Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR new J business class seat 777/A350

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: QR Plat / IHG Plat / HHonors Silver
I agree. We should "prolly" get back on topic.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 1:27 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
I have held the view that DOH-AKL will be the inaugural route for the latest business class product, for quite some time.

It is the longest route in the network and one of the longest on any carrier worldwide. It would make sense for customers flying this to be provided with the highest level of comfort.

The fact that I am scheduled to take this flight in April bears no impact whatsoever on my judgement, of course
Old Oct 6, 2016, 3:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Jermyn
I have held the view that DOH-AKL will be the inaugural route for the latest business class product, for quite some time.

It is the longest route in the network and one of the longest on any carrier worldwide. It would make sense for customers flying this to be provided with the highest level of comfort.

The fact that I am scheduled to take this flight in April bears no impact whatsoever on my judgement, of course
I suspect AKL won't be the first to see the new product since if they start with a single aircraft QR would probably want to deploy it on a route where a single aircraft can operate outbound and return in 24 hours. Given the length of the trip, AKL requires more than one aircraft to operate.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 3:31 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Originally Posted by Pyros
I suspect AKL won't be the first to see the new product since if they start with a single aircraft QR would probably want to deploy it on a route where a single aircraft can operate outbound and return in 24 hours. Given the length of the trip, AKL requires more than one aircraft to operate.
Ah the unrelenting hammer of the real world, crushing my dreams as usual
Old Oct 6, 2016, 4:11 am

Jermyn yet another blow to your dreams is the fact that DOH-AKL is scheduled as a B777-200 aircraft and retro fitting is expected to start with the B777-300s. There could be deliveries of B777-200 scheduled but I know nothing about that.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:53 am

Today in Washington DC QR's CEO said that the unveiling is delayed to the ITB in Berlin on 8 March 2017.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by N1Rotate
Today in Washington DC QR's CEO said that the unveiling is delayed to the ITB in Berlin on 8 March 2017.
God, I really hope they don't take a page out of the EK book from last year and reveal the same (crappy) seat with a bigger screen and in an even more obnoxious finish
Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:09 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by N1Rotate
Thanks for the info N1Rotate!

Regrettably no surprise at the delay, but launching at ITB makes more sense than at a lesser trade-show.

M
Old Oct 17, 2016, 7:50 pm

Super business class delayed until March 2017

Hat tip to the always excellent ausbt:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-airway...-to-march-2017

I guess it won't be debuting on the inaugural AKL-DOH flight then...
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I missed the part where they were dumping my first class on the 330's. Need to find myself a 380 I suppose.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:35 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
This was reported by N1Rotate last week I believe.

M
Old Oct 18, 2016, 1:15 am

indeed msm2000uk it is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27315883-post18.html of the incorrectly named http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...look-like.html thread. Incorrect since ABB states that it will be retro fitted 'Fleet wide'. Not just the 777s.
I personally doubt that it will be fitted to the shorthaul narrow bodied aircraft, or indeed to any narrow bodied aircraft. But we do not have that type of information so it is just guesses.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by remdk
I personally doubt that it will be fitted to the shorthaul narrow bodied aircraft, or indeed to any narrow bodied aircraft. But we do not have that type of information so it is just guesses.
I'd agree, don't expect to see this fitted to narrow-bodied short-haul fleet, more the wide-body long-haul – but as Qatar's CEO specifically said 'fleet wide' that's what we have used.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
It was supposed to be presented in November 2016. Now presentation has been postponed to the ITB (International Tourism Bourse) in Berlin in March - they already used this exhibition to present their new F product a few years ago.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:50 am
Suspended

Programs: CharlesPoedyOB
Heard about this last week. Pretty disappointed in the delay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.