Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q Credits: Maximizing them

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:12 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by impeymac
No problem, try this;

• Select your 'Dashboard' & along the top select the 'My Account' tab
  • On the line underneath select the 'Q Calculator' option
  • After the page refreshes scroll down to the box with drop down selections & enter your details, select 'calculate'
  • A table should appear underneath, select the 'Award Upgrades' tab
  • For DOH-HKT it should show 30 QPoints required for a Y-J one way upgrade, assuming your ticket is an applicable class (3rd line up from the bottom in the table)
Good hunting!
That’s super-helpful thanks. But does it pre-suppose that I have a tix booked that I want to upgrade or it will show me theoretically how many Points needed should I decide to book?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:25 am

NoY Qpoints can be earned for flights and are used only for adjudging status. You can use Qmiles or Qcredits for reward upgrades and Qmiles for reward flights.

To see the cost of an upgrade log on to your PC account and fill in the PC dashboard Qcalculator fields. Repeat this information together with the other required information. The next screen shows how many Qmiles and Qpoints you will earn for each ticket class. This is a tabbed page and the next tabs show the cost of reward flights, the cost of reward upgrades, cost of purchase of excess baggage allowance etc.
Use the Qcalculator from your PC dashboard so that Qcredit costs will also be shown.

Remember to check for reward availability before booking flights.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:07 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by remdk
NoY Qpoints can be earned for flights and are used only for adjudging status. You can use Qmiles or Qcredits for reward upgrades and Qmiles for reward flights.

To see the cost of an upgrade log on to your PC account and fill in the PC dashboard Qcalculator fields. Repeat this information together with the other required information. The next screen shows how many Qmiles and Qpoints you will earn for each ticket class. This is a tabbed page and the next tabs show the cost of reward flights, the cost of reward upgrades, cost of purchase of excess baggage allowance etc.
Use the Qcalculator from your PC dashboard so that Qcredit costs will also be shown.

Remember to check for reward availability before booking flights.
OK, thanks. It’s spending the pesky 40 Q Credits that I trying to fathom. How many needed for upgrade Y-J - in this case DOH-HKT (they couldn’t make it anymore complicated - Q this, Q that, Q the other etc ) without having to buy the Y tix first & then finding out I have not got enough Q Credits.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:22 am

NoY the whole point of the Qcalculator is to enable you to see the possible earnings/requirements without having a reservation.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 6:08 am
NoY

NoY the whole point of the Qcalculator is to enable you to see the possible earnings/requirements without having a reservation.
Yep, I know that. I simply couldn’t see that on the blessed Q Calculator, which is why I asked the question. That’s all.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 6:15 am
NoY

Originally Posted by NoY
Yep, I know that. I simply couldn’t see that on the blessed Q Calculator, which is why I asked the question. That’s all.
Another question arises. I have 40 Q credits unused. Having already re-qulaified for Gold again a few weeks back should I get another 40 Q credits? therefore totalling 80 now? I don’t BTW, I still am showing just 40.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:15 am

NoY Qcredits are awarded either when you first reach Gold or at the annual review. They are not awarded when you reach the requalifing level for Gold since much can happen between then and your annual review. You will be awarded 40 Qcredits, as your previous years Qcredits expire, if you retain Gold status at your annual review.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 10:36 pm
NoY

NoY Qcredits are awarded either when you first reach Gold or at the annual review. They are not awarded when you reach the requalifing level for Gold since much can happen between then and your annual review. You will be awarded 40 Qcredits, as your previous years Qcredits expire, if you retain Gold status at your annual review.
Sorted! @:-)
Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:57 am
RY7

The best way to maximizing is, to use it on SYD flight.
39Qcredit each way, from Y to C or C to F
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
OK, thanks. It’s spending the pesky 40 Q Credits that I trying to fathom. How many needed for upgrade Y-J - in this case DOH-HKT (they couldn’t make it anymore complicated - Q this, Q that, Q the other etc ) without having to buy the Y tix first & then finding out I have not got enough Q Credits.
To see the required Qcredits, you must login as a QRPC gold or plat member first, and use the Qcalculator while you're logged in.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:59 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by Alfredbali
To see the required Qcredits, you must login as a QRPC gold or plat member first, and use the Qcalculator while you're logged in.
Cheers, all sorted some months ago - its still a *#$*(don't want a telling off) "process" though - bye bye QR ^
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:03 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by NoY
Cheers, all sorted some months ago - its still a *#$*(don't want a telling off) "process" though - bye bye QR ^
Just tried burning the very last of my Q Credits for an Upgrade on two consecutive flights (there is standard reward availability for both sectors) - got all the way to processing of payment etc etc & then finally got a screen showing me a "Service Request" number........what can I expect next & how long for a response/resolution? Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:31 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by NoY
Just tried burning the very last of my Q Credits for an Upgrade on two consecutive flights (there is standard reward availability for both sectors) - got all the way to processing of payment etc etc & then finally got a screen showing me a "Service Request" number........what can I expect next & how long for a response/resolution? Thanks.
I can answer my own question as nobody seems to have ever encountered this issue...it took 4 hours to receive confirmation from QRPC that my flights were booked & to follow a link to pay the small value charges in order to have the flights ticketed. All done. Stunned, to be very frank.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: QRPC
Originally Posted by NoY
I can answer my own question as nobody seems to have ever encountered this issue...it took 4 hours to receive confirmation from QRPC that my flights were booked & to follow a link to pay the small value charges in order to have the flights ticketed. All done. Stunned, to be very frank.
Did you have unconfirmed schedule changes in your booking? I recall seing the same thing when I had an unconfirmed time change in my booking and tried to upgrade one of the legs. It showed availability, I confirmed the upgrade, then got a service request number. Only to hear from QR that there is no availability.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:43 am
NoY

Originally Posted by Splendiz

Did you have unconfirmed schedule changes in your booking? I recall seing the same thing when I had an unconfirmed time change in my booking and tried to upgrade one of the legs. It showed availability, I confirmed the upgrade, then got a service request number. Only to hear from QR that there is no availability.
No I didn't. I booked & then tried to upgrade immediately, with the above result. The usual broken QR on-line experience, as far as I can see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.