Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q Credits: Maximizing them

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:39 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by tav1989
^NOY- had the same issue as you when using the automated on line system - showed error etc and still showed credits on my dashboard. On checking the APP on my phone activity showed I had submitted an upgrade request and it was in progress. 16 hours later had an E mail from Priv Club confirming upgrade and deduction of said credits which by then had disappeared from my dashboard / account. they also sent revised new ticket with new class of travel and PNR
Thanks. Its a disjointed process that leaves one ”in the dark” as far as I can see. Anyway, I called QR in Doha & they said that because there was only a standard seat for the DOH-LHR in J, that the booking didn’t go through. The AUH-DOH sector was only showing as a Flexi-Award and therefore Q Credits were not applicable to the whole booking. The agent was great & said she would have to separate the booking & then would upgrade the DOH-LHR sector. 2 calls later (from them to me) & it was done ^. Phew, it was a faff I can tell you but the staff on the phone got there & alleviated my fear that I would have to fly LONG-HAUL in Y for the first time in more than 15 years

Now.....what to do with 15 Q credits that I have left...yikes!

Last edited by NoY; Jan 17, 2017 at 3:16 am Reason: typos
Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Just as an info point . I booked a F/J ticket CAI-BKK last week . Before booking I checked that Award ticket Availability was available in First for the DOH-BKK-DOH legs . I also saw that both First cabins were showing empty . I bought the ticket and applied to upgrade the 2 sectors from J/F using 60 Qcredits using the online form .

As seems normal I got an "unable to process your request" ,so I tried again and got a "You have already applied for this upgrade" . Activity was showing redeemed for upgrade baggage allowance some random characters and a deduction of 0 Qcredits .

I waited 24 hours and was sent an E Mail saying the upgrade request was refused . As the cabins were still completely empty, I replied to the email asking why it was refused . Later in the day I received a second Email with both upgrades accepted ,Qcredits deducted and ticket re-issued .

Now I'm not sure if this means that Upgrade availability is not the same as award availability or if its just QRs clunky upgrade request webpage . Its maybe better to call your local office for upgrades than using the online form .
Only problem is if there is a change in taxes , the local office cannot take payment over the phone (or at least in Egypt they cant ), so you need to call Doha to make the payment .Thankfully there were no additional charges for me this time.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: qr
Noy - thanks for the update good to see that there are pockets of improvement by QR customer services, although that may have been unpicked by Crombiestones experience , but perhaps that was the clunky IT set up. On a separate note and connected to my first post - having just requalified for Gold I now have more Q credits to use and on the same flight have two more co travellers that I would like to try and upgrade. Is it likely ( having already taken 2 upgrades to First ) That more availability will open up before the flight ?Just checked availability on line and its showing 2x award availability so no q credits usable on this . Or do I have to wait and take my chances at the airport when I travel to invoke upgrade?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:11 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Noy - thanks for the update good to see that there are pockets of improvement by QR customer services, although that may have been unpicked by Crombiestones experience , but perhaps that was the clunky IT set up. On a separate note and connected to my first post - having just requalified for Gold I now have more Q credits to use and on the same flight have two more co travellers that I would like to try and upgrade. Is it likely ( having already taken 2 upgrades to First ) That more availability will open up before the flight ?Just checked availability on line and its showing 2x award availability so no q credits usable on this . Or do I have to wait and take my chances at the airport when I travel to invoke upgrade?
Sadly, I have no experience of that.....good luck!
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Is it likely ( having already taken 2 upgrades to First ) That more availability will open up before the flight ?Just checked availability on line and its showing 2x award availability so no q credits usable on this . Or do I have to wait and take my chances at the airport when I travel to invoke upgrade?
More availability can open at any time, or never... Just try to put your upgrade on the waiting list and see what happen, and in last resort try an airport upgrade.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: qr
Originally Posted by Matt4
More availability can open at any time, or never... Just try to put your upgrade on the waiting list and see what happen, and in last resort try an airport upgrade.
Matt4 - Thanks for the tip will try that and see if it works, will report back if I get a positive or negative response.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:54 pm

Stupid QCredits Question

I'm new to QR - stupid question - I can't figure out what a QCredit is worth or can be used for? The site says the QCalculator should tell me but it just tells me the QMiles cost of flights/upgrades. Am I missing something obvious?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by scorbles
I'm new to QR - stupid question - I can't figure out what a QCredit is worth or can be used for? The site says the QCalculator should tell me but it just tells me the QMiles cost of flights/upgrades. Am I missing something obvious?
Here is some more info:

http://www.qatarairways.com/sites/Pr.../qcredits.page
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:38 am
NoY

Its a bit complex! Essentially the only meaningful benefit is upgrades, Y-J, J-F, or regional/GCC,Y-F. Just done one myself & it was a b***er to do but got there in the end! ^
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Assuming you're logged into your PC account, when the table showing the required QMiles is displayed there's normally a small drop-down option below it where you can select QCredits rather than QMiles (upgrades only).
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
I am also a QR newbie and have two questions:

Can qcredits be extended? currently mine expire in Aug, but I am traveling oN QR right now, so will that extend them like US FFP?
Can Qcredits be applied to OTA bookings or can they only be applied to qatar direct tickets?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
Deltahater

Unfortunately QCredits cannot be extended, but if you have an OTA booking on QR metal you can contact QR direct with your PNR and request to use them (availability dependant).
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by theox
Deltahater

Unfortunately QCredits cannot be extended, but if you have an OTA booking on QR metal you can contact QR direct with your PNR and request to use them (availability dependant).

Thank you so much.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:00 am
NoY

Originally Posted by impeymac
Assuming you're logged into your PC account, when the table showing the required QMiles is displayed there's normally a small drop-down option below it where you can select QCredits rather than QMiles (upgrades only).
I cannot see this. What am I missing? Is there a simple table showing QPoints required by region/destination? Trying to establish no. of Points to upgrade Y-J DOH-HKT. Thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:37 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
I cannot see this. What am I missing? Is there a simple table showing QPoints required by region/destination? Trying to establish no. of Points to upgrade Y-J DOH-HKT. Thanks.
No problem, try this;

• Select your 'Dashboard' & along the top select the 'My Account' tab
  • On the line underneath select the 'Q Calculator' option
  • After the page refreshes scroll down to the box with drop down selections & enter your details, select 'calculate'
  • A table should appear underneath, select the 'Award Upgrades' tab
  • For DOH-HKT it should show 30 QPoints required for a Y-J one way upgrade, assuming your ticket is an applicable class (3rd line up from the bottom in the table)

Good hunting!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.