Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q Credits: Maximizing them

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:19 am

Sorry to be a doofus. How do I check upgrade availability? I know about how to see how many QCredits a given segment will cost. That's not my question. How can I find availability for upgrades? I don't see QR on Expertflyer. Is there a place on the PC website that shows, for instance, J upgrade availability in advance? Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold, M&M FQT
Originally Posted by gregorio1
Sorry to be a doofus. How do I check upgrade availability? I know about how to see how many QCredits a given segment will cost. That's not my question. How can I find availability for upgrades? I don't see QR on Expertflyer. Is there a place on the PC website that shows, for instance, J upgrade availability in advance? Thanks.
Yes, there is. However, you can not 100% trust it. That being said: Search for your flight on the Qatar website. As soon as you get to the tabular results page, you can see a "switch" on the top right hand side, saying "book using qmiles". After having activated that scroll bar, you will be asked to log in. Now you should see the same tabular results form, but not showing prices, but if the filght you want can be booked with miles or if it is not available. If there is availability, there should also be upgrade availability. If it shows "Q2", it means you need double the amount of QMiles - I don't exactly know if it also says upgrades are more or less available, but I think you should not book these.

I think there is no other way at the moment. However, please note, as already stated above: this is just how it should be - there is no guarantee!

By the way: for me it worked by booking flights that showed availability (not Q2). Please also note you need to book the right Economy booking classes that are eligible for an upgrade.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: QRPC
Yes, Q2 means no upgrade availability at the moment. Don't book these, and don't book promo fare tickets. You can also check QR availability on the ba.com website. Just create a dummy account at ba.com and go to "book with avios" then search for your flights and you will see the QR flights if there are some available. There is no guarantee that it actually works and that QR lets you upgrade your booking (their IT system is totally messed up and their hotline doesn't help anymore). But the ba.com and non-Q2 availability seems to match, so it is a good indicator ...
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Anyone know of any routes which require exactly 20 QCredits (or 18 / 19, I'll be flexible !) one way for an upgrade from econ to biz or biz to first ?

The ones I've been looking at come in agonisingly close at 22 and 24, which of course means a return / two segments is not possible and the loss of almost 20 QPoints (as their expiry is closing in).
I suspect they do it deliberately !

Cheers.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
one-way ARN-DEL needs 39 it seems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.