 2018) in the business cabin at under AU$4000 at the moment.

Happy wandering
Fred
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by wandering_fred

Both UL and QR offer exKUL to LHR (Feb 2018) in the business cabin at under AU$4000 at the moment.

Fred
I'd expect 2 round trips for that much, Fred.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:15 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Grace B
I'd expect 2 round trips for that much, Fred.
Absolutely.^^
Old Oct 28, 2017, 5:55 am

QRMOBAPP never worked for me.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
OSL-AKL

Just booked OSL to AKL over April and May 2018 in J (Business Promo/R) for 2 return for about 28000 NOK, which is ~£2600, £1300 return each is amazing even when factoring in the additional time and flights to position. Looks like this is part of the 2-1 sale in business.

Last edited by stephenjc; Oct 31, 2017 at 6:44 pm Reason: New information
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:02 am
PZE

Programs: BA Bronze, KrisFlyer Silver
Do you happen to have a link to T&Cs? I’m on mobile and can’t make it work. From initial searches it looks (very sadly) like August is excluded but am trying to work out if that’s all departure points or just some.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by PZE
Do you happen to have a link to T&Cs? I’m on mobile and can’t make it work. From initial searches it looks (very sadly) like August is excluded but am trying to work out if that’s all departure points or just some.
Yeah, August is out I'm afraid.

"
Blackout dates (travel not allowed): 15 December 2017 until 10 January 2018 and 7 June to 10tSeptember 2018. Additional blackout dates apply in some countries."

See https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/20-anniversary.html#

t&c at the bottom of the page.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by stephenjc
Just booked OSL to AKL over April and May 2018 in J (Business Promo/R) for 2 return for about 28000 NOK, which is ~£2600, £1300 return each is amazing even when factoring in the additional time and flights to position. Looks like this is part of the 2-1 sale in business.
How did you find that? Doesn't look like Google Flight is showing it.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
How did you find that? Doesn't look like Google Flight is showing it.
https://www.qatarairways.com and mobile app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.